Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 12:32 AM   #16

My dad had to push his victory back to the dealer right after he bought it. Sorry for being off topic, just a reply to the last post.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to bfe71730 Send a message via Yahoo to bfe71730
All I can say is you get what you pay for, I've had my enduro for 3 years and no major problems, but if I haven't caught things during regular inspection, could have been serious, loose bolts, engine mounts, ect. this is the risk anyone of us takes when buying one of these bikes. These bikes are not for the type of person that will take their bike to a dealer just to have an oil change done, not saying that you are like this. The chinese manufactures do need to have better quality control, testing, ect before releasing a consumer product on the market, wonder why they are so cheap? I do know that I had rather tighten a few bolts or weld a crack or two every now and then than have to feed and water a horse every day!!
1983 Honda ATC 200X
1974 Kawasaki KE100

Old 05-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #18

My 2005 KTM 950 Adventure S has 3 recalls on it right now. I've been waiting 2 or 3 months for the dealer to get the parts in to fix it. The rear Brembo brake is useless and I'm not supposed to be riding it. I never use the rear brake on the road, so I'm riding it. All bikes have problems even the expensive 13k ones. It sounds like Vlad's bike failures were in materials. There is no doubt the Chinese are lacking in that area. Just look at them. Even so, I'm sorry to hear that Vlad had such misfortune with his bike. I bought my Jialing Viva to mod and buildup. Not everybody wants to do this. We pay our money and we take our chances with these bikes. We all understand that going in or we should. This is not a pointed at you Vlad. I'm sure you had reservations about the LF200.

The quality of the Chinese bikes WILL get better and the Japanese will be forced to either lower the prices of their bikes or be forced out of the market. More likely, when the quailty of the Chinese bikes gets up to the Japanese levels, the Chinese will raise the prices of their bikes and the field will be leveled. Six of one, half a dozen of the other! Higher prices will more than likely be the case. It will only be a matter of what you want at that point!

Sorry to hear about the problems Vlad! Hang in there!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
My dad had to push his victory back to the dealer right after he bought it. Sorry for being off topic, just a reply to the last post.
Exactly my point!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #20

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! A bolt fell out of the front fairing on my 950 and one of the bolts that holds on the rear rack stripped out.

My point is that the same things happen to all bikes, and cars, and even airplanes! No matter where they are made. Would you fly in a chinese airplane? What about a chinese spaceship?
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #21

Every brand and every product has defect issues, It's what the manufacturer does to correct the problem that makes the differance.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #22

OH IM A HATER!

Hi there folks, guy im so sorry for your bad experience with your bike! I wouldnt want to wish that experience on anyone!. anyway, i hate chinese bikes! WELL.................I USED TO! NOW I RESPECT THEM! And sell parts for them.

CHECK THESE VIDS BELOW.

WOULD YOU DO THIS ON YOUR CHINESE BIKE? I was hitting 90MPH! Yes 90MPH while racing much faster smaller Japanese bikes! As you can see she held her own quite well. The bike you see me on is my own Motorstar Z200R or better , the R- designation is the STAGE III engine that it carries, this bike is one of known in the US as Zongshen GS-200,the toughest motorcycles ive ever seen FOR THE PRICE i paid for it! You said you paid $1,700 for your Lifan, well i paid the equivalent of $1,200 for mine and its as heavy duty as a TANK!
I crashed it head-on into a car with backride at 35MPH! No bent forks or frame damage whatsoever...i got up licked my bruises and walked away! The steering was not even moved! I crashed the bike at 70MPH! destroyed the entire body, ended up in hospital, but i lived and so did SHE! no frame damage whatsoever! i replaced footpegs, steering clip-ons, exhaust and entire plastic body kit for a grand total in damage, $400!!!!!! Yes! And she is BRAND NEW AGAIN! Still no frame damage. I then ran into a manhole cover at 35MPH in the streets of Manila, Philippines, The bike launched me in the air and i just walked to it and rode her home! Still no fork damage or frame damage! If you ever been to the streets of Manila you will know that this city is world famous for its SHITTY roads and HUGE POTHOLES! And this bike bike survives this daily! Which a testament to the chinese durability!
now i'm the type of guy that will tell you how it is and give it to you RAW and UNCUT! But i'm also unbiased and will give it to you the way it is...The problem here is i believ is that you bought a once in a lifetime FLUKE or ABBERATION, i believe that all LIFANS are not like that but i also believe that ZONGSHENS are built AS GOOD AS ANY JAPANESE BIG BIKE OUT THERE! as far as strength! I dont agree with the way the engine is, thats why i'm in business! When i bought my bike it suffered ENGINEWIDE LEAKAGE on every o-ring in the motor, what did i do......i redesigned the leaky areas! I re-cut the metal and installed double 0-rings and guess what? THE LEAKS STOPPED! The head gasket? I just torqued them with a torque wrench! DONE! Thats it! No more leaks and very minor problems! I think you need to try out a ZONGSHEN GS 250 before you get your panties in a bunch.

Take care! Dont be so hard on the chinese ! They are bringing FUN TO THE MASSES at prices that are affordable by MOST! Filipinos cant afford $10,000 bikes like the people in the US, thats why these chinese bikes are VERY POPULAR HERE! And alot of Americans agree about AFFORDABILITY.

Best Regards

Marlone
Bataycan Corp.

Check out my website too! You wont be disppointed!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #23

If I ever need a CRASH TEST DUMMY I'll be sure to look you up! Geese dude! Come on

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #24

OK

Yeah, i thought i would get a response like that, but the point is, if this bike can be pushed like the way they push them here....then i'm sure IVE MADE MY POINT, in the fact that it's more than adequate for use in the continental US. Am i right?
This particular bike will hit 12,000rpm's and pull all the way there! But for you guys that like to go on the Interstates there , it has more than adequate passing power to do it, and as far as reliability? Very Good! And it can be driven everyday.

Glad to have shown you guys what YOUR BIKES are REALLY capable of elsewhere in the world.

Best Regards,

Marlone
Bataycan Corporation,

For interested parties check my website, i'm sure we have something there to your liking.

http://stores.ebay.com/speed-racer-p...or-china-bikes

Yes, thanks for caring, been riding bikes at high speed since i was 14 years old, i'm now 39!

Best regards from the Philippines

Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #25

My american lifan gy5 2007 200 has been a great bike i looked at the jap bikes 200's there not much if any better an cost on the suzuki was $3800 an looking at the 2 side by side out in front of the dealership, everyone thought mine the red lifan looked better !! especialy for 1350 shipped !!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #26

I thought this guy was still in jail.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...?personId=8778

Must be an old post.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #27

If you would like to discuss a dealer, please do so in the dealer section (parts dealers too!).

This IS an old post.

Closed Thread