Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #1

My Lifan LF250GY-7 (Skygo SG250GY-7)

Hi everyone! First time poster here. I'm from Caracas,Venezuela.

Two weeks ago I bought myself my Christmas Present, a new Skygo SG250GY-7. It's kind of my first bike (my other bike was a Hyosung Comet 650, had to sell needed the money and too much of a bike for me in my current learning phase).

Here's a crappy cellphone pic the day I payed for it.

I've been searching and searching, and apparently no one else has this bike! :(

Since then, I've only ridden about 150 miles (distances are pretty short here LOL) but I've been researching how to give it a little more punch. Read the carb jetting information and about installing a free flow air filter. My question is, do all lifan chinese bikes, in your experience, have the same carbs (keihin-type)? Instead of changing the air filter, will desnorkeling the airbox help? Exhaust ideas?

Like I said I've read a lot, but most of the information I found is for the 200gy, and its a different engine and bike.

If I must be a guinea pig, I'm up for it, but would first want to know If someone else has any experience with this bike and engine.

Best regards to everyone

Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #2

Welcome to the site. Sadly I can't help you much but there will be some guys in the next day or two that should be able to help out. Nice looking bike, it almost looks like the Qlink but the motor looks a little more like the Hibird's from last summer. Not really sure. Like the supermoto look of the bike. I've been thinking of buying a Qlink XF200 which looks a lot like your bike. Anyway welcome aboard.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #3

Welcome, is that thing water cooled? Got any more pics? Looks like a nice bike

Old 01-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #4

Skygo Model

Welcome to the forum!

That is a very nice looking motorcycle! However, the female Skygo model is even more attractive than your bike!

http://skygomotorcycle.com/enskygo/index.asp

I am trying very hard to decide which pose I like the best. I think she looks particularly lovely mounted upon the SG125T-2C scooter. Perhaps we should start a poll?

P.S. This lovely young woman seems to prefer riding barefoot, which is an obvious safety concern. However, she is wearing some very sturdy boots while mounted upon the SG250 cruiser. :wink:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Welcome, is that thing water cooled? Got any more pics? Looks like a nice bike
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. Jim, in fact is watercooled. I took some more pics with my cellphone. Tell me what you think or if you want more information.

I'm planning to to the clip mod this weekend, maybe install an exhaust.

Best Regards

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #6

It looks great, I was considering getting one, as there was word of the Lifan 250 GY7 being available here in Canada, but that never materialized (and they are the same bike as far as I am aware, Lifan and Skygo are sort of like Pontiac and Chevrolet from my understanding).

It looks like a great bike, the only thing I don't particularly care for, is the mounting of the tool kit... That was how it was supposed to be done on my GY6 as well, but I never did put it on there (which bit me in the rear end one day when I needed them)... I would prefer a gy5 styled toolkit mounting setup but oh well...

I really like the swing arm / axle setup on that one...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #7

Good luck with your bike. Would you mind telling us what your bike cost? They have some others that are real nice also.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
It looks great, I was considering getting one, as there was word of the Lifan 250 GY7 being available here in Canada, but that never materialized (and they are the same bike as far as I am aware, Lifan and Skygo are sort of like Pontiac and Chevrolet from my understanding).

It looks like a great bike, the only thing I don't particularly care for, is the mounting of the tool kit... That was how it was supposed to be done on my GY6 as well, but I never did put it on there (which bit me in the rear end one day when I needed them)... I would prefer a gy5 styled toolkit mounting setup but oh well...

I really like the swing arm / axle setup on that one...
Jim. funny story. The first day I got the bike home I took away the toolkit because I didn't like the position neither. Well, I put the toolkit on top of my SUV and completely forgot about it.

Driving down the highway the next day I remembered I had the toolkit on top of the car when I saw it in the rearview mirror flying at 80 MPH. 8O Thank God no one was hurt! :oops:

Now I have to get a new toolkit. :?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
Good luck with your bike. Would you mind telling us what your bike cost? They have some others that are real nice also.
Thanks. It costs around $2500 here, give or take given the currency exchange this time of the year.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #10

That looks exactly like what my bike wanted to grow up to be!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiribarren
Jim. funny story. The first day I got the bike home I took away the toolkit because I didn't like the position neither. Well, I put the toolkit on top of my SUV and completely forgot about it.

Driving down the highway the next day I remembered I had the toolkit on top of the car when I saw it in the rearview mirror flying at 80 MPH. 8O Thank God no one was hurt! :oops:

Now I have to get a new toolkit. :?

Yeah my plan is to get one off the gy5 bike, the hard plastic holder that mounts under the rear fender. I just haven't gotten around to it yet :wink:

Old 01-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #12

Nice looking bike. Looks way more solid than my Sierra 200gy! Good luck with it. Looks like you've already hit the dirt!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #13

Looks like the speedo reeds in both MPH and KPH. I dont see an odometer though. Very nice looking bike with some bells and whistles.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #14

Thanks guys!

I will definitevly need to find an alternative for mounting my toolkit.

The speedometer reads in MPH and KPH. It has an odometer, the little LCD display in the right indicates both gear you are on, and the total KPH ridden. No trip meter though.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #15

Engine looks like a real chinese original. A nice compact liquid cooled single cam!

You need to really keep us up on your experience with the bike! Noticed the Fastace rear shock too. Hows the suspension?