Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #1

I did a fix on an old B & S engine some years ago, and I don't know if it will work for you, but what I did was:

1. Bought a plumbing bushing with the inside threads SMALLER than the spark plug I wanted to use and with the outside threads LARGER than the stripped hole in the head.

2. Took a tap with the SAME threads as the spark plug I wanted to use, and threaded the INSIDE of the bushing, and tested the plug to make sure it would thread in good.

3. Took an NPT tap with the threads the SAME as the OUTSIDE threads of the bushing, and threaded the stripped-out hole in the head.

4. Mixed up a little dab of JB Weld and smeared it on the OUTSIDE threads of the bushing, hit the JB Weld with a hair dryer for a few seconds to get it good and runny, and then screwed the bushing tightly into the head and let it sit overnight.

5. Insert spark plug into the bushing, hook up the plug wire and go riding . . .

Luke, 11: 21