Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #1

rabbit scooters enduros

I noticed a couple of new enduro style bikes on rabbitscooters site. Was wondering if any of you have any knowledge about them, as the price is in the 1100 - 1300 range (just where I like it) and summer is coming.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #2

No I don't, but I would advise caution while doing business with Rabbit Scooters.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #3

The Coolster is a new one around here; Zongshen engine, so might be stout enough. Good price, too. I know that Coolster is a lower-cost option/competitor to Pitster Pro in the pit bike market, and both are branching out to larger dirt bikes/enduros. Rabbit Scooters had a bad rap here a while ago, partly because they were stealing photos of people's Lifan GY-5 from this site and putting them on their site as if they were Rabbit's satisfied customers--including Jim's snow Lifan photo!

Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #4

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking of that, I have just heard about them not sending things out after they are ordered and so on, but I don't have any facts on that, so I that is why I just advised caution...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #5

while were on the subject of dealers, me and a friend are seriously looking at buying a couple of bikes from atvdiscounter.com. any knowledge of them? the exact bike im looking at is the db-07.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #6

They're kind of shady also, check out the dealer forum... They were advertising a bike with pictures of a counter balanced lifan gy 5 and sending out a non balanced gy 2, among other things...

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
They're kind of shady also, check out the dealer forum... They were advertising a bike with pictures of a counter balanced lifan gy 5 and sending out a non balanced gy 2, among other things...
We had a go at them last year. The only thing good about them, from some of the members here, is that they have come through on mail order ( a few times), and if you happen to live near one of their shops in Texas or Arkansas (I think Arkansas?) they can't pull any fast ones on you, and have served customers well who have gone in person.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #8

yeah i remember hearing some problems with them last year when i was always visiting this site because i had just bought my komoto 250. But i was wondering if they had turned things around or not. i did email them though and they got right back to me within the day. (it was a saturday also)

Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #9

A Canadian's best friend, and our very own, banned member, Kelly5150, ordered his pit bikes from them, and had great experiences--really!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakembakem
while were on the subject of dealers, me and a friend are seriously looking at buying a couple of bikes from atvdiscounter.com. any knowledge of them? the exact bike im looking at is the db-07.
I bought a GY-5 from them, and got a GY-5. It was counterbalanced. I also got the MSO and was able to title it 6 MONTHS LATER after having my local detective, and an arbitrator from the BBB talk to them.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #11

i wonder how hard it is to get a title in Ohio using a paperwork from Rabbitscooters. Anyone around here have any idea?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #12

I know you are probably shopping on price, but if you are in OH you may want to give Bruce a call. 330-274-0098. He is a true licensed dealer in Ohio.

You would also have support after the sale.

Allen

Old 02-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #13

Being in Ohio might be tricky for you to get a title--I wouldn't try without getting an exact answer.