Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to kmoore
UPDATE AL LF250B EXAUST

Ok if anyone here ever reads my posts (i understand if you overlook me and my ramblings on and its ok seriously its all good i would ignore me too) you know that i have since october been having issues with parts from american lifan (been waiting on a friggin exaust since late september/early october) so out of the blue today i get an im on the lifan site from shawn. messages as follows.

To: kmoore
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 am
Subject: American Lifan

Has your muffler issue been addressed?

To: admin
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm
Subject: Re: American Lifan

no sir,

my al dealer is still waiting. im still waiting. and ive had an unrideable bike since october but yet still have to make payments on it every month.

To: kmoore
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:15 pm

Ridiculous. We are making changes in our parts department so customers like you do not slip through the cracks. Please give me a list of parts you are needing for the bike. I will also be extending your warranty for the inconvenience you have had.

I sincerely apologize for this horrible misunderstanding...

Shawn

To: admin
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:57 pm

i am needing compleate exaust and nuts and bolts to hold it on and the rubber grommets to insulate the drivers pegs to the frame. (if needed i can send pic.) my dealer is and at Bama Motorsports.

ok so i forget to include what bike i have and had a few questions so i call him and double check a few things and my parts are being sent directly to me and a fresh 6 month warranty to boot.

so if everything goes as planned i should have my parts by end of next week and maybe my faith restored a little bit in American Lifan.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Hold your breath! 8O

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #3

Wow! 8O

I have to say, that seems to go beyond anything and everything I've read in the past, and so long as it holds true, I'd say this is a wonderful step in the right direction.

I hate to be negative all the time, so I'll say that this is good news (unless proven otherwise).

Congrats!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #4

Holy crap! That seems a little excessive waiting for that! You would think that with the wholesale prices of these bikes, perhaps dealers should have loaner bikes or something like that. Car dealers have them available. I have been negative lately about AL, too, from Phil's experience as a dealer and dsrt4's experience, and I still am--that is way tooooooo long a waiting time. The dealer should have had a custom exhaust made months ago (no, not a fancy one) if they were at fault, or AL should have done it months ago if it was AL's fault.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #5

Wow Culcune, you never like to look at the bright side do you? :wink:

I waited 6 months for a fuel tank for my Kawasaki under warranty and they never did anything to apologize for the delay or the lack of returned calls from the dealership... "mad props" to Shawn at AL...

Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Wow Culcune, you never like to look at the bright side do you? :wink:

I waited 6 months for a fuel tank for my Kawasaki under warranty and they never did anything to apologize for the delay or the lack of returned calls from the dealership... "mad props" to Shawn at AL...
I have to give props to Shawn--for not quitting! I just think that AL tried to pump themselves up by being the self-proclaimed biggest and baddest Chinese brand, but has been falling here and there.

A bright side, you ask? I can't wait to see what kind of enduro that Hi-Bird has coming! I would love to see the two new bikes from Asiawing make it here to North America!! Galaxy Moto already has some bikes in the US indirectly from Puzey of S. Africa, via Pitster Pro--can't wait for their own Galaxy branded bikes due to the high-ish entry cost of the Pitster Pro-branded Galaxy bikes here. Zongshen has a way cool looking/seemingly high feature 150 enduro set for release. Qingqi is set to release their new 250 enduro--hopefully they will sell under their own name rather than the releationship they have with Qlink (the downside here is the higher entry price that Qlink charges for their motard and enduro-but I am supposed to be looking at, and for, the bright side here )A big plus will be if the higher feature stuff catches on at higher prices, the old GY-200's should still be available at bargain cost to those of us in the "know" via chinariders or mychinamoto.

How's that for bright side!!! :wink: :P

Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #7

Keep us posted.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #8

I am Sorry...... but I was turned away so many times when I Called American Lifan for help its very hard not to be bitter.. I was even put on hold and then hung up on over 5 times, For what? asking for help with THEIR Dealer?

If Im Not Mistaken they new about Kmoore's situation a while back also correct?

In my case it wasn't even until I Finally went vocal here and on their forums about my Situation that they even got involved. And that was a month or so after I First Called them about this issue.

I am glad I Am getting the help from American Lifan now, but Im still erked I was Brushed off when I went to them.

Even after all this, I am Doubtful that My situation will be corrected , At least on the dealers end simply because the dealer just Does not care.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #9

Kmoore I think you have the right to be bitter. That is a long wait. If it was summer I think my bitterness would be anger. But I'm with Jim on this one.

Again I'm gonna try to be positive. If Shawn says he's gonna come through and help, I'd give him a chance. They might want to change things. dsrt4, and kmoore could be the guys that they go out of their way to help. I know that if he gets the correct exhaust that he'll tell everyone here that Shawn came through for him. On the other hand, if Shawn says he'll help and doesn't, well, time will tell.

*PROVISO*
I have no idea what is going on over at AL. I'm probably being over positive but I told (someone) I'd give AL a fair chance and I'd stay positive incase they started talking to their dealers to help their customers. With a phone call to the dealer Al could clear this up, they have a long distance phone plan, surely. Personally, I think that this time, they'll use this opportunity to build a good reputation.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #10

I just Dont get it......

They Knew about Kmoore's situation since OCT of last year correct?
But now they get "Mad Props" for coming to the rescue now?

I Know its better than no help at all but some times the help comes a little too late for a "Atta boy"..

Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #11

A long time ago, I was in the manager training program for Rent-A-Center. I absolutely hated the company and the job, etc., but the one thing I will have kept with me are the ideas from a book that they gave us. I forgot the name of it, but it was all about customer service and going out of your way to deliver it.

It was written by a guy who owned several car dealerships in Texas, and how he went above and beyond helping develop customers for life--I think that was the name of the book, Customers for Life. I wholeheartedly agree with dsrt4--providing customer service shouldn't be banning people from your forums (no, I am not implying they did that to him, but others who provided "negative" feedback have been banned--i.e. Phil) and then helping only after a lengthy discussion is started on an unbiased, high profile forum.

The first situation I remember reading about was indirectly, someone posted selected posts here on Chinariders from the AL forum from people who had bought "grey" market bikes, and couldn't get them registered. The insinuation was that these people were out of luck. AL was pretty much laughing at these peoples' predicament.

Then we got into the very lengthy discussions from the member who had bought, what he thought was a GY-5 model, but was sent a GY-2. The dealer was not an authorized AL dealer, but, alas, he got his load of bait and switch bikes from--American Lifan. The poor sap could not get his state to budge as they were very strict (and would have registered the bike provided it was a GY-5 no matter if grey market or not) so the guy turned to AL for some help. I found it disheartening that they washed their hands of it, especially as they had been so high and mighty preachy about how bad grey market Lifans are, yet proceeded to put a bunch of grey market bikes on the market themselves.

AL makes a customer provide their VIN number to get parts, and will not sell parts for grey bikes--very poor customer building move. I have yet to see where anyone has been harmed due to riding a grey bike and it failed due to inferior parts, and how could selling someone an "official AL" sprocket to be placed on a grey bike end up being traced back to AL if the brakes failed on the grey?

Then we get to these two recent situations--dsrt4 can't get a proper MSO from a (high and mighty sacred) American Lifan dealer, and Kmoore hasn't had satisfaction since October.

If AL is the company they try to portray themselves as, there would be no negative posts needed here on Chinariders, or their own forum. They have tried to portray themselves as a superior company that is above and beyond the EBay dealers, but have shown otherwise. Simply reading the book mentioned above could have helped alleviate these situations. Shifting blame to your dealers is not enough, especially if you are trying to put down other companies and portraying yourself as superior to them, but engaging in the same practices.

We collectively know that Chinese bikes are, for the most part, inferior to more established brands. However, don't portray yourself as superior, and then just act like the other companies when your help is needed. It is definitely not gaining customers for life!

Old 02-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #12

Culcune, please stop hijacking EVERY topic with your anti-AL-rhetoric.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Culcune, please stop hijacking EVERY topic with your anti-AL-rhetoric.
Evrything he Stated sounds Pretty Damn close to me.

One does not have to look very far back in the older post's to find out It is far from Rhetoric...

Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #14

The entire paragraph about atv discounters (aka the biggest paragraph), has nothing to do with American Lifan. The parts are not being sold to grey market bikes, however AL plans to open up parts sales as soon as the flow of new grey market bikes stops. Why shouldn't the grey market distributors support their own products?

Bruce aka EJcycles is an admin over there, and has said that there have been accidental bannings but other wise there is not many people banned (I don't know the exact number), in fact I was banned, by accident, which is why Bruce posted a message here about it, and if you were accidently banned to please contact him.

It looks as though they are going out of their way to make up for the mistakes they made when dealing with Kmoore, and Dsrt, I understand your frustration, but your dealer is the one dodging you, and AL has sent out the new paper work, and said that they will see if the dealer can make it right or if they have to deal with him...

Old 02-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #15

Sorry... I don't see it like that.
They didn't want to do anything at all until I posted about it...