Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #1

VBike 250cc T ???

http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=s...s=&pz=&scid=75

anyone know anything about this atv?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Looks good. Appears to have a LIFAN engine, fairly well proven. More info can be found googling for "KMD 250 ATV" including this site with lots of photos of every detail of it:

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/KMD-p/kmd-atv-57.htm
Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
Yamaha Virago XV1100
Triumph Bonneville SE
Qingqi QM110GY
PGO Bug rider 250 Buggy

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #3

Hah! I just ordered a 250T a few hours ago! (Along with a 300M Monster)

The 250T is apparently mechanically the same as the V4SW (see other threads here on that bike), but has better fenders (so the slop doesn't get thrown all over you) and a better trailer hitch mount....and slightly bigger tires...along with some other minor imporovements.

The V4SW is a superb bike, and it seems this 250T takes it one step further and corrects some of the minor flaws of the V4SW!

I should have mine on Thursday- and give me till early next week to get 'er assembled and photographed, and I'll post pics/info.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #4

Woot thanks KD for being the guinea pig!! really looking forward to hear what you have to say about it as I 'm considering buying one myself.

From the looks of the other site (not vbike) it actually has smaller tires than the V4SW, though, and vbike site doesn't list the tire size :( And the picture of the back end looks exactly like the v4sw but I had read that it actually has a better hitch, wonder if it is a v4sw back end or if it's different. Also can you let us know if it has the digital gear light, and a vented gas cap?

Eagerly waiting your review And thank you in advance!! :wink:

Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #5

Danthalis,

I think the bike listed on that other site is slightly different...or may be an early model. The 250T on Vbike definitely has bigger tires and a better hitch. A lot of these bikes look almost identical, but often are not- it seems that importers/manufacturers mix and match a lot of parts.

To see more pics that will prove my point about the 250T, search "KMD ATV-57" in Google picture search and web search. (and it seems that Vbike also has the best price!)

I usually don't play the guinea pig...but I'm not worried in this case- and I love that Lifan motor. I bought the 250T and the 300M with the idea that I'd keep whichever one suits me best and sell the other....but I have a feeling it's going to be a hard choice!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #6

Or how about here for 1199 with free shipping ! $200 off the VBike price is hard to match!

http://www.atvdiscounter.com/ATVs-22...oductInfo.aspx

Old 04-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
Or how about here for 1199 with free shipping ! $200 off the VBike price is hard to match!

http://www.atvdiscounter.com/ATVs-22...oductInfo.aspx
I would pay 500.00 more and buy it from Vbike befor dealing with
ATV discounters.

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM   #8

....not only does ATVdiscounters have a crappy reputation for customer service- but the net is full of people complaining about shipment time (often months!).

...and unless you have access to a frieght terminal/loading dock, you have to add $100 for shipping from them, plus $40 for the 90 day parts warranty (which is free at Vbike)...and that's assuming that they warranty the engine for a year for free, like Vbike.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #9

Side by Side comparison. This should be good.

We should have reviews soon on almost all of vbike's models.

Allen

Old 04-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #10

Hey KentuckyDonkey You get it yet? (the 250cc T)

Old 04-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey
Hah! I just ordered a 250T a few hours ago! (Along with a 300M Monster)...I should have mine on Thursday- and give me till early next week to get 'er assembled and photographed, and I'll post pics/info.
I am eager to hear your appraisal, KD. Thank you for taking the time to post your photographs and your impressions regarding these ATVs.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Hah! I just ordered a 250T a few hours ago! (Along with a 300M Monster)...I should have mine on Thursday- and give me till early next week to get 'er assembled and photographed, and I'll post pics/info.
I am eager to hear your appraisal, KD. Thank you for taking the time to post your photographs and your impressions regarding these ATVs.

Spud
Stay tuned- I'll be posting my review probably tomorrow. Got the 250T assembled yesterday. Quick synopsis: The V4SW is better. The 250T costs more, but it a tad smaller; it doesn't have bigger tires (it's supposed to); It doesn't have a better hitch plate ("..."); it has the older style Lifan motor (V4SW has the newer, better Lifan); and lots more....

And while the 250T is fairly fast- it is not as fast as the V4SW (nor does it sound as good. The V4SW, while not overly noisey, did have a great "powerful" sound.

250T does not shift as smoothly either- in fact, going from neutral to reverse or downshifting can be downright hard!

I'd recommend against buying the 250T and instead, opting for the cheaper V4SW.

I will also be posting my review of the 300 Monster.

I'm glad to post the reviews and pics- I like to give accolades to good products/companies when appropriate, and I like to warn people of not-so-good ones....and I know that other people's reviews helped me greatly (If it weren't for them, I likely never would have bought a China bike).

Trouble is, as I'm learning, you never kno0w what to expect when you order one of these China bikes. Seems like the sellers don't even know their own merchandise. The manufacturers make constant changes, and the bikes are pretty much a mish-mash of various components, and there seems to be no guarantee that one will get the exact same bike, even when ordering the same model from the same seller.

The Chinese seem to have gotten with the program and have improved their quality lately (as far as bikes go...)- but the constant jumble of components even within the same model, which essentially makes ordering a China bike a lot like buying a lottery ticket, is, IMO, the biggest hinderance to their success right now.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #13

8O Man what a bummer! Sorry to heart the new bike isn't what it's supposed to be, I hope you have better luck with the monster.

I myself am.. er was about to buy a 250T having just sold my V4SW. :( I'm regretting that now even though I got back all the $$$ I put into it. That bike was a winner all around, heh should of known better than to try and go double or nothing coming from Nevada and all... I think I'll wait for you're full review before I do anything. Maybe contact Tim to see if he has any V4SW's left.

By chance did you ask Tim what's up with it being smaller, smaller tires than advertised?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthalis

By chance did you ask Tim what's up with it being smaller, smaller tires than advertised?
Yes- at first he didn't believe me! He swears up and down that he "tests" them all before they leave. So I sent him pics of all 4 tires....he hasn't responded yet.

O-K, it's not something you'd really notice until you look for it- but it seems like he got in a batch of earlier model 250Ts. (Or, if it is possible, there was just a stray early one in the container.....???)

The Monster I rather like. I have only 2 reservations about it- but overall, it is good.

I just had a tooth pulled, so maybe while I'm sitting here waiting for it to heal (Can't eat yet...and don't want to ride, as I may make it bleed...) I'll start posting the reviews......

Old 04-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #15

Quote:
...Stay tuned- I'll be posting my review probably tomorrow. Got the 250T assembled yesterday. Quick synopsis: The V4SW is better...I'd recommend against buying the 250T and instead, opting for the cheaper V4SW...
Thank you for your honest appraisal, KD. I am sure many members of this forum greatly appreciate you sharing your personal experience with these different ATVs.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894