Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #1

My local dealers didn't last long.....

There were 2 China bike importers within 6 miles of my house. Daves Deals on Wheels was selling Lifan bikes and the other called "Go Ride ATV" was selling 4 wheelers and scooters. Both have vanished after aprox a year, Dave about 8 months. Dave's still sells cars, but the Lifan signs and bikes have been gone now for at least 3 months....

Looks like the China bike import surge has pretty much dried up. Too bad, but at least we got ours when we could.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #2

this is happening a lot with distributors not just dealers you really need a love of bikes not just money
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 PM   #3

The fact that regular bike shop bashes china bike must have something to do with it, also. I was in a regular bike shop trying to order a sprocket, and when the parts guy learned about my china bike outside, he gave the usual spill about its crappiness, eventhough he has never owned or ridden one. He even said I should forget about the sprocket, sell the bike now, and buy a japan bike instead.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
...I was in a regular bike shop trying to order a sprocket, and when the parts guy learned about my china bike outside, he gave the usual spill about how crappy they are. He even said I should forget about the sprocket, sell the bike now, and buy a japan bike instead.
Wow, that is great customer service, isn't it? :evil: I guess he thought it was polite to degrade his customer's motorcycle, just as the rider was ready to spend some money at his shop. :roll: This idiotic shop owner is the individual who should be going out of business! :evil:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon
...I was in a regular bike shop trying to order a sprocket, and when the parts guy learned about my china bike outside, he gave the usual spill about how crappy they are. He even said I should forget about the sprocket, sell the bike now, and buy a japan bike instead.
Wow, that is great customer service, isn't it? :evil: I guess he thought it was polite to degrade his customer's motorcycle, just as the rider was ready to spend some money at his shop. :roll: This idiotic shop owner is the individual who should be going out of business! :evil:
Spud
And why I don't take my business to a shop. I would like to get things local, but I'm tired of getting the run-around and the attitude that I don't "really" know what I'm doing/talking about.
Thank goodness for the Internet :wink:
Bill

Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #6

i like the guys who cut downgrade and belittle anything that they didnt sell for a couple of reasons i know that people said "em riceburners wont make it, you should get a real bike like my montesa" and i learned what butter bolts were from the japanese but the best reason is karma :twisted: but its good for my business when they talk down on somebodys machine sometimes they send them to me :wink:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next