Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2009, 03:02 AM   #16

They also acknowledge that the snowmobilers are the only group that is big enough to fund the project. IOW, if we had the fundraising power, perhaps we'd be tolerated.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #17

I keep hearing about this nickelmine place, have any of you guys gone there?

Old 09-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_addict
I keep hearing about it too. Will be going soon I'm thinking.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #19

welcome from chilliwack!

I've been injured on an off for over a year and haven't been riding but hoping to heal soon enough for fall riding..

Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #20

Quote:
We go to Nickelmine every chance we get; we even went there yesterday (sorry T ).

You need a FVDRA membership (cheap and totally worth it) to get the lock combo for the gate.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
We go to Nickelmine every chance we get; we even went there yesterday (sorry T ).
No worries chap, I remember you offering up that day however the girlies soccer jamboree was keeping me here, took up half my Saturday.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Quote:

You need a FVDRA membership (cheap and totally worth it) to get the lock combo for the gate.
Really?
A coworker of mine goes there with a friend of his alot and he told me that you have to be a member for 5 years and go to all the meetings and do a bunch of volunteer stuff before they give you a key to the gate.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really?
A coworker of mine goes there with a friend of his alot and he told me that you have to be a member for 5 years and go to all the meetings and do a bunch of volunteer stuff before they give you a key to the gate.
That sounds pretty wrong to me if you go to their website it says pay 75 bucks and you get the trail pass. Someones pulling your leg. I've been waiting for W&G to take me as a guest to check the place out as a riding spot before paying, however I do trust his opinion on it being great, I'm just waiting for something free first.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #24

Is it not on crown or public land? (I don't know, that's why I'm asking)

Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Really?
Totally false. As TurboT says, pay the money and receive the combo. The combo is changed every couple of weeks or so, and they update you via email. Make sure to ask to be included in the list.

TurboT, the Trail Pass isn't what the name implies. A Trail Pass is special funding for the BCORMA, and they are a body that works on our behalf to keep trails open and battle land developers. If you buy a membership, one Trail Pass is included, but we bought two. Check out the FVDRA explanation of BCORMA here: http://www.fvdra.com/TrailPass.html , and the BCORMA website here: http://204.50.112.61/geovisionenviro....php?q=node/20 I believe that the Trail Pass is needed for some areas in BC, but not for Nickelmine. You get a mirror hanger with your membership to identify your vehicle, and assorted bumper stickers.

Jim, I believe that Nickelmine is land that belongs to a forestry company.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #26

that sounds pretty wicked!
How is it in there for riding?
Is it very busy?
Hows the attitude towards chinabikes in there?
I was looking at the site and the photos are all from events and it looks really busy, and everyone seems to be riding jap bikes.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Is it very busy?
I was looking at the site and the photos are all from events and it looks really busy, and everyone seems to be riding jap bikes.
It does look nice and like good riding.

I wouldn't worry about your chinabike, who cares anyways? You may get some good natured ribbing, but what you ride is your choice to fit your budget. I think the Gio Dirt bikes look cool, and I almost bought one and would defend that decision to anyone based on cost and the fact I'd never be doing 20 ft jumps with anything I owned. I merely went with the used YZ due to me finding a reasonable deal and my size, that if I took a hard bump it might be like a 20 ft jump on the bike with me sitting on it.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Is it very busy?
TurboT makes excellent points.

If you're at all concerned with the appearance of your bike, remove every decal on the bike and buy a Fox decal kit. Presto. If you have the funds, a decent FMF exhaust (or similar) adds to the hot rod look, and it will increase performance. While on the topic, pick up a Uni filter to protect the engine, since the Chinese filters are junk. As a bonus, the uni filters come with decals as well.

I see the odd China bike there, but they're mostly Jap bikes. We don't care; if it wasn't for China bikes, we wouldn't be riding.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #29

I agree, I get alot of comments from people wondering what I'm riding.
I don't really like decals on my bikes so I took them all off.
I'm in the process of upgrading both my bikes right now
The 125cc I have the head off it and ported it out for a 26mm intake and carb with a uni filter. I ported out the exhaust alot too. I also put one of those cdi units on there with no rev limiter. I'm just waiting on a new headgasket to show up as the one that was in my gasket kit was not the right size. Then I'll get to see how the changes have affected it. I might hollow out the muffler but I kinda like how quiet it is, we'll see if she needs more power or not!

The 250cc bike I have is a 2007 and it has a really bad airbox setup on it so I bought one of the airboxes from a newer bike and have to modify part of my frame for it to fit. I also bought a mikuni carb for it and a cdi and I hollowed out the muffler.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #30

Sounds good. 8)

Let me know if you buy a FVDRA membership; maybe we can meet up at Nickelmine sometime.