Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #46

and i would like to meet you in person kato, but we will have to see what they say i havent gotten the call yet, i have found that shipping bikes are pretty easy but then when the legal stuff starts things get slowed. i would like to see what they look like, but like normal, lucks just not with me, maybe you just need a zong :wink: and everything in the shop is on sale i still have leftover everything so im trying to sell off and start fresh some at below my cost
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #47

Well, I am going to off the streets for awhile unless gas jumps back up. Hopefully the 400 will be proven by then.

Tight squeeze with 2 car seats and me in the ranger.

Allen

Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #48

I enjoyed reading all this info here, you are all a source of info and entertainment.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #49

Does this bike have a USFS approved spark arrestor? This is key for the areas I ride.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #50

Here is a little model comp. on some of the popular machines to the LXT

Old 10-12-2009, 02:01 PM   #51

I'm not sure but I think and DOT approved muffler would be Forest Service approved also.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitster
Here is a little model comp. on some of the popular machines to the LXT...
Thank you for the bike comparison table, Gary; it is quite informative.

In particular, I would like to learn more about the custom seat for the LXT. I frequently ride all day, and I occasionally take short trips lasting several days. I highly appreciate a dual sport motorcycle with a comfortable saddle. Can you tell us the more about the prices, and the estimated dates when the tour package items will become available?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #53

I can't believe how expensive those other bikes are! That's a lot of money to spend on a machine you're just gpoing to beat up in the dirt. It might pay off for some, but my humble little CB suits me fine.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #54

The engine on the Pitster Pro LXT 400 seems to be based on a Suzuki engine; I wonder how reliable this engine has proven itself? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #55

Pitster, I am ready to talk, are the bikes in stock and ready, and are you willing to set up to in virginia, I dont sell a great # of bikes but i try hard, all i ask is a reasonable quality bike WITH reasonable support.. something most lack, if your looking for a eastern dealer long as your honest i'm your man

Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #56

Phil, would you mind if I asked why you are considering a new line when you have The Zonsshen line? I am just trying to expand my knowledge on the China bikes.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #57

i have very few problems with the zong, which is rare for me, i get along with manny and im sure i cause more trouble than im worth, but they arent perfect either. and i dont expect perfection, but i feel that the pitster has something to offer 400cc is one water cooling is another and i like the ct clone like my lifan, im a big guy and the 200s are small for me i guess its more just trying to offer my coustomers more choice not to mention normal tire sizes :wink: btw i did get the price down to 140$ a set :roll: and i have a set. but you cant expect one brand like zong or even lifan to meet everyones needs as much as lifan thinks they will rule the world they wont. if i had a lot to put into them i would also like to carry a few other brands gas-gas, bmw and i have looked at xispa, but i cant make bills like that im just a little fish. it could also be that i was loading a sierra for a show and moved the wrong way and ended up in the e.r. crying like a girl its really been a rough year for me

Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #58

Thanks for the info Phil, I appreciated your input. As for the Economy, I think we have seen the best we are going to see for a while. The stimulus seems to be helping the stock market, but it has not done anything for the real world. I will survive, and you will too. We are capable and have ambition and as you said we are a rare breed.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I'm not sure but I think and DOT approved muffler would be Forest Service approved also.
Doc, I don't think that is true. The USFS guys around here look for the USFS approval stamped on the muffler. I think if there is at least some kind of visible spark arrestor screen you might be able to squeek by if there is a DOT approval on there. Hard to say for sure and depends on what kind of mood they are in if they stop you.

I would be very curious to see how this bike would run up here at this altitude as my TW Zong is a tad underpowered up here in the mountains. I wonder if we can stick a fat tire under this one???...hahaha

Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbare
...I wonder if we can stick a fat tire under this one???...hahaha
I don't think you will get a Duro 26x8x14 ATV tire inside a Pitster Pro swingarm, Steve!

That rear tire on your YamaZong TW200GY-2 is absolutely awesome! Anyone interested in your YamaZong TW200GY-2 coversion can read about it in the following thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=7869

P.S. Did you end up with a size 122.5 Mikuni main jet in your carburetor at 9,000 feet above sea level? I am running a bit rich with the size 132 Teikei main jet at 4,400 feet above sea level. Therefore, I have ordered Minkuni main jets in sizes 122.5, 125, and 127.5 for my Zong.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220