Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #61

My Mini Beast ate the Swing Arm bushings fast. Needs them again. :(

If you two smart guys figure out a better replacement than the stockers for those I'm all, err, eyes.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #62

I'll have a look at mine when i take it apart and my guess is i'll be making some out of UHMW material. I see that my 50cc came with spare bushings ( wonder why ), but only 1 set, time to re-engineer this part too.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #63

My bojang fix of rubber rad house with the original metal 'tube' stuffed inside it lasted longer than the stocker.

I was 'told' that the stockers are 'basically fine' but they failed because of incorrect setup on the machine.. 8O hmmmm...

Old 11-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #64

My mini atv dual exhaust just arrived.

I did not get a hardware box as shown in TurboT's write up.

No bolts, nuts, washers, clamps, rubber strips, gaskets, nothing.

I received a "Y" pipe, a left side exhaust pipe, and 2 yellow cans.

What a joke.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
My mini atv dual exhaust just arrived.

I did not get a hardware box as shown in TurboT's write up.

No bolts, nuts, washers, clamps, rubber strips, gaskets, nothing.

I received a "Y" pipe, a left side exhaust pipe, and 2 yellow cans.

What a joke.
Good grief. The guy in the shipping department at Gio must see your name and go, "Ha, I get to screw him around again!!"

That's crazy.

If it's any help, I never received bolts to screw the mufflers onto the pipes. Since I'm not setup here for heavy mechanic work, I don't have a bolt bin. I used the bolts that hold the metal frames together from the ATV shipping boxes. Since I've had four quads here for assembly, I have tons of them, and they were a perfect size.

I know that doesn't help you with the gaskets and hangers, and that would piss me off too.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #66

John Dem came through in less than 2 hours.

He confirmed what I suspected.

The "old" 50cc mini atv had dual exhaust and was shipped as such. So, if you ordered the performance dual exhaust you could simply re-use the hangers and stuff that was already there right? So naturally they never shipped you a box of hardware with the exhaust system.

Now, the "new" 110cc mini comes with single exhaust (was a surpise to him also last week, I was the first to get one) but the computer system still thinks it has dual, so again, they dont ship a box of hardware because they "think" the bike already has the stuff on it.

John lhas sent this information to shipping and hopefully it wont happen to anyone else.

Now, fair is fair, I am extremely happy he looked into this and fixed it. My box of hardware will ship Monday.

It may seem like a small thing, but honestly? It shows me he is not just fobbing off problems and took the time to rectify it.

PCD

Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

The "old" 50cc mini atv had dual exhaust and was shipped as such. So, if you ordered the performance dual exhaust you could simply re-use the hangers and stuff that was already there right? So naturally they never shipped you a box of hardware with the exhaust system.

Now, the "new" 110cc mini comes with single exhaust (was a surpise to him also last week, I was the first to get one) but the computer system still thinks it has dual, so again, they dont ship a box of hardware because they "think" the bike already has the stuff on it.

John lhas sent this information to shipping and hopefully it wont happen to anyone else.

Now, fair is fair, I am extremely happy he looked into this and fixed it. My box of hardware will ship Monday.

It may seem like a small thing, but honestly? It shows me he is not just fobbing off problems and took the time to rectify it.

PCD
Hmmm...

The hangers no, my dual exhaust systems have slots welded to the mufflers that attach to the frame. So you'd need two hangers anyways.

The gaskets? No.. both my systems have headpipes welded into the mufflers, they don't come off, no gaskets there.

At least he made the effort, but I see it as still incorrect. Plus, when I ordered my dual exhaust, it never asked me for what model, it was just the dual exhaust.

I think his shipper just goofed up and forgot things... but I give him props for sending the stuff out.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

PCD
Hmmm...

The hangers no, my dual exhaust systems have slots welded to the mufflers that attach to the frame. So you'd need two hangers anyways.

The gaskets? No.. both my systems have headpipes welded into the mufflers, they don't come off, no gaskets there.

At least he made the effort, but I see it as still incorrect. Plus, when I ordered my dual exhaust, it never asked me for what model, it was just the dual exhaust.

I think his shipper just goofed up and forgot things... but I give him props for sending the stuff out.
Ahhhh...I see.

Since my "new" 110 never showed up with duals, I didnt know this. My fault I guess, I should have looked at your pics more closely.

Well, as you say, I'll still stand behind my post, but now you have me a little worried about whats going to show up next week :(

Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Ahhhh...I see.

Since my "new" 110 never showed up with duals, I didnt know this. My fault I guess, I should have looked at your pics more closely.

Well, as you say, I'll still stand behind my post, but now you have me a little worried about whats going to show up next week :(
Hahha well don't worry until you get it then sort it out. Just have a few pops and chill and have a laugh and not a tirade if it's wrong again.

I try not to refute too much here, but I just did the exhaust as you know so am quite familiar with what was there...

...with that said, the mini beast and mini atv dual exhaust's are a little different in stock, as the mini beast has more pieces to clamp together and I think the 50cc is a single headpipe that splits.

What I do not is they both had pieces of metal with slots welded onto to the mufflers, since they both have broke off.