Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
That does sound nice! Major improvement over stock! Still jealous of the urban camo...

Regards,
Stew
Tell you a secret..ITS ORANGE UNDERNEATH! So dont get too envious lol.

I threw a 19mm open end (shock nut size) the other day and it chipped off a corner of paint...pure orange under there
You threw it did you? You don't have anger issues do you??

I heard a rumour they were all orange with stickers in the way of paint, but that strikes me as more labour than painting, so I doubt it.
Honestly? No, I dont. It was just one of those days when every move you make, everything you touch, causes a problem. I still have not found the 19mm either.

Its paint, I will vouch for that, but strangly the orange is paint as well. I have a tiny bit of experience in the injection molding area (big ass machine needed to do mini hummer bodys by the way, over 50 ton for sure) and I would have thought it cheaper to mold it orange.

On the other hand..they dig out skyscraper foundations by hand over there because labour is the cheapest thing they have.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
It took a lot of sweat to get it to the stage where it will do that. Will do it in 2nd as well. If someone has a beast that does it stock, I.envy you man cause mine wouldn't

As for my back, lol, wouldn't be the first time T heh heh.

Oh, big thanks to Weldangrind. If not for him I would never have thought of it!!
It looks and sounds pretty darn quick now!

I couldn't try that on mine since the carb would race and not kick back down, no control, but I do believe W&G's will pop a wheelie in first, don't know about second.. and it's still pretty much stock in the motor/carb department.
I think so, especially considering what we are dealing with here. To go any further you would have to get in to engine mods (cam & pop up maybe to boost compression) or maybe fool with intake runner length, not sure what else, but thats enough for me.

I spent countless hours with that carb and low/high speed runs to optimize it as best I could. At least one full tank of fuel.

There is no more "little" hesitation, its gone. Majority of the snap crackle pop is gone because I finally hit the right balance between lean and too rich. Thank the Lord for small favors.....

I can move on now. Battery relocation next I think.
hey r u using stock carb or the Mikuni ??? are u using the performance cdi i just got mine but i still did not put it on????

Old 11-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #33

I am using the performance Mikuni and the "racing" CDI

Old 11-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
douse the racing cdi make a difference

Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
does the racing cdi make a difference
Yes.
The most simple performance mod is the racing CDI and it makes a big difference. Many people have seen improved idle and quicker engine repsonse with higher rpm. I have.

According to GIO it removes the rev limiter and that is why it is called NO REV CDI...the LG istands for large and the SM stands for small.

I suspect it advances the spark curve somewhat and probably does remove the rev limiter.

Its a tossup between the Mikuni Carb and the No Rev CDI for the two most effective performance mods, but the CDI is far far easier to install than the carb, so you may as well do it first.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #36

I stumbled across an adjustable CDI at Parts For Scooters that looks like something.

http://www.partsforscooters.com/Digi...category=74091

A bit more pricey than what we seem to be used to, and requiring an additional 12V, it may be worth a try.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Sounds great Pete!

What was the final carb setup? Where is the air / fuel screw? Did you drill out the main jet?
I hope the A/F screw is still in the carb, why?

I sealed it with JB weld so who knows?

No, seriously I will go mark it tommorow and then spin it in and find out. It is completely, absoloutly, 100% perfect....and the second I install the UNI it will change everything..COOL!

No, no drilling needed yet but I still have that #41 bit (I keed bro).
Hey Pete, did you ever get around to seeing where the A/F screw is set? One of my son's is running a beast and we've installed a mikuni carb on it. I picked up a couple no rev CDI's and monster performance pipes yesterday and will install when they come in, but was curious where your settings are at. Your quad sounds sweet! Thanks for any info!

Go hard for two days, fix for five, then start over again!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #38

Yes, I thought I had posted it but I guess I didnt.

It is turned 2 3/4 turns out. Keep in mind i am getting LOTS of fuel (line & filter changed) and LOTS of air (UNI filter is much larger than stock air filter, re: surface area).

Old 11-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #39

You're pumping lots of air out as well, with that Monster pipe. Did you ever drill out the baffle holes to match the pipe ID, or just call it done?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
You're pumping lots of air out as well, with that Monster pipe. Did you ever drill out the baffle holes to match the pipe ID, or just call it done?
calculated it and found almost identical area. i think i posted it somewhere.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #41

Well got my Monster pipe on my Beast and wow, this thing is awesome, sounds great, but will definitly need some larger jetting in the mikuni carb, i've moved the needle clip back down to the bottom groove to richen it up ( i was running in the middle groove before ), it runs fine til about 5/8 throttle and up and then it starts breaking up a bit, i will need to go up about 2 main jet sizes to start with ( might be the colder weather too ).

Sorry i didn't get my muffler from you PCD, i was already filling an order so i won one for the bid of $2, well worth it, this quad is a power house now. I guess that you still need the original Beast performance exhaust to get the front pipe though, i guess you might be able to cut the stock exhaust and weld the flange from the monster front pipe on it so you wouldn't have to buy both.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #42

I'll weld the Monster flange onto TurboT's stock pipe to mount the Monster exhaust, if he even decides to go in that direction. Right now, he's still using the 125 Pit Bike muffler, and it sounds really good.

waynev, can you carry the front wheels now?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #43

Well W&G, can't really say for sure, but it sure scared the crap out of me the other day as i was in second crusing slowly, came up onto the pavement at the shop and nailed it and it went up high enough that i thought i was going over, plus with it missing a bit at top end ( lean ) i let off, but once jetted up i think it will carry it no problem.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #44

Need to get out still and give these upgrade W&G a good test run. The pit bike muffler sounds great, but I still want to hear the Monster pipe too! W&G needs to get his Monster pipe on his quad for a side by side comparison! ..since I have a sharp looking blue Monster pipe sitting in my shed.

I can tell just from riding around the quad in my parents cul-de-sac it's vastly improved over it's stock form...but I can't get it out of second gear so I'm jonesing for some trail.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #45

Me too. They're calling for flurries in Hope next weekend, so we'll have to wait and see if that comes true.