Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #1

SHOCKS FOR 250 CC GIO ATV

Can anyone tell me if the performance shocks for the 200 beast will fit the 250 cc atv gio model.. I also see they do not sell this one anymore... does anyone know what they are replacing it with???

Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #2

Not sure, but the performance shocks are 13-3/4" eye to eye so if the ones off you quad are close to that then they should work just fine.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #3

I think the plan was for more "Bad Boys" in the Spring, which is what Gio told me at the beginning of fall. Who knows though, he now has the Rock Liner as well as the 300cc Bear so perhaps the 250cc UTE is no longer.

As for the shocks, I think the pictures looked different from memory, and are probably longer.. but I don't know that for sure.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #4

Regarding shocks for the 250cc Utility:

Mine was stiff as a board with the stock shocks, I mean they might have well as been solid chunks of pipe-- No movement even 2 up. So! I stuck 2 stock beast rear shocks on the front, and 2 Beast Front Shocks on the rear.

If nothing else, the stock Beast rear shocks are preload-adjustable, since I carry a plow in winter, it matters. The bushings at the top and bottom of the beast rear shock is a little bit wider, but the frame ears stretch easily enough.

Logically, You should be able to mount the improved beast shocks on a 250, they just go on the wrong ends...

Hope this helps...

--Vince

Old 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #5

200 SHOCKS for 250 cc atv

I had call john at gio.. he said they would not fit... too much to mod them.. he is keeping tight lipped on the new 200 models... I think everyone will be rushing to bid them up when they open the door on them...