Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #1

WJ250GY

This is cool dual sport

It's manufactured by Wonjan and they claim it has a Suzuki GN250 engine.

20hp at 8500rpm
319 lbs
Top speed 68 mph.

The GN250

But they also spec the WJ250GY with an 18in 4.10 rear tire and a 21in 2.75 front tire. That looks like a 15 in rear and 18 inch front in this picture.

They even advertise the Suzuki engine

Its a cool bike, but the picture is misleading, its not sporting the tires and rims it specs.

They can sell the 250 in Europe it has EEC certification.

Then they have offers posted on trade sites like this one; offering the 250GY and that they have 10,000 units to sell?

http://www.tradeboss.com/default.cgi...ooter_WJ250GY/

I think they very cool looking

Old 01-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #2

Interesting. It looks alot like the zong too. Accuracy in Specs are not a Chinese strongpoint.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #3

Wojan also make these two bikes that also claim to sport Suzuki engines.

and this one which I really dig.

But the specs are often messed up these say they are a 150 and then the specs are for a 125cc?

I really like the round headlamps and the round gauge clusters, kind of retro but in a modern version.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Interesting. It looks alot like the zong too. Accuracy in Specs are not a Chinese strongpoint.
I know like I said before it does not inspire confidence in them.

found this pic of one that looks to have a big rear tire and smaller front it look dangerous.

It looks like its ready to do a summersalt, that a bigger tire than on the zong it looks out of ballance.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #5

it may be just the camera angle?

I do like the fat tires I really like the the Yahmaha TW200

Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Wojan also make these two bikes that also claim to sport Suzuki engines.

and this one which I really dig.

But the specs are often messed up these say they are a 150 and then the specs are for a 125cc?

I really like the round headlamps and the round gauge clusters, kind of retro but in a modern version.
I think that these are both Honda clones, not Suzuki.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #7

It's not me guessing, it's Wojan stating on their web site that these particualar bikes have Suzuki engines.

Considering all the inconsistency between what pictures they use; its entirely possible that even though they are saying they are one thing, they could be entirely something else. That I would hope is just bad marketing and advertising.

http://www.wonjanmoto.com/

Wonjan is claiming they build Suzuki engines, they call them
WJ Suzuki's and are a supplier for small engines for Suzuki. But they also sell other brand engines, but they just call them other engines.

I would hope that if you bought a container of bikes they would be what they say they are and not something else....but I do not feel that confident with all the inconsistencies.

The orange bike does look like a honda cloned engine, but the big red bike does have the same engine that Suzuki is using to power a couple of 250 street bike in the US. The GZ250 and the TU250...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #8

Thank you for sharing the link, Oengus! I also like the WJ250GY motorcycle, and I believe you are correct regarding the wheel sizes. The WJ250GY appears to have a 15-inch rear wheel, and an 18-inch front wheel. I wonder which rear, dual sport tire they are using? That rear tire does not appear to be a Kingstone 130/90-15 dual sport tire.

Perhaps I am wrong, but the WJ250GY also appears to employ a Suzuki front hub, and forks. I have read that every Suzuki motorcycle with an engine dispacement of 250cc, and under, is manufactured in China.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #9

If it is a Suzuki, I wonder if Quinqi is the manufacturer. :?:

Old 01-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thank you for sharing the link, Oengus! I also like the WJ250GY motorcycle, and I believe you are correct regarding the wheel sizes. The WJ250GY appears to have a 15-inch rear wheel, and an 18-inch front wheel. I wonder which rear, dual sport tire they are using? That rear tire does not appear to be a Kingstone 130/90-15 dual sport tire.

Perhaps I am wrong, but the WJ250GY also appears to employ a Suzuki front hub, and forks. I have read that every Suzuki motorcycle with an engine dispacement of 250cc, and under, is manufactured in China.

Spud
I really do not know what tire that is, it looks like a snow tire for a car.

Certain manufacturers may not sell direct to the US, like Wonjan may only sell to those that sell in the US. That 250 engine in the Suzuki street bikes may be made in china? The other 250 that Suzuki is employing on its motocross bikes is water cooled and has a very high compression ratio. I'm thinking share some more with them!

Your welcome, I like to share my findings. Don’t you wish you get one of those for under $2K!

Wonjan is very big they are managed by the Grand River Group, if you’re a geek like me Google that and get a glimpse of what they are up to.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
If it is a Suzuki, I wonder if Quinqi is the manufacturer. :?:
Hard to tell what the degrees of seperation are in the global economy.

We know we have Suzuki engines and that Qing Qi manufactures those 200cc and I see evidence that Qing Qi has a 250cc version of our bikes. It could be the same engine, but Wonjan produces 3 million a year, they both are making Suzuki engines.

Ford does not make the engine in the same factory that they assemble the cars...it all comes from different places. The Chinese government is like ford. :roll: ???

Some plants may not even make any engines and still have a brand?

They are going to buy up or take away or invest in the distribution eventually. Then if it is all backed with QC and other know managment technologies it works we may see more and better products.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Ford does not make the engine in the same factory that they assemble the cars...it all comes from different places. The Chinese government is like ford. :roll: ???
toyota and gm dont build their engines in the same plants as they build their cars either. toyota and gm have a parnership company called NUMMI (new united motor manufacturing inc.) pontiac vibe and toyota corolla share the same engine, among others.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidchop
Quote:
toyota and gm dont build their engines in the same plants as they build their cars either. toyota and gm have a parnership company called NUMMI (new united motor manufacturing inc.) pontiac vibe and toyota corolla share the same engine, among others.
That plant also assembles the Tacoma trucks, and the all the small trucks are being made in the US because of a higher import tariff on small trucks. Something to think about….

That plant got the axe I believe, the Vibe and Matrix are in their last runs. Toyota shifted or plans to shift the production to another plant or at least that is what I read….that may have changed but we know that Pontiac is gone it in its last year.

Most imports get a 2% tariff if a favored nation, then for some time the small trucks have been at 14%. They can import all the parts and then assemble them here to avoid that and only pay 2% or even less on the parts.

Hard to take but they should or could force all cycles under say 500cc to a higher tariff and then you would see investment in the US to assemble the low cost parts in the US. Then that would create jobs, which we need.

Then all the containers would be from the part suppliers, just components and then put together here. That would help with the distribution and part supplies, they could be held in free trade zones, which exist in every state already. Then within those they would not have to pay inventory holding or sales tax until the are sold, that being the final sale to the consumer.

Then the Japanese would invest in China up to 500cc engine production and even beyond that, to keep a market share in the US. The cars are coming next and without some trade restriction you will see them and with lower quality and only moderately lower prices.

Having assembly here would ease the safety issues also, the testing and QC would be here, state side.
The major market for the Chinese motorcycle and cars is domestic, their consumption as they grow and evolve they will enter the US markets and displace too much.

Consider the Toyota Tacoma it is the lowest cost truck sold in the US, it is manufactured in parts all over and then assembled in the US. That’s what we need and we need lower labor cost in the US to do that.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #15

i used to work at the plant that makes the corolla and vibe engines, also a few others and some transmissions. they are still going strong. i got side tracked, i wanted to say i really liked the first bike. lol