Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #16

shocks

look around on ebay,stock replacement shocks for a smaller jap,quad would work great,i used to see these for like fifty bucks,i bought used ones for my buggy,amazing how people take off really good shocks and sell them.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #17

i think ebay is probably my best bet for front shocks as i havnt seen and on the gio auctions for about two weeks. does anyone know why that would be?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #18

Quite frankly, I think that they just auction off whatever arrives in the containers from China. Sometimes we get lucky.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #19

I've been out of the loop on these shocks but did they change them? I have a set of the performance ones but the springs are red. From what I'm gathering and reading the black ones are stiffer?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t
I've been out of the loop on these shocks but did they change them? I have a set of the performance ones but the springs are red. From what I'm gathering and reading the black ones are stiffer?
The new ones have black springs, i have both the red and black and while i haven't tested them they feel about the same spring rate although the black springed ones feel softer on my beast then the red springed ones on my T1, it might be the mounting angle though.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #21

Ahh... thanks for the info. I thought I saw a thread on here commenting on how the black ones are stiffer, but I figured it was just a new look.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t
Ahh... thanks for the info. I thought I saw a thread on here commenting on how the black ones are stiffer, but I figured it was just a new look.
I think there was some concern about the red ones not holding air/nitrogen pressure where the 'new' black springed ones were holding pressure allowing them to be stiffer. If the new batch of red springed one from Gio are holding pressure I'd expect they'd be the same.