Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #1

Zong 200cc Dirt Bike, feedback wanted

My GY-5 is running well, the bug has bitten deep! My 14 yo son wants a bike so we can ride together. There is a Zong 200cc dirt bike available across town and I am not sure of the model. Seat hight concerns me a bit as he is 5'6" but growing fast. Any info / comments on this Zong appreciated! It's a 2009 btw.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #2

It looks like a nice bike. I'd be concerned with the height as well as the tires/wheels looks fairly substantial. My YZ is a 21/19 setup and my wife who is 5'9 can just tip toe it. If it leans over on her she can't hold it up. Now your 14 year old is probably stronger than her, but she still has 3" on him.

I'd check the wheel size/seat height and choose what fits him. Nothing against this bike but it might be a tad big for him.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #3

Best thing to do is bring him with you to go take a look at it and see if it fits him, otherwise they are great bikes.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #4

I have two of them. They a good little bikes. Its important to tell the boy not to treat the thing like its indestructable....because they are not. If you think he's able to control himself and have fun, grab it if you can get a great deal on it. If he's the type whose all about wailing and thrashing on stuff, he will destroy the thing in no time at all. And remember, parts are not at the local Honda shop. Its your call.