Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #1

RoketaPartsOnline.com

Our Roketa 200cc Enduro is running pooorly unless we keep the choke on. Sonme investigating turned up the rubber intake manifold has dry rotted and has a bunch of cracks in it. I suspect this might have been the problem, letting in too much air.

I found the correct part at RoketaPartsOnline.com for under $12. Has anyone out there bought from this company? If so, how are they to deal with.

I'm always leary about handing over CC information to an new retailer.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #2

I hear Roketa is having problems right now, I have ordered from this site and always recieved what I ordered http://www.motopartsmax.com/index.ph...roducts_id/753

Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #3

I am not familiar with the vendor you mentioned; however, this vendor is using a different telephone number than the one used by Roketa.com.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

FWIW, I was right. The manifold was leaking, causing the bike to run too lean.

After cleaning the cracked intake manifold with carb cleaner and letting it dry. I coated the entire thing with high temp RTV gasket sealer. Wearing disposable gloves, I 'worked' the sealer into all the cracks, making sure to fill them. I added an extra layer of sealer along the suspect crack that was leaking air and let it sit overnight to cure.

Yesterday, I reassembled the bike and it runs great. After warmup, the bike can sit running at idle with no choke. Performance when riding is improved too.

I know the sealer on the manifold is a temporary fix, but it buys me some more time to look for the replacement part.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #5

I am surprised we did not pass that tip to you on your original post. It is a ggod way to temporarily fix a cracked intake.

Dont forget to think about the other brands. Most of these bikes are built from the same parts. If it looks the same, chances are it is the same.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineer
FWIW, I was right. The manifold was leaking, causing the bike to run too lean.

After cleaning the cracked intake manifold with carb cleaner and letting it dry. I coated the entire thing with high temp RTV gasket sealer. Wearing disposable gloves, I 'worked' the sealer into all the cracks, making sure to fill them. I added an extra layer of sealer along the suspect crack that was leaking air and let it sit overnight to cure.

Yesterday, I reassembled the bike and it runs great. After warmup, the bike can sit running at idle with no choke. Performance when riding is improved too.

I know the sealer on the manifold is a temporary fix, but it buys me some more time to look for the replacement part.
As a restorer of old bikes I've seen the sealer trick done many times and it's actually a permenant fix. Looks awful but works well.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #7

The rtv won't last very long if seeps any fuel at rest. If it does fail grab a tire patch kit and cut strips to fit over the holes. Rubber cement it on the boot and hose clamp it

Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #8

I had ordered a fender from Roketa.com last month. When I heard about the legal problems I canceled the order. There were no answers to my calls & emails. They finally refunded my money after over a month. They may be back into it now but you should check with them by phone first.

I had the same problem with my manifold. I found one at another site but it did not have the exact angle so the air box would not go back on. I just put a UNI filter on it but it would be nice to have an air box.

Good luck with yours & keep us posted with your final result. Inquireing minds want to know.

John