Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #1

I'm looking into these Qlink 200cc dual sport bikes. There are two dealers not far from me (within a 45 minute drive). Both only seem to have 2008 models. What happened to 2009 and 2010? I'm 56 years old and have ridden motorcycles since I was eight.Many have been dual sport bikes. We are moving to the Big Island of Hawaii-possibly as soon as a year off. I'll be taking my street bike (2006 HD XL883 Sportster) but want a smaller dual sport bike. It needs to get great gas mileage.It needs to be reliable.I don't mind adjusting chains, tightening nuts and bolts, replacing my own tires (the old fashioned way-with three tire irons on the garage floor), adjusting valves is no problem (did it on an XT225 no worries), oil and filter changes etc.

I realize these bikes don't have the reputation of a Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki, but I would be taking it pretty easy on any off road riding. No huge jumps. It would need to be able to do 50 mph though without coming apart. The Yamaha XT225 could easily do all of this. I'm also considering a Suzuki DR200,Yamaha XT250, Honda CRF230L, maybe a DRZ400s (though I'm not real happy about water cooling on a dual sport).

Take care, JJN

Old 07-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn
I'm looking into these Qlink 200cc dual sport bikes. There are two dealers not far from me (within a 45 minute drive). Both only seem to have 2008 models. What happened to 2009 and 2010? I'm 56 years old and have ridden motorcycles since I was eight.Many have been dual sport bikes. We are moving to the Big Island of Hawaii-possibly as soon as a year off. I'll be taking my street bike (2006 HD XL883 Sportster) but want a smaller dual sport bike. It needs to get great gas mileage.It needs to be reliable.I don't mind adjusting chains, tightening nuts and bolts, replacing my own tires (the old fashioned way-with three tire irons on the garage floor), adjusting valves is no problem (did it on an XT225 no worries), oil and filter changes etc.

I realize these bikes don't have the reputation of a Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki, but I would be taking it pretty easy on any off road riding. No huge jumps. It would need to be able to do 50 mph though without coming apart. The Yamaha XT225 could easily do all of this. I'm also considering a Suzuki DR200,Yamaha XT250, Honda CRF230L, maybe a DRZ400s (though I'm not real happy about water cooling on a dual sport).

Take care, JJN
Welcome to these forums, JJN; we are very glad you joined us!

I have split your post, and started a new topic for you in the Dual Sport Forum. You have asked several excellent questions, and I want you to get the widest audience, and the most replies.

The QLink XP200 has not changed since 2008, so don't worry about the model year. You should get a substantial discount on the 2008 model, so this should work to your advantage.

The QLink XP200 is reliable, and it gets great gas mileage. This bike is essentially a clone of the Suzuki DR200SE, with different forks, and styling. The QLink will do 50mph easily, without falling apart; it is a very nice motorcycle.

I own a Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle, but I am sure the QLink owners will soon reply, and tell you of their experiences with this bike.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #3

The Q is equal in quality to any Japanese bike of similar style and displacement, with a much better warantee. Indeed, the same Chinese maufacturer who builds the DR200SE's for Suzuki builds them for Q link too. The main differences between the two are that there are some improvements on the Q.

I have had 2 Q's, and currently hahve one now. I've had about 8,000 miles between the two. The only issue I had was a bad speedo cable, which I simply replaced with the Suzuki part.

Welcome to the forums.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #4

Parts are real concern

JJN,

I didn't believe parts can be hard to find at first, but it's definitely a concern.

The Japanese bikes are giving out $1500-$2000 discounts along with great financing, so you might want to look into it.

---

I never like to admit I was wrong, but I was wrong. I really should have listened to my wife and gotten a new Yamaha instead.

It's just something to consider.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #5

Parts for a Q are available at any Suzuki dealer, BikeBandit.com, or the Q link website.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #6

Sounds like QLink is run by far more committed people.

I just dropped a call to Roketa and guess what, they stonewalled me. I told them, "the model wasn't selling well," is a poor explanation that'll drag the entire lane down.

In reality, there's no reason for any business to be kind and nice enough to support something that's mathematically infeasible, lets be smart about the explanation to the frustrated customers who are burned by this business reality. That's how I got to someone who actually would bother to hear my rant.

I love the support of this community, but I will think 2x before buy anything until support networks are established.

Chances are, any service shop will take your wallet for a ride if it's apples and oranges. You might as well spend a little more to get apples and apples instead.