Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #16

Right on, sounds good... I know importing these properly (not RUM) costs the distributorship a lot more then the guys selling the rum bikes, but cost is still one of the main factors I think people look at when looking to a Chinese motorcycle. As long as you guys keep that in mind, and are satisfied with the bike it should do well

Old 05-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #17

I think the Megelli 250R is a beautiful little motorcycle. I am always glad to see a nice bike introduced to the market, and I am certainly in favor of competition! I hope your tests go well. If the price is competitive, I am sure many Canadians will enjoy owning this new motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
JP Motorsports out of San Diego had a load of them in, and almost sold out (according to the guy I spoke with--Smitty) He said that Benneche told him that one of the bikes left in their store were going to be tested for a magazine.

I really like the motard, myself and one of the video posters on youtube from Croatia who has a 125cc version (I will have to dig up his nickname) has several videos of him riding through the city and keeping up or passing traffic. He has had the bike for well over a year, and he and I wrote back and forth in his comments for over a year, and last week, when I commented on a new video from him, I asked him how the bike was holding up, and he said still no problems.
LOL notice that JP is a Qlink dealer....

Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #19

Are they sure that engine is not a DOHC, single-cylinder, four-stroke with four-valves?
Is it a Loncin LC170FMM-2 engine?

I would say that 27hp is enough to make that bike compete against the Ninja 250 in the market but not on a race track, the Ninja is also a twin with twin carburetors.

Will you be offering the same warranty on the bike as Bennche…18 months?

A lot has been said about that bike, but nothing in any real detail. That could be because that engine is not exclusive and if proven then it brings about the next generation of implementations of it. So they say what about it….its source is a secret?

I think it’s a very good design, but it is not my taste in bikes, neither is the Ninja for that matter. I will say this; get on it and ride it before you buy it, or even sell it. The faster you go the more precision matters.

I also have never heard anyone say the bike is manufactured in Taiwan? Will the VIN numbers on those bike begin with R and not L?

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/FAX941.pdf
(look at the fax header on the NHSTA filing, it is bennche)

This is who manufactures those motorycles,Chongqing Huansong Industrial(group)Co.,Ltd

They were and are a design right of Simon Brown. (English design group)

The bike is not made in Tawain, the engine I believe is a DOHC with four valves, not two. It rated at 27hp not 26.....

Is that enough? Man paper never refuses ink!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #20

Megalli 125 is available in Ireland now. The price is about 3800 euro including VAT. 8O

It was made in Chongqing, China, by HSUN 环松.

Check out its birth place:
http://www.hsun-motor.com/

They like to add a 'Designed in England' title to their bikes for marketing purpose.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #21

Is that kind of like the lib tech snowboards that say made near Canada?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #22

http://www.hsun-motor.com/EN/Product...sp?SortPath=56

ENGINE
4 Strokes, Air-Cooled

Cylinder
Single, Ceremic Coated

Bore x Stroke
56.5mm x 49.5mm

Displacement (cc)

Compression Ratio
10:01

Valve Train
SOHC

Max Power(hp/rpm)
11/8500

Max Torque(N.m./rpm)
9/7500

Lubrication System
Forced and Wet Sump

Fuel Grade
Unleaded

Clutch
Wet Type and Multi-Plates

Transmission
5 speed gear Change

Gear Shift Pattern
1-N-2-3-4-5

Ignition System
CDI

Starter System
Electric Start

Main Frame
13A Multi Twin Spar

Trellis Configuration

Rear Swing-Arm
T6 Alluminum Trellis

with Forged Dropout

Out-Riggers
T6 Alluminum Trellis Forged

Twin Plate Bearing Carrier

Yokes
T6 Alluminum Forged

Front Suspension
Conventional

Rear Shock
Fast Ace

Seat Hight (mm)

Wheel Base (mm)

Front Rim
Alluminum 2.75×17

Rear Rim
Alluminum 3.50×17

Front Tire
CST 100/70-17

Rear Tire
CST 130/70-17

Final Drive
Cushioned

Net Weight (kg)

Speedometer
Koso Digital and Mechanical

EEC Homologation
Euro 3

Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #23

Send a message via MSN to dj_laugs
Bennche is indeed the US distributor for this bike. Innitially they were supposed to be distributed by Qlink. After Johny Tai departed he started Bennche and took along with him the distribution rights for Megelli.

We have some of the units here in our QLINK warehouse. I love the design of it I must say. I am about 6 foot and 160 pounds and I struck me as a bike for a rider less than 6 feet. I did not fit comfortably on it.

I also doubt the 27HP to be honest, it didn't feel that powerfull. Maybe a DYNO test someone? Anyways.. nice bike, fairly expensive and there will be 'gremlins' to consider in the beginning.

Overall, I'd choose the HYO GT250R over the Megelli as alternative to the Ninja.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_laugs
Bennche is indeed the US distributor for this bike. Innitially they were supposed to be distributed by Qlink. After Johny Tai departed he started Bennche and took along with him the distribution rights for Megelli.

We have some of the units here in our QLINK warehouse. I love the design of it I must say. I am about 6 foot and 160 pounds and I struck me as a bike for a rider less than 6 feet. I did not fit comfortably on it.

I also doubt the 27HP to be honest, it didn't feel that powerfull. Maybe a DYNO test someone? Anyways.. nice bike, fairly expensive and there will be 'gremlins' to consider in the beginning.

Overall, I'd choose the HYO GT250R over the Megelli as alternative to the Ninja.
That is nice information to know, DJ. Since you formerly worked for Hyosung, I am sure you are familiar with their products. I also like the 250cc Hyosung bikes, particularly the naked, Comet motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #25

IIRC they also make a 650 V Twin naked sportbike similar to the Suzuki SV. Nice machine.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
IIRC they also make a 650 V Twin naked sportbike similar to the Suzuki SV. Nice machine.
Indeed, it is a nice bike. I test rode a 650 V-twin when it was being sold as a rebadged, United Motors motorcycle. United Motors has disappeared; perhaps David can give us some inside information regarding their demise.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
You are right that Suzuki had taken good place in the racing console. I think that yamaha had also good and pretty. I have referred that Yamaha had been good in pick up and also run so far. Suzuki had provided wast engine and also highly speed. I liked both. I wish that It would be announce new edition as well.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #28

All are awe about the Yamaha . Well, Yamaha had been announced still new edition as far and also come with few more edition as soon as. I hope that I will represent the new model which I have seen and also I have used it.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #29

I’m afraid al Qaeda may be using this site to relay coded messages.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #30

I wonder what the posts are for myself. They sign up, post replies on 4 random posts and dissapear. Maybe some sort of artificial intelligence?