Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #16

Re: Gio 110 Hummer Swingarm bushing replacement cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearnapper
I was going to go this route but time was a factor. We were leaving for holidays three days after the 110 Mini Quad quad arrived at the house. Instead I took the spare set of bushings they sent in the box and drilled out the cheap rubber material inside. I left just a sliver of rubber in the centre to keep the bolt sleeve centered in place. I purchased some JB Weld from CDN Tire ($8.00 bucks) and filled in the gaps left from removing the rubber. I removed the old bushings and pounded these new ones in and it has worked great. I did put the zerk fitting in as well. It took me 45 minutes to remove the rubber and fill with JB Weld, then let it sit overnight. Another 1hr to get the stupid old bushings out and new ones in.
That's a very good idea, anything is better than the crap rubber that comes in them, your idea has me wondering of there is some type of commercial grade hose / nylon tubing that would also fit in place of the rubber

Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #17

Re: Gio 110 Hummer Swingarm bushing replacement cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearnapper
I was going to go this route but time was a factor. We were leaving for holidays three days after the 110 Mini Quad quad arrived at the house. Instead I took the spare set of bushings they sent in the box and drilled out the cheap rubber material inside. I left just a sliver of rubber in the centre to keep the bolt sleeve centered in place. I purchased some JB Weld from CDN Tire ($8.00 bucks) and filled in the gaps left from removing the rubber. I removed the old bushings and pounded these new ones in and it has worked great. I did put the zerk fitting in as well. It took me 45 minutes to remove the rubber and fill with JB Weld, then let it sit overnight. Another 1hr to get the stupid old bushings out and new ones in.
That's a very good idea, anything is better than the crap rubber that comes in them, your idea has me wondering of there is some type of commercial grade hose / nylon tubing that would also fit in place of the rubber
Heater hose. I ran one side of my Mini Beast with heater hose for 1.5 years.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #18

some really nice work here.

For a quick and dirty replacement of the rubber bushings, I took a hockey puck (yes, a good ole Canadian hockey puck) and ran a 9/16th drill through it roughly opposite each other.

I then ran a 1 1/4 hole saw around each of the 9/16ths ID holes, and inserted the two sleeves in to the inside hole.

Wrapped with a little electric tape, these bushings have not moved despite the wear and tear of a 9, 7, and 6 year old beating away on their old Daymak Grunt (looks exactly like a mini Hummer 110) for most of a summer now.

--jsfx3

Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #19

Gio Mini Hummer Bushings

Need bushings for a Gio Mini Hummer?
Goto >> http://tinyurl.com/36hy3bo