Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #1

Boring Vids of my 8 Year Old :)

Hey Guys,

Took some crappy cell phone video of my daughter riding her Mini Beast over the weekend. Wondering if you think this thing's a bit small for her now? Sucks being tall sometimes. :?

My mini quads running like tops right now. Got lots of use this weekend. If you listen beyond the wind you can hear that damn spacer tube rattling. So irritating.

I'm wondering if anyone with a T1 Rebel knows if it's the same size as the mini beast, or a bit larger?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #2

Don't know about the T1, but I think I have a solution for the rattling tube. If you can remove the tube and get the axle OD to me, I'll try and find some DOM to fit. Let me know the length of the tube as well. Is the axle tapered?

If that doesn't work, I bet I could cut fine threads in the axle and use jam nuts to secure the rotor. I could also weld a shoulder on the axle to support the wheel hub.

What is the total length of the axle? Maybe we could make the spare Beast axle fit.

BTW, I highly recommend a used Monster for your lovely daughter. Caught a glimpse of Barkley in the vid.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Don't know about the T1, but I think I have a solution for the rattling tube. If you can remove the tube and get the axle OD to me, I'll try and find some DOM to fit. Let me know the length of the tube as well. Is the axle tapered?

If that doesn't work, I bet I could cut fine threads in the axle and use jam nuts to secure the rotor. I could also weld a shoulder on the axle to support the wheel hub.

What is the total length of the axle? Maybe we could make the spare Beast axle fit.

BTW, I highly recommend a used Monster for your lovely daughter. Caught a glimpse of Barkley in the vid.
I planned on doing some investigating and oil changing on the quads today however with the rain, I stayed inside and made bread and soup instead.

I'm not sure I want to give her 150cc's of power yet, which was why I was wondering about the T1. It's still the same motor, and I speak Gio 110cc apparently.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty certain the Beast axle is quite a bit larger. Maybe some of the other options would work. Probably good as a winter project, AFTER you get your Beast upgrades done.

...and yes, Barclay is never far when I'm on foot. Someone showed up there at the end of the video and the other two dogs were going nuts at the fence, so I got distracted and filmed his head before I hit stop.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #4

We don't have to wait until winter to seek out some DOM. I could check on it this week, since I'll be there anyway.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #5

Thanks for posting the nice videos, Turbo. Those Gios look like great little quads!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #6

Quote:
We don't have to wait until winter to seek out some DOM. I could check on it this week, since I'll be there anyway.
My expectation is if we put a new tube there, we will hit the same issue as before..being the tube will push on the brake rotor and the axl won't turn. :x

Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #7

Yes, if it's a poor fit like the stock piece. I'm proposing that the DOM is a close fit over the axle, meaning that it will sit squarely on the rotor and hub. Can't hurt.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #8

turbo if you did go up to the 150 you could always use the throttle screw to limit how much throttle she can use..

Old 09-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes, if it's a poor fit like the stock piece. I'm proposing that the DOM is a close fit over the axle, meaning that it will sit squarely on the rotor and hub. Can't hurt.
Since I don't have a vernier yet, I will take a micrometer measurement and give it to you within .0001. I'll even check out of round and taper. :P

Old 09-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
turbo if you did go up to the 150 you could always use the throttle screw to limit how much throttle she can use..
I don't even have her out 1/2 way on the throttle screw on the 110cc. She is only 8, she's just tall and her knees are resting on the front fenders of the one she has. :x

Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #11

hmm that is a iffy situation, it is a bit frustrating that with quads once you hit 110cc size the next size up is a full sized 200 or 250..

maybe keep a eye out on cl for a broken 200 sizec atv, then swap the 110 motor into it.

or go for cutting the quad in half in front of the motor and extending it, but that might be a little far fetched to do..

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #12

I've seen several 110 quads on CL that are the same physical size as my daughter's Monster quad. Maybe you could find one with a blown motor and swap in the 110 you have. That would allow you the satisfaction of tossing the rest of that small quad in the scrap bin. I'll hold the lid open.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #13

Quote:
I've seen several 110 quads on CL that are the same physical size as my daughter's Monster quad. Maybe you could find one with a blown motor and swap in the 110 you have. That would allow you the satisfaction of tossing the rest of that small quad in the scrap bin. I'll hold the lid open.
Hahaha!! I see you have a love affair with my Mini Beast going on there. :P

Mate my sensitive daughter would cry for days if I did that. I bet she'll do so if I sell it anyways.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #14

just have the newer one there before you sell it..