Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #1

pitster assembly help

there are no instructions ,,,and pitster is not open yet , so finn or daddy or any one please help,, ! usually when installing the front wheel speedo drive hub there is a blade on the hub that fits into a slot molded into the fork leg to stop it from rotating ,there is nothing like that on the pitster fork leg...the blade is molded onto the speedo drive hub ,,,but theres no place to put it to lock the drive from spinning ,,,,am I missing something!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #2

Off the top of my head I do not remember, but when I get home tonight I'll look and snap a photo for you

Daddy 8)

Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #3

I don't have a Pitster but I've had lots of front wheels and speedo assembly's apart. My KLR doesn't have a slot for the speedo drive assembly to anchor on, it just has a boss that sticks out and the speedo drive has a small protrusion that hits the boss and keeps the drive hub from turning with the wheel. Perhaps the Pitster is similar? If I try to put mine together with the protrusion on the other side of the boss the cable runs at a funny angle. Usually if you try all the possible combinations of assembly the proper one becomes evident .

Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #4

speedo

what you are talking about is what i mean there is no boss molded into the fork leg to accept the protrusion sticking out of the speedo hub ,,,allowing it to move backwards if the bike is pushed backwards,, it has already snapped my cable,.....PITSTER is working on a solution for me and siad if i get them pics of my speedo cable they would replaceit ,,,,,,guess what batteries incam are dead !

Old 10-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #5

That does sound pretty weird, usually there's something to keep it from rotating with the wheel. The first time I had my KLR wheel off I accidently rotated the drive hub past the boss on the lower fork but the cable was running at a weird angle so I knew I had it wrong. I pulled the axle and put the drive hub behind the boss and then it looked right. Sucks that the cable broke already on yours... Maybe something is missing? I hope Pitster gets it rectified quickly for you. Speedo's seem to be an ongoing issue on the chinabikes, on my Konker the hub packed it in at about 200 km's. $60 to replace, yuck!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #6

pitster

yes ,there is no boss on the fork leg to keep it from turning, but they are going to make me a bracket! and send a new cable so ,,thumbs up to pitster ,so far they are very helpful in helping their customers.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #7

Other than this inital hiccup, have you had any problems with the DMV? Im over in Pittsburgh, so Im curious as to how thats going.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

im just wondering did you have to add acid to battery or was it already full.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonsgccc
im just wondering did you have to add acid to battery or was it already full.
odds are he had to add the acid, as most batterys cannot be shipped with the acid added unless they are a sealed maintence free type battery..

just get a box of latex gloves, and peice of long clear tubing that will slide over the nipple on the container of acid.. then stick the other end of the clear tubing into each hole on the battery and turn the acid container upside down and slowly squeeze as you watch the acid level rise of the hole its in.. each hole on top of the battery is a chamber. fill it to the upper level mark on the side of the battery. once all the chambers are filled let it sit for an hour or so for the gas bubbles to release. then put it on a charger and check on it every half hour or so for the first charge

Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #10

From what treetrimmer said at the end of the 'secrets out' thread, it came with a sealed agm battery.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #11

Re: pitster assembly help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
there are no instructions ,,,and pitster is not open yet , so finn or daddy or any one please help,, ! usually when installing the front wheel speedo drive hub there is a blade on the hub that fits into a slot molded into the fork leg to stop it from rotating ,there is nothing like that on the pitster fork leg...the blade is molded onto the speedo drive hub ,,,but theres no place to put it to lock the drive from spinning ,,,,am I missing something!
Sorry i havent been in the net for a while.

My bike forks have litle niple like piece on bottom inside of right worktube.That stops speedo drive rotating around.
I dont know if i explain this ok but there should be piece stiking out where drive stops rotating.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #12

pitster

there is no such pc. to stop the speedo hub from turning on mine finn. I did have to put the acid in the battery and then charge it .I just got my paperwork today , so I hope to go to PA dmv monday,hope it goes ok or ,I'll have a dirt bike!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #13

Hey all. I also purchased a Pitster LXT 4 hundo and I'm in the process of setting it up now. To answer your question davidsonsgccc...The battery that came with it needed to be filled, sealed , and charged. I haven't put the front wheel on yet so I don't know if the speedo is the same as Fish's. I'm itching to get it all together quickly, but my parents are in town for a visit so I haven't been able to do much with it. Did anyone ever figure out how to get the seat off? I made sure to tighten all the nuts and bolts on it, including the shifter And I would recommend anyone who buys one to do the same. There were quite a few loose nuts. I really wish it would have came with instructions. But all in all you can tell, straight out the crate, that this is a far better made machine than your regular china 200. I bought a Hensim 250db earlier this year and while it's been a good bike, I just couldn't pass up this deal. I figured I'd buy this one and sell the other on craigslist. Hope I don't have trouble at the Illinois DMV. Best of luck to you fishman with PA.[/b]

Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by think
Hey all. I also purchased a Pitster LXT 4 hundo and I'm in the process of setting it up now. To answer your question davidsonsgccc...The battery that came with it needed to be filled, sealed , and charged. I haven't put the front wheel on yet so I don't know if the speedo is the same as Fish's. I'm itching to get it all together quickly, but my parents are in town for a visit so I haven't been able to do much with it. Did anyone ever figure out how to get the seat off? I made sure to tighten all the nuts and bolts on it, including the shifter And I would recommend anyone who buys one to do the same. There were quite a few loose nuts. I really wish it would have came with instructions. But all in all you can tell, straight out the crate, that this is a far better made machine than your regular china 200. I bought a Hensim 250db earlier this year and while it's been a good bike, I just couldn't pass up this deal. I figured I'd buy this one and sell the other on craigslist. Hope I don't have trouble at the Illinois DMV. Best of luck to you fishman with PA.[/b]
Congratulations on the purchase of your new bike, Think. If you have time, please start a new thread, and post lots of photographs of your new, LXT 400.

You can learn how to remove your seat, and perform other service on your LXT 400 by downloading the free, Honda XR250R Service Manual. You will find the download link for the Honda service manual in the following thread.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...wtopic&t=10831

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-21-2010, 12:49 AM   #15

Thanks spud! I will most definitely do that. I did figure the seat out thanks to finn