Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #1

qlink xf/xp mixture screw

On the these bikes the mixture screw when turned out enriches the mixture and when turned in creates a more lean mixture since the screw Is located on the front of the carb. Correct. ??? Please verify this or correct me on this .
Thanks!!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #2

That is usually the way they work.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #3

Re: qlink xf/xp mixture screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa999
On the these bikes the mixture screw when turned out enriches the mixture and when turned in creates a more lean mixture since the screw Is located on the front of the carb. Correct. ??? Please verify this or correct me on this .
Thanks!!
thats correct, when the mixture screw is on the inlet/manifold side then its a fuel screw, out to allow more fuel in to restict it, when the screw is on the air filter side then its a air screw etc etc, with the carb being a pz26 then this is the case but its not like that with all carbs so beware

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #4

the way i check the mixture is once my quad is warmed up to where it should be.. i give it a quick hard rev from idle, and listen to how it goes from the idle rpm to higher rpms.. if there is hesitation or boging or anything like as soon as it comes off idle. the mixture needs to get played with..

but in the end tuning the carb is well worth the head ache..

Old 10-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #5

Thanks all again,
I am tring to fine tune this bike for the best possible Mpg’s. Means I am messing with jets , needle position , sprockets ex. Right now I am looking at acquiring a exhaust for this bike. I have seen all the usual exhaust stated for this bike on all the other forum and I am not particularly satisfied with the option that are used. I did like some of the exhaust the south American brothers where using but I can’t find them anywhere. So what do you guys think about this one for this bike:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thank you!!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks all again,
I am tring to fine tune this bike for the best possible Mpg’s. Means I am messing with jets , needle position , sprockets ex. Right now I am looking at acquiring a exhaust for this bike. I have seen all the usual exhaust stated for this bike on all the other forum and I am not particularly satisfied with the option that are used. I did like some of the exhaust the south American brothers where using but I can’t find them anywhere. So what do you guys think about this one for this bike:

Thank you!!
Dude, it get's like 75-90 MPG to begin with. I'd use street tire, pump them up, gear it up, and leave the other stuff alone, but that's just me. :?

Old 10-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #7

I have acquired 77 mpg with this bike using stock exhaust , 35 pilot , 125 main jets , stock sprockets , riding most of the time at 40 -50 mph and 4800 -6000 rpms . I only weigh 120 lbs , so I’d think the mpg would be a bit higher as i was riding conservatively? Maybe it Is due to the larger jets I am using with the stock exhaust. Does any one have there mpg reads for this bike being all stock?
Thanks.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #8

My 2009 XP is stock except for a luggage rack and a better tail light. I usually don't check my mileage but once I did after a 100 mile ride that included about 60 miles of trails (light stuff), 20 miles of highway (65 MPH), the rest county roads at 50-55 MPH and I got in the low 70's.

I'm 175 lbs, 6'1", and the riding was in rolling desert hills, no wind on that particular day, temps probably in the low 70's.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #9

The bike had about 2,000 miles on it at the time.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #10

Street tires and a higher gearing should be your first mods, then consider your aerodynamics. Sitting upright you are a big sail. A fairing of some sorts to help the air flow around you would help.

Remove any unnecessary items too. I never carried a passenger so the rear pegs and brackets were removed.

Front fender. High mount types catch alot more air. Supermoto fender would be better.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks all again,

Thank you!!
I think that's too much money at this power level. I'd be more inclined to use an FMF like Spud's; much better value.

I'm with you. I think that removing some exhaust restriction will free up some power, which can result in increased MPG. If you can stay off the throttle.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #12

Yeah this exhaust is a little/more expensive and would require about 4000 miles more to pay itself off compared to the FMF exhaust. Though the fmf core 2 exhaust are essentially made for 2 strokes . Yes I have seen a lot of 4 stroke 200cc china bikes with the core 2 fmf and I guess they are working out fine ( with the exception of one who blew his engine at only 7000 miles) , though they are a little small for a 4 stroke Dual bike making them louder with more vibration at higher rpms. So Yeah I am not too keen on putting a 2 stroke exhaust on a 4 stroke. The only other suitable 4 stroke exhausts I have seen within a comparable price range as the fmf core 2 are essentially made for scooters or pit/mini bikes ranging in the 50 to 150cc category. So Yes I would like to keep the spending cost for a exhaust right around the 100.00 range but I have yet to come across an appropriate item within this rage. The exhaust I mentioned is actually within the lower spectrum in terms of cost for an appropriate system for a 4 stroke dual bike that I have seen thus far. So yeah I have a few option I am weighing out right now all with +&-.
Thank you all who have taken the time to provide me with your knowledge and info , I always weigh and use all your suggestions / info which makes it very helpful and look forward to receiving more info pertaining to these inquires.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #13

milarepa,
Why not put the stock jets back in and see what MPG you get? The guys that increased their jet sizes over on the XT225 forum experienced loss of MPG but they were after power increases.

Not a good example but I got 93 MPG on my first tank on my new 2009 XF200 riding it at break in RPM. I ran a check on the odometer today and it optimistic by 2.5% so the corrected MPG is about 90 MPG.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #14

2.5% is pretty darn close!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #15

FastDoc,
As we say out here in the sticks,"Close enough for government work".