Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
FastDoc,
Could the oil filter be a K&N 131 instead of a Fram 131?
Thanks,
Maybe. Orange and black box. They're not the same?
fastDoc,
Your right because black and orange is Fram.
I'm confused because I can't find a Fram 131 but can find a K&N 131 online.

Checking with the local bike shops this morning as soon as it warms up outside.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing
Quote:
...Does anyone know if a center stand can be fitted...
DiY done in China
humanbeing,
Thanks for the link. Good info for me.That's where I was thinking about mounting a center stand. I wonder if the guy from China made any to sell?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #33

Quote:
...I wonder if the guy from China made any to sell?
Chinese are frugal, these can done cheap locally so they just copyleft the desgin
BTW Suzuki oil filter # is 16510-05240. Any brand compitable w/ this will fit.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
The engine looks almost the same as my XT225.
Is this bike the Q version of Spud's Zong? What size is the rear tire?
No, the QLink XF200 has two, 17-inch wheels. The stock Zong comes equipped with an 18-inch, front wheel, and a 15-inch, rear wheel. Also, the QLink engine is a copy of the Suzuki, DR200SE engine, while the Zong engine is a copy of the Yamaha, TW200 engine.

Spud
Thanks for your response.

That's what I thought, but I was intrigued by Barnone's XT225 observation. I thought that maybe a new China Bike flavour had emerged.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FastDoc,
Could the oil filter be a K&N 131 instead of a Fram 131?
Thanks,
Maybe. Orange and black box. They're not the same?
fastDoc,
Your right because black and orange is Fram.
I'm confused because I can't find a Fram 131 but can find a K&N 131 online.

Checking with the local bike shops this morning as soon as it warms up outside.
That's it. Tiny but effective bugger.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #36

It's actually a Hi-Flo 131 that is needed. But both the HF 131 and the
KN 131 are the same. They even have the same color.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #37

FastDoc and David,
Thanks for the replies. I stopped by the local shop earlier today and he happened to be out of the HF131 but he ordered some so I should be good to go.

I used one the bolts from the crate to make a "tool" to fit the front axle on the allen wrench side to add to the tools. Just a couple of 12mm nuts locked together.

From my ride today. 150km and took one gallon so that's WOW 93 MPG! Might have to check that again. I am trying to keep it under 4K RPM for the break in.

Old Stewart Cabin I passed on my long ride up a gravel road.

One lane bridge on my ride. Fall colors are peaking.

Back home at our log cabin in Skeekah Cove just outside of Robbinsville,NC.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #38

I tried the same tool trick, it did not work for me, the axle was pretty tight. I bought some like large socket Allens and that's been no problem since then.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #39

Great ride. Beautiful country. You are especially blessed. You mileage does not surprise me at all. Expect it to improve after the motor is broken in.

Q Link's break in procedure, IMHO, is absurdly conservative. I used Suzuki's procedeure. Identical engine, same assembly line, much easier and more realistic break in procedeure. See if you can download a Suzuki manual for the DR200SE, or even call and ask a Suzuki dealer.

Q Link, again, as Suzuki, uses normal oil in their bikes. Change it per the manual. No rush.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #40

I think another member found the SM-Q speedo/odo to be very optimistic. You mileage may not be that good. Still anything above 65mpg for these little bikes is pretty good.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I think another member found the SM-Q speedo/odo to be very optimistic. You mileage may not be that good. Still anything above 65mpg for these little bikes is pretty good.
katoranger,
I keep forgetting to take my GPS to check the speedometer and odometer.

My SYM HD200 scooter reads high by ten percent in speed and distance.
My XT225 is right on since I put a larger diameter tire on the front.
I figure that the XF200 should do about the same MPG as my XT225 which is about 70MPG.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Great ride. Beautiful country. You are especially blessed. You mileage does not surprise me at all. Expect it to improve after the motor is broken in.

Q Link's break in procedure, IMHO, is absurdly conservative. I used Suzuki's procedeure. Identical engine, same assembly line, much easier and more realistic break in procedeure. See if you can download a Suzuki manual for the DR200SE, or even call and ask a Suzuki dealer.

Q Link, again, as Suzuki, uses normal oil in their bikes. Change it per the manual. No rush.
Yeah, the owner's manual says to change the oil every 1000km (600 miles)after break in. Never heard of such a thing. Maybe something was lost in the translation?

I'l check the Suzuki manual like you suggest.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #43

I also used that tool trick.
Your reality looks splendid my friend !!!
Love and Peace!!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #44

Thanks for posting the nice photos, Barnone. I am glad you are enjoying your XF200; it's a great little motorcycle.

P.S. I don't know the resolution of your camera, but please feel free to post larger photos; we would love to see more of your beautiful part of the world.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #45

There are some discrepancies in the manuals….I have the service manual and it messes with me when I find the discrepancies. Because I always follow the manufacturers recommendation.
One is that the bike, at least mine does, has the recommended oil as 15W40 and that is on the EPA decal on the engine. Then the owners manual actually conflicts within it….I am not getting into it but basically what I’ve been doing or using is Yamaha lube 20W50 universal all purpose oil for all 4-stroke engines. I have a heated garage and the only reason not to use that oil would be if you plan to start the bike when it is frozen and since my garage is heated and I do not ride ever in under 50 degrees, I will not have any issues. That oil improved the shifting greatly.

I change the oil every 600km….it will never hurt and it does not cost that much.

As far as break-in I used the kick starter in acc mode and gave it two kick before turning the ignition switch to on….then using the electric start. I would say she is new and I do not want to startle her. Then let her fully warm and more importantly get pressure up, before ridding her. Up to 5000km and then shifting and that to make sure her rings seat right, not going over because the rest of the engine is not ready for the load. I would not be too conservative because cylinder wall glazing is also a concern. But I also stayed under 4k for 1st and 2nd and maybe 3rd, but not the higher gears they can and should be taken periodically to 5k. That’s my opinion on it, these people that take the bike to load on the first ride are asking for trouble and some actual do that. What is really important is that the bike gets to a certain load within the first 20 minutes of ridding. I actually rode at a crazy level of varying load in 10-15 minute intervals for the first 500km. Heat it up and cool it down…it is all expanding and contracting.

I do not like taking the bike to higher rpm even now that it is worn in, its actually painfully uncomfortable but it does need it to some extent. I kind of know instinctively when to do that, like when it is cooler outside and the bike is fully warmed up, that being I have been ridding it for a while at lower speeds. Then I open it up to clear it out.

Follow the manufacturers recommendation and contact Qlink to make sure you have your warranty registered, some of the bike have had engine failures….so it is best to make sure you are in the good 100%. I had the valve lashes checked at 2500km and also had diagnostics done, it checked out fine.

That’s a good bike basically you can just ride it….I had some issues with the shifting and indicator and getting in and out of gear and that passed after 500km pretty typical for new bike. That tells you something about why not to push a new engine, it is actually wearing together. It would get stuck in a gear at a light so I would partly let out the clutch and gently push on the shift lever.

Other manufactures use that engine BETA offered a 200cc bike called an Alp for a while….same engine and the price was way more then what we paid for ours!

welcome to the club!