Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #106

UTV forum it is.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #107

Thank you for the info Barnone. I figured there would be some things to consider to get it through customs. That is one sweet Jeep by the way

Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #108

In Miami you are almost forced into hiring a "runner" to get the paper work through customs. Same kinda racket as when you cross the borders in Central America. You can fight it but eventually you will give in. I was driving across the state of FL so after two trips, I gave in.
If I ever do it again, I'll try Tampa.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #109

Attn: FASTDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
Doc, as far as the speedocable,I called 3 weeks ago when the cable broke within 15 minutes of getting bike assembled,,,,pitster guy said they would take care of it and ship it out,,,,,so finally monday I called after they didn't answer several emails,and they don't have the cable in stock.I hope its not a case of pitster washing their hands of this bike,hence the super low price and then they are out of it once they rid themselves of all the bikes.I'm going to try and order some parts ,,will let you all know how I make out.
Bummer. I caught that in another thread after I posted here.

This is why I didn't bite on the same offer. I was SO tempted!

Maybe you can take the cable to the motorcycle dealer and have them match it up. It's gotta be from another bike somewhere. You may also have luck scanning the microfiche on BB or similar websites and looking at the parts drawings.

You will still have to engineer a devise to keep it from happening again.

As you may recall, Q ate 3 speedo cables (inner cable snapped), under warantee, before I bought a Suzuki cable which has been fine.
What suzuki speedo cable did you get? for what year and model do you recall? I'm considering buying one now before it even happens....Andrew

Old 02-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #110

I think it was a 2008 (same year as my Q) DR200SE cable. I got it from Bike Bandit.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #111

Based on Yor PM i went ahead and got one. ......That way when the OE goes then I can swap it out right away. Thanks

Andrew

Old 09-07-2023, 04:38 AM   #112

re:re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by think View Post
Glad to hear the seat softens up It is starting to upset the family jewels. LoL. And you are right Spud! The Hensim is green with jealousy Pun intended.
Ok, so I have to give props to the people at Pitster. I emailed them and told them that the DMV here needed a Certificate of Origin that had been signed on the front and back by them designating me the new owner, and the very next day A security paper form of the COO showed up in my mailbox, signed and everything. I'm going to get tags tomorrow. They already told me at the DMV that everything else looks good. I just took a pic of the VIN and the "conforms to all safety standards" plaque and they said that that will be good enough to register it

I would like to add that to my list of PROS....Great customer service!

What experience did Pitster have with their motorcycle registration, and how did Pitster's customer service stand out in this situation?

Although this is a very old post, thanks to the moderator for allowing me to comment