Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #1

Hello from CT

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a TaoTao ata250d. I'm new to ATV riding and wanted to pick something up that was affordable and that I could use around the yard. So far it has been great.

I've been lurking on the forum a bit and decided to say hello. With the help of posts here I did some modifications already. Here is what I've done so far:

14 Tooth front sproket with new 428 chain.
NGK spark plug
High performance ignition coil
High Flow intake
PZ30 Carb (came with the pz27)
Custom exhaust (Basically same size Pepboys car exhaust with the stock end cap welded on)

I have to say that with all that done it really made a difference. I really like the 14 tooth sprocket. Don't really need high speed in the yard or trail.

At any rate, I'm have a great time with my chinese quad and am happy I bought it. I"ll post up some pictures later.

Brian

Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #2

Welcome!

Did you re-jet the PZ30?

Looking forward to the pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum

Old 02-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Welcome!

Did you re-jet the PZ30?

Thanks guys

Not yet, I have the needle on the bottom slot and the mixture screw 2 and 1/2 open. The plug is a bit dark so I can probably lean that up a bit. I haven't really been able to do any WOT stuff (way to much snow everywhere) so I'll have to see how the main jet does once I can.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #5

Here are some pictures. I also took off the front rack as I don't really need it and I think it looks better. You can also see the exhaust that I made from parts of the stock exhaust. Only that one has a 2 inch straight through center instead of those half inch pipes with baffles in the stock.

http://bmcstuff.shutterfly.com/pictures

Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum!

I spent 4 years in New Haven and Norwalk. I really liked Connecticut. Nice place!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc
Quote:
Welcome!

Did you re-jet the PZ30?

Thanks guys

Not yet, I have the needle on the bottom slot and the mixture screw 2 and 1/2 open. The plug is a bit dark so I can probably lean that up a bit. I haven't really been able to do any WOT stuff (way to much snow everywhere) so I'll have to see how the main jet does once I can.
According to Waynev, if you have to turn the mixture screw out more than two turns, the pilot jet size should be increased.

Nice looking machine! 8) It looks like you have the same rear axle as the Gio Beast; take a look at this post on rear axle service: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=10680

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Welcome to the forum!

I spent 4 years in New Haven and Norwalk. I really liked Connecticut. Nice place!
Thanks! I like it, although we are getting pretty beat up this winter. My gutters froze and it has been basically raining in my house for the past month...

Old 02-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
According to Waynev, if you have to turn the mixture screw out more than two turns, the pilot jet size should be increased.

Nice looking machine! 8) It looks like you have the same rear axle as the Gio Beast; take a look at this post on rear axle service: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=10680
I've read that as well. I've been looking at jetting and what I need to do there. The only thing I think I have to figure out is what kind of jets I have.

I'll have to keep the axle write up in mind. That looks to be exactly what I have. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc
Quote:
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! I like it, although we are getting pretty beat up this winter. My gutters froze and it has been basically raining in my house for the past month...
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. It was raining in our kitchen a little over a year ago, and that's what prompted our renovation. In case you're considering a new roof, I can highly recommend the appication of peel-and-stick membrane for the first two courses, and then synthetic waterproof paper up to the ridge cap (assuming you don't have a flat roof). Peel-and-stick will help prevent the damage that results from frozen gutters.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc
Quote:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm terribly sorry to hear that. It was raining in our kitchen a little over a year ago, and that's what prompted our renovation. In case you're considering a new roof, I can highly recommend the appication of peel-and-stick membrane for the first two courses, and then synthetic waterproof paper up to the ridge cap (assuming you don't have a flat roof). Peel-and-stick will help prevent the damage that results from frozen gutters.
It never ceases to amaze me the diversity of knowledge on our forum!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc
Quote:
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your leaking roof. :(

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894