Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Were the wheels delivered to you, or did you need to pick them up at the port? Did you need to pay import fees, taxes, et cetera? How difficult was the process of actually getting the wheels in your posession?

Spud
All good questions Spud . They came right to my door U.S.Postal service . As far as the other Fees ,i don't know anything about it and no mention was ever made of it . :o
That's wonderful! A while back I actually found a Chinese vendor for the elusive, 15-inch, dual sport tires desired by Zong riders. However, I didn't want to order a bunch of them, and become a dealer for them. I also figured the Chinese supplier would not want to sell the tires to individual customers. However, if Zong riders want these tires, they can probably follow you example, Racer.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #17

Feel free to browse the album . something about this bike i am not quite sure what it is ,mite be the big swoop in the seat . something just strikes me wrong about it . Have a look and see what you think.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #18

Does tires look sweet on your Bike Good Job!!!!
What Rear Suspension Do you have on there racer is that the R6 Shock Mod you did???

Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchestaro
Does tires look sweet on your Bike Good Job!!!!
What Rear Suspension Do you have on there racer is that the R6 Shock Mod you did???
I did do the R6 Shock . I find it a better ride for me , original shock seemed harsh and stiff for my 170Lbs . link to that is here http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...347&highlight=

Old 11-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #20

The wheels look great! I had been thinking of putting supermoto wheels on an Apollo bike. I had seen one a few months ago on Ebay seemingly street legal being sold used as an RX250. The bid was around $2500, and I think the bidders most likely thought it was an Aprilia who also had an RX250 model.

Anyway, after searching, there are a few Apollo dealers selling the RX 250 model "36" bike in dirt only form, and some show up on craigslist. There is one dealer selling a streeted RX 250 but numbered "38" which looks pretty weird and ugly. The Apollo website in China shows the RX 250 "36" model streeted with motard wheels, and youtube has a few videos from Europe. My guess is the one on ebay was a one container special from an importer that a guy had bought and wanted to sell.

I have been considering contacting the Apollo company to obtain wheels from them, and have seen a few RX 250 "36" dirt bikes on CL. I just don't know if it would be worth the effort to street a few year old dirt bike (not difficult in Arizona), but also put motard wheels on it? Your project, recracer, is pulling me towards this route, but we will see...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #21

I have always liked the look of the apollo bikes ,but i had no idea that they had imported DOT models . Im not sure how they rank ,they look like they would be a cut above the standard Lifanoid bikes . Xmotos and apollo were once ,one in the same . They spilt over disagreements about directions of the company (Quality Vs Profit ) At least thats what i was told by the x brand ( of course they say they were bucking to keep quality ) In fact i did talk to Xmotos about wheels . They have models we do not see at all and compete in supermoto events in china . I decided to stick with the parts interchange ability of the ones i ordered .

Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #22

Alibaba can be a little tiresome but you can really get a lot done through the site. That's how I got the shocks on my GS750...they looked interesting but I didn't want to drop $300 on a set of shocks that were made of rubber bands and coat hangers...safety was a big thing on my mind. When I voiced my concern and told him I was looking on behalf of a number of people who would be interested, one vendor just sent me a set.

Sadly they turned out really poorly...by the time you bought them and then spent another $200~300 to make them usable you could have bought some used Ohlins pieces.

Hope the wheels turn out better.

Ask them is they have a set in 17X3.5 with a dual rotor hub on a 15mm axle and a 17X5.5 on a 20mm axle.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #23

I have been doing extensive research for the apollo bikes. What I really want is the Shineray X2 but alas it seems none are here yet, so it seems the apollo is the closest there is. The apollo does make use of both the zongshen and the lonsin water cooled 250 engine which is what I am looking for. So far I have found 3 places that are selling them here, one is the wildfire bike which after 2 weeks of research I discovered is made by apollo but is probably not as good as the rx250 model.

I know now is the time all the zong folks tell me to find a zong or a qlink, well I just hate the look of that bike(sorry guys each to their own), for you gun guys it is like owning a glock, it may be the best thing since sliced bread but I don't want a gun I think is that ugly and the same with the bike.

So these are the places I have found that have the apollo street legal bike, note the first one is out, he had some last week and says he will have more by the middle of Nov. I have found some more under the name "supermach"

https://www.motorcycles-scooters.com/250cc-Dual-Sport/
http://www.empiresupersports.com/des-2wf250wspro.htm
http://www.thriftyscooters.com/index...=index&cPath=5

Old 11-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #24

Driller, the Shineray is being sold by Qlink as the MT250. It's on their website but no one has seen one yet.
http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=111

Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #25

Qlink seems to have the X2 on semi-permanent hold; Driller, the first link you posted shows the RX250 in both the '36' and '38' styles. What you get is the (IMO, ugly) '38'.

The Wildfire looks kind of interesting if they could keep with the look of the bike and have it in black--not sure what Apollo model they are offering, either, as it does not seem to be the '36' or '38' that are supposedly EPA legal.

The Thriftyscooters ad does the same nonsense as the first link--use crappy stock photos of the bike, only they show the same model with full street lighting for both the off-road and dual sport. I bet that the bike that would arrive would end up being the butt-ugly '38' model, LOL!

And the thing that bothers me is that none of the bikes have supermoto wheels like they show on the Apollo website. There has to be more people than me and recracer who prefer the supermoto style/ride??!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #26

I am pretty sure that wildfire bike is/was made by the closed United motors . A dealer near me had the united motors bike and i went to another dealer that had the wildfire , as far as i could tell its the very same bike .

Old 11-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #27

I was sorry to see United Motors go out of business in the United States. :( I liked the rebadged, Hyosung bikes they were selling.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
I am pretty sure that wildfire bike is/was made by the closed United motors . A dealer near me had the united motors bike and i went to another dealer that had the wildfire , as far as i could tell its the very same bike .
The UM bike was made by Skyteam. They were top of the heap for Chinese bikes when they were introduced several years ago, alongside the rebadged Hyosungs that UM were selling. In fact, very few people realized the UMs motard/dirt bikes were Chinese bikes. We had a dealer in Yuma who tried to claim the enduros were made in Korea, until I kindly showed him the manufacturing plate :roll:

The Wildfire bike might just well be Skyteam manufactured. I had contacted Skyteam when they were selling them through UM, and was told that UM had exclusive distribution in the US. Perhaps, when UM left the US, Wildfire brought in a few containers? If the WF bikes are Skyteam, they would be the one to consider over the Apollo, IMO.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 11-19-2011, 03:15 AM   #29

Ready for the first ride . As i had hoped .Centering the hub in the swingarm ,put the spocket inline with the engine sprocket . Thanks to Katoranger , i had enough parts to work with . Cut a spacer for the sprocket side . The brake side was going to be the bigger challenge , the rotor is about a 1/4 inch further outboard than the original wheel . i had 2 choices . Machine the rotor face and move it inboard some or modify the caliper brackets . With Kato spare brackets ,it wouldn't hurt anything to try bracket mods first . hope from the photos you can see how this worked out . You will see an added bracket , it is there to tie the caliper back to the beefier part of the bracket ,because i had to thin out the upper portion .

Old 11-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #30

Nice engineering. Looks very professional. 8)