Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #1

viva changes Supermoto Wheels

The rear wheel is going to take some fitting .I'm hoping to make an easy install ,so i can swap back to the 18 and 21 inch wheels easily . Front wheel was a direct swap 2.50 x 17 with 110/70-17 and rear wheel 3.50 x 17 with 130/70-17 these wheels came on a slow boat from china http://zewan.en.alibaba.com/product/...sotherproduct1 They do not normally sell parts

Old 11-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #2

Nice find on the 17-inch wheels, Racer! How in the world did you ever find a 17-inch wheel fitted to the Zong/Viva front hub?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #3

I was just about to go out and get you a stack of parts.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #4

It looks good. The black is a nice detail.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Nice find on the 17-inch wheels, Racer! How in the world did you ever find a 17-inch wheel fitted to the Zong/Viva front hub?

Spud
I just searched alibaba . I looked at photos and trusted the Chinese would continue to use the same parts ,in as many ways as they could . In fact i find it a benefit to us china bike owners . The rear wheel incorporates the same sprockets ,but the rotor side is different and axle size is 16mm instead of 14mm . So i guess i can trust 75% to remain the same . Since the the bike these parts come from ,uses a lifanold engine. I thought the sprocket spacing could not be far off . Soon to find out . I could not find a suitable bearing reduction sleeve ,so i have some different bearings coming [

Old 11-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #6

Since this company doesn't ordinarily sell parts, how did you convince them to ship you the wheels? Also, did you have problems communicating with them? :?:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Since this company doesn't ordinarily sell parts, how did you convince them to ship you the wheels? Also, did you have problems communicating with them? :?:

Spud
I'll answer the second question first . Most of the on-line sales people are young in there 20's , a great deal of those are female and right out of college . They all seem to be pretty good with there typed English . To speak to them by phone is more difficult to communicate . Started talking to rim factories . Apparently they only make rims to meet an order ,so no stocked product on hand . If you want to order 200 pieces no problem . Then i looked at all the assembled wheel suppliers and found no match there . Then i just went to the bike manufactures . I got allot of no we don't sell this way . Then a started asking if you sell the bikes and not the parts how do they get repaired , answers i got was that they give spare parts with orders . No one could tell me who i could talk to about buying parts . I only found a couple sales girls that were even willing to talk to there manager about selling parts to me as a sample for fitments ,because we have so many of my type bikes here in the USA ,with no supermoto wheels available . From the 2, only one uses the lifaniod engine type . Even though most will not sell this way and find it a liabilty to deal with and end user ,they are also in an economic down turn ,other wise it may have never happened . Many of the people mostly female, i talked to along the way i still talk to . They seem a very friendly people and every single one said within a few conversations welcome to china

Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #8

That's a fascinating, wonderful reply, Racer. I'm glad I asked the question.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #9

I can appreciate the effort you put in to get the wheels. After all, was it worth the cost?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I can appreciate the effort you put in to get the wheels. After all, was it worth the cost?
I think so . the cost was right about 400usd in china speak . That includes 50usd the bank charges for bank transfers abroad and 148usd shipping . I ordered unnecessary things i could do without ,such as the front rotor and bolts ,rear sprocket and bolts . The rear rotor i had to have ,it is different than lifaniods . I think the actual cost for the wheels is a good price . And of course ,if you were to order bulk . The 50usd bank fee would be the same and the shipping up to a point would remain the same . I think (not confirmed ) that you pay for 10 meters of container space as a minimum. It will be really worth the cost if i can make the rear wheel fit easily. And i can't really say enough about the Chinese friends, i made along the way . Even though only one of them got the sale ,most are extremely happy to talk whenever they see me on-line.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #11

Did you conduct your correspondence via email, or typing during live "chats" over the internet? I have sent emails to vendors on alibaba, but I don't know how, or where I could encounter them to engage in a "real time," interactive conversation.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Did you conduct your correspondence via email, or typing during live "chats" over the internet? I have sent emails to vendors on alibaba, but I don't know how, or where I could encounter them to engage in a "real time," interactive conversation.

Spud
Real time live chat's . At this link you can install alibaba's Trade manager http://trademanager.alibaba.com/?tra...81_homepage_TM Once you have contacted them ,many also can chat with MSN instant messenger . First mock up looks pretty promising . [/list]

Old 11-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
Quote:

Spud
Real time live chat's . At this link you can install alibaba's Trade manager http://trademanager.alibaba.com/?tra...81_homepage_TM Once you have contacted them ,many also can chat with MSN instant messenger...
Thanks for posting the link, Racer!

Your new wheels look great! The mock up installation of the rear wheel seems to be progressing well.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #14

Were the wheels delivered to you, or did you need to pick them up at the port? Did you need to pay import fees, taxes, et cetera? How difficult was the process of actually getting the wheels in your posession?

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Were the wheels delivered to you, or did you need to pick them up at the port? Did you need to pay import fees, taxes, et cetera? How difficult was the process of actually getting the wheels in your posession?

Spud
All good questions Spud . They came right to my door U.S.Postal service . As far as the other Fees ,i don't know anything about it and no mention was ever made of it . :o