Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2023, 03:01 AM   #1456

That is incredible.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-31-2023, 12:57 PM   #1457

I’m getting a Templar x 250 6spd this week. I’m new to these. What sprockets fit these? I’ve googled but I’m not finding anything on fitment or interchangeability….

Old 07-31-2023, 02:47 PM   #1458

14T Front: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

42T Rear: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 07-31-2023, 09:21 PM   #1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCornholio View Post
I’m getting a Templar x 250 6spd this week. I’m new to these. What sprockets fit these? I’ve googled but I’m not finding anything on fitment or interchangeability….
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=32177

Old 08-01-2023, 04:32 AM   #1460

if I had been patient I could have had one. but I have to make due with the best moddable bad azz Chinabike on the market. Price and value exceeds all expectations and moddability makes it the #1 choice for the optimistic and handy. Good god, this w**d is good! I have a new rattle and I can't wait to find it and tighten the bolt. All of my fears are gone now that I've dropped it. Now I know that the God of the Hawk is watching over me and his head is shaped like that of a really tweaked out gray alien who has a problem overeating chinese takeout.

Old 08-02-2023, 10:09 AM   #1461

Being kind of lazy I jetted my Templar new with Fast Freddy's suggestions and ran with it. But on my commute to work cruising at 55 mph I was getting a "fishbite" miss. I pulled the 1 mm spacer from my needle and put it back stock. Got to test this this morning and now it's smooth at 55 mph. 900 feet elevation here. Truly, everyone's bike is just a tad different. If I had bothered to dial in my jetting myself to start with I would have caught this. The suggested main and pilot jet settings seem dead on for me though.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:29 PM   #1462

Damn this thread, after reading 99 pages I ordered the X, they are back in stock on amazon. I have a ktm 350, and a klx140 with 170cc kit, looks like the templar x should fit right in the middle. I have also owned the gpx fse300r, gpx fse250, and orion 110 and 190. Templar is way cheaper and amazon is great for support and issues so fingers crossed. Also got the asurion 2yr warranty for $120, so if the motor gernades hopefully they cover it.

Old 08-08-2023, 11:13 PM   #1463

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRider View Post
Damn this thread, after reading 99 pages I ordered the X, they are back in stock on amazon. I have a ktm 350, and a klx140 with 170cc kit, looks like the templar x should fit right in the middle. I have also owned the gpx fse300r, gpx fse250, and orion 110 and 190. Templar is way cheaper and amazon is great for support and issues so fingers crossed. Also got the asurion 2yr warranty for $120, so if the motor gernades hopefully they cover it.
I think the Templar X is pretty much the same bike as the gpx fse250. The gpx seems to have a few upgrades but seems quite similar. I will be curious of your feelings when you receive your bike.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 08-20-2023, 09:55 AM   #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceRider View Post
Have you received the bike and if so what are your thoughts on it?
GasGas TXT 125

Old 08-20-2023, 01:44 PM   #1465

I did, I will try to keep this short and fair so here goes...

The good:
The bike is cheap, and does have adj fork and shock comp/rebound that is usable for enduro/trail riding.

The motor starts and runs great on stock carb w/125 main and 42 pilot, fuel screw 2 turns out. Stock jetting was lean resulting in bogging and stalling for first 5 mins of running.

The motor is very smooth on the road, crusies nicely with little vibes at 45mph. The power curve is similar to a crf230f, lots of bottom grunt and signs off early, pointless to rev it out just short shift and have fun.

Tires and wheels were nicer then expected, no loose spokes on mine, wheels/discs are straight, nothing rubbing.

The clutch pull is harder then a hydro clutch but does have decent feedback, and I did abuse mine for a couple minutes in a ditch and doing pivot turns to see if it would fade, but it held in there.

Valve adj is stupid easy, valves were tight from factory, but it did run out of the box.

The Bad:
The motor is heavy, making the front of the bike feel very heavy, so it turns great. But... lots of body english and fork preload to get is over stuff at speed

The plastics didnt line up to the mounting holes and had to be egged out/trimmed to fit. This would not have bothered me if I knew it would need to be done, only added another hour to build time.

The fuel valve and hoses is way over complicated, with a fuel line laying on the cylinder head. so I trashed it and capped the clutch side fuel line at the tank, and ran a single fuel line with on/off straight to the carb.

The battery and battery box needs to be pulled in order to change the air filter (maybe there is another way).
Only takes another 10 mins but worth noting, I change air filters often after dusty rides.

Dont expect brembo braking power or feel, they are disk, but front is pretty mushy, rear is better, I bled both out and cleaned discs with carb cleaner. Front is getting better the more I use it.

Riding back to back with a $12k ktm, there are obviously different, however the Templar is much better then a race bike when a guy just wants to putt around the yard, or cruise some nice trails.

For a 6-spd 250 18/21 wheel bike this is a hard package to beat, other used options like ttr230 crf230/250 klx230r cost a ton more, plus another $1k in shock/fork upgrades to get close to the Templar.

In my opinion the templar x will not hold back most riders and weekend warriors, yes the euro bikes are faster/lighter but not by much. A good pro rider would be faster on the templar X then me no matter what bike I was on, or how much it cost.

So the question is.... how long will it last, how many miles before things break or wear out.

I have a DID chain here to replace the stocker, other then that I will ride it, and it will be abused and ridden hard.
Happy with the purchase, but I need 40hrs on it to see how it holds up before I could justify buying another, very fun little bike though, and the seat height is ~2" lower then a euro bike so 5' 10' guy can flat foot it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230820_165359097.MP.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	496.6 KB
ID:	29953  

Last edited by RiceRider; 08-20-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Old 08-20-2023, 02:05 PM   #1466

Also at almost $2k cheaper then a gpx fse250e, templar x is the clear winner there. Gpx is a nice bike too but not worth 2k more not even close

Old 08-23-2023, 06:07 PM   #1467

Pretty much my exact assessment of my X as well. I was worried it would feel cheap and crappy compared to what I usually ride and am honestly shocked at what was delivered for the price. The only question I have now is will it last long enough to be worth it, only time will tell.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 08-23-2023, 06:08 PM   #1468

And agree completely about the GPX. It seems a bit nicer with decent backing but pretty much the same bike for more than double the price.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 08-26-2023, 11:41 AM   #1469

Does anyone happen to know if a better rear shock from a Japanese bike would work in the Templar? I love my Templar, but at 255 lbs I'm on the heavy side and it is definitely noticable when riding off road. The bike pogos constantly and doesn't seem to have enough dampening for my weight. I've adjusted the clickers multiple times but I think maybe the spring is not up to the task.

Old 08-28-2023, 05:43 PM   #1470

Measure the length eyelet to eyelet and check ebay. I would imagine just about any shock from a late model motocross bike would be an upgrade with a multitude of springs available for it.
GasGas TXT 125