Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #16

no way that's awesome. i grew up and graduated in selah too. actually, i think my roommate was talking to you about that motorcycle he had for sale. what year did u graduate (if u did)?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #17

Shoreline - checking in

I have a 07 Lifan 200 to ride on the trails. On the highway I ride a 05 1600 Vulcan Nomad. In town, I used to ride my 80cc Honda scooter until I got my Lifan. Now the scooter sits. For sale!!

I like my Lifan. It now has 1100 miles on it and it gets more miles that the 1600 Nomad.

Larry

Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #18

Orcas Island

I'm new to the forum & live on Orcas. Great riding up here. I am selling my KTM Duke II on Ebay & am looking at a UM SMF200 or Qlink XF200. Should be plenty of bike for these slow island roads & gravel drives. Does anyone know which of these bikes is the better choice?

I'd be glad to meet some riders at the ferry landing & give them an island tour.

Cheers,

Steve

Old 04-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #19

There are plenty of hills with elevations up to 2000 feet, and if I want to get into some more mountains I could travel to the east to go to the blue Mountains, or to the West to go to the Cascade Mountains. In addition I can ride along the Snake, Colombia, or Yakima rivers depending on what suits my fancy at any given time.

The city of Richland also has an ORV Park which is very good, including a motocross track. I've never bothered going there, because I rather go trail riding in the hills.

There's also a very large ORV area to the north of town, that has a bunch of sand dunes that is also very popular. Similarly though, I don't go there for the reasons discussed above paragraph just to the north of Pasco, would be the city of Moses Lake, and they also have a very large ORV Park on the border of Moses Lake itself.

I have also seen a very large ORV park just to the north east of Yakima, however I have never visited it.

If one has a sense humor about the wind, the Eastern Washington desert provides for a lot of good riding.

One of my favorite types of dual sport riding is just randomly venturing off the road between farms, or into the desert, just to see what sort of new and interesting places I could come up with.

Indeed, on the way home from church yesterday, I found some really cool trails which I took the liberty of exploring. Of course the only downside with such behavior, is getting some very dusty church clothes. Oh well.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #20

Re: Orcas Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoscooterz
I'm new to the forum & live on Orcas. Great riding up here. I am selling my KTM Duke II on Ebay & am looking at a UM SMF200 or Qlink XF200. Should be plenty of bike for these slow island roads & gravel drives. Does anyone know which of these bikes is the better choice?

I'd be glad to meet some riders at the ferry landing & give them an island tour.

Cheers,

Steve
If the deal on my recently sold Q does not go through I'll post it as availible on the forum here.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog
I live in Bremerton. I just bought a 2006 GY200 and I like it so far. The only problem it has is a cracked side panel on the left side. This bike is in perfect order except for this. I am currently looking for the panel and have been thinking it was a GY200-5 but re-thinking it is a GY200-2 after looking at the parts lists for the GY200-5. It's an unusual color (Aqua/White) than all the other bikes I've seen. I have been reading some of the topics for oil types to use. Looks like a synthetic 5W-30 would be good for around here. What's your take? The bike has 2,000 miles on it now. Anyways, take care and enjoy your bike whenever the weather around here permits.
Is this what you need?

http://www.motosportsparts.com/s.nl/...tegory.5708/.f

Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #22

This summer if any of you WA guys want to come play on the logging roads and trails of Snoqualmie Pass LMK and lets do a weekend. Road should start to be passable by mid June I'd think, but it is also fun to do some riding on the snow too. Currently we have about 5-feet at 3,000' still on the ground.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #23

I like that idea. Plus, Snoqualmie is kinda central for most of us. 8)