Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #1

i was told megelli lost usa ,but this looks familiar

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/b...nd-cyclewerks/ will have to wait and see , but the cheap china bike days on street legal appears gone . this one looks alot like the megelli supermoto bennche never brought to the usa. with some mods . look at the wheels and front rotors . and of course there was never a photo published of the megelli with the water cooled 250

Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #2

Not exactly the same, but I think the engine might be the same? (Loncin 250 liquid-cooled)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #3

Yes most of the similar items are the wheels,rotors and exhaust exit . could be that Cleveland cyclewerks has commissioned his own deal with available parts and not carry the Megelli name . Megelli engine is supposed to be an SYM engine ]

Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

Do you still have your Megelli 250, Racer? I think I remember you were planning to sell it. Can you give us an update?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #5

Still waiting on parts that i will never get . So i am in the process of self repair . After that i don't know . A megelli powered viva? (doubt it ) I do like the power it makes .

Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #6

Please remind us; which parts do you need?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #7

gas tank leak ,fuel petcock leak and fuel level warning sender . No worries ,already got a petcock ,repaired the sender and cleaned the braising and covered it in metal working solder . no visible paint damage on the outside . i had contact with 4 different people at megelli and i can not get a reply from any ( say pass the buck ) with that kind of service ,kinda makes the bike worthless . unless i can adapt other parts or get parts from there Australian distributor ,for future needs

Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #8

Is it rideable now?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #9

Not back together yet . As far as a bike to work on ,i love the Viva . i have tried 15 -20 mins at a time for 5 days to get the air tube back on the carb . sqeezes between the shock and the frame and that area is narrower than the carb ,no way to get a hand in there and the carb is only 1/8 of an inch from this narrow passage. to make a long story shorter the megelli is a pain to do almost anything on . This weekend i'll try another approach ,maybe remove the carb and put the tube on and push it through from the front to the airbox . :roll:

Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #10

Can you switch to a pod filter? This is my favourite: 42mm Air Filter Cleaner 250cc ATV Quad Dirt Pit Bike

Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #11

Couldn't use a pod filter in this case , the filter would be crushed between the frame and shock . I may also have to flip the shock back over ,i had flipped it to be able to access the air valve . you can not adjust the air in the shock when the valve is up top . I've never riden it with access to the air valve. i did it while it was apart this time as well as the swingarm mods posted in the street section.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by recracer
gas tank leak ,fuel petcock leak and fuel level warning sender . No worries ,already got a petcock ,repaired the sender and cleaned the braising and covered it in metal working solder . no visible paint damage on the outside . i had contact with 4 different people at megelli and i can not get a reply from any ( say pass the buck ) with that kind of service ,kinda makes the bike worthless . unless i can adapt other parts or get parts from there Australian distributor ,for future needs
I'm sorry to hear that. :( How can these guys start up a business, then expect to survive without providing customer service? :roll: I hope you have better luck with the Australian distributor.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #13

Quote:
...I have tried 15 -20 mins at a time for 5 days to get the air tube back on the carb .

...This weekend i'll try another approach ,maybe remove the carb and put the tube on and push it through from the front to the airbox . :roll:...
I think you've got a good idea, Racer. The best way to install the carburetor on my XR650L is to insert the rear of the carb into the air box boot, and tighten the clamp. Then push back on the air box boot, and install the front of the carburetor into the cylinder boot. If your air box boot is flexible, this method might work best for you.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Quote:
...I have tried 15 -20 mins at a time for 5 days to get the air tube back on the carb .

...This weekend i'll try another approach ,maybe remove the carb and put the tube on and push it through from the front to the airbox . :roll:...
I think you've got a good idea, Racer. The best way to install the carburetor on my XR650L is to insert the rear of the carb into the air box boot, and tighten the clamp. Then push back on the air box boot, and install the front of the carburetor into the cylinder boot. If your air box boot is flexible, this method might work best for you.

Spud
With my TW, I need to install the air box boot to the carb first, then move the carb forward into the intake tube, just as Spud describes. There seems to be no other way.

BTW, the pod filter I pointed to has a really nice angle to it, so perhaps it would clear any obstacles.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #15

I'm starting to think that method is best for installing all motorcycle carburetors, Weld. As long as the air box boot is flexible enough, that method will probably work best.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220