Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #1

Hello from Nebraska

Well, I have been successfully lurking around reading everyones posts. I have learned so much about these bikes and success in licensing. There is a wealth of information here and thanks go out to all of you for your time, trials and tribulations.

I just ordered a new American Lifan GY-2 from Brian and now am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #2

Welcome, Congrats on getting a new bike.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your bike!

I have a brother in GI (Doniphan, actually). When I lived in S Dak, I used to visit him a lot. :wink:

Old 06-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #4

Brother in GI

You can tell him that he can geta Roketa in GI on 281 at Bosselmans Truck Plaza but we cannot license the Roketa in Nebraska.(Required to have the friggan EPA Sticker on the bike).

Thanks!

I am waiting ever so patiently for the bike
Getting it from http://www.motoxtreme.net

Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
Been there!

Oh, he's one of those guys that finds an '80's-something bike for $50, gets it running, and sells it for $500. He's not really into motorcycles, more into shooting & hunting. But thanks for the tip! (Which reminds me of a leper joke...)

Old 06-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Welcome!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
nice to have you here, hopefully we can get any questions you may have answered for you (everyone runs into a problem on here once or twice)

Good luck with getting the bike registered, I think i have had more problems then anyone else on this site...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #8

Hi goldshadow

Welcome to ChinaRiders...Congrats on the new bike.

Quote:
Remember...American Lifan products must be assembled by a motorcycle dealer. American Lifan is committed to preserving their trusted reputation. American Lifan will not cover the warranty if they are not assembled, prepped and a final PDI done by a dealer.
http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan2/warranty.pdf
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 06-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #9

Tarl your warranty is in full effect.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #10

:? 8O And now the rest of the Story! and boy has this been a long one!!

Bruce

Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #11

Confused

Ok...

Im a little confused.. Hopefully someone can help me out here..

Can you get an American Lifan drop shipped? Or are these grey market Lifans we are talking about? Regardless of whether or not they are grey market Lifans.... Motoxtremes seems to stand by their product and has a good reputation so far.

I was under the impression American Lifan wouldnt allow drop shipping.

Someone please enlighten me...!

NET

Old 06-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #12

Talk to Brian at motoxtreme. He sells American Lifan and can drop ship one to you, but under certain circumstances. Also for the warranty to be good it needs to be assembled by a motorcycle dealer.

Allen

Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #13

Hi NET
American Lifan didn't allow Drop Shipping when I signed the Dealer Contract with them in 2005. The dealer contract also said that All American Lifan Motorcycles, Scooters & ATV's are to be Assembled, Prepped & the final PDI done by the selling dealer to cover the full warranty. At that time and to the current date unless something else changed with the contract that I don't know about "If any American Lifan vehicle was Assembled by the Consumer the Warranty was Null & Void".
Obviously this changed this year, don't ask me, you would have to ask them. Below is a e~mail I received from Shawn at A. Lifan

Quote:
Bruce,

Brian and I have spoke about this subject many times. If there is not an authorized dealer within 75 miles I am going to allow him to dropship the items… otherwise they will just go get them on Ebay. If there is a dealer he will haft to give up his sell to the authorized dealer. It is as simple as that…

Shawn Blauth
Sales Manager
American Lifan Industry, Inc.
10990 Petal St. Ste. 500
Dallas, TX 75238
Http://www.americanlifan.com

Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #14

I guess I wouldn't qualify for a drop shipped bike then as there is a dealer barely within 75 miles of me. It just would take over 2 hours in Atlanta traffic to get there. Warranty and service help are a non issue for me too. My bike was assemble by a dealer, just not an authorized dealer and I had to take it apart and redo it to make it right.

Allen

Old 06-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
OK, guys ... I have been looking at these posts and I now feel a need to step in and state a few words about this subject in regards to American Lifan's shipping and warranty coverages.

Brian with Moto Extreme is shipping these bikes through American Lifan and according to him, A.L. is covering warranty issues as they come up and also drop shipping when a dealer is not within 75 miles of the consumer. That is fine and dandy unless you are also an American Lifan dealer, like myself and Bruce, who signed a contract that stated that all units had to be serviced and prepped by a dealer or professional mechanic in order to cover any and all warranty issues. I cannot match his internet price as he doesn't have the time put into it as I will have, thus I would get a bit upset if someone was to print from his website and ask me to match it. American Lifan must be doing some different things these days, all I know is what I signed off on and like Bruce said, they would not drop ship at the time I signed. Brian must have gotten a relaxed version when he signed with them this year.

I have been in retail my whole life, over 33 years, and I know how rules get bent and sometimes broken, but I also know what I do and what I sign and there was a clear statement that is made on American Lifan's warranty policy that states this in bold letters:

ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for consumable and normal wear items such as spark plugs, light bulbs, lubricants, air filters, hoses, brake shoes, tubes/tires, battery OR PROBLEMS OCCURRING DUE TO LACK OF PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY, SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OR CONSUMER ABUSE.

Read into this statement as you wish, but it is word for word on my copy from American Lifan.

I am not one to step on someone's toes, I try to get along with everyone and try my best to help everyone out as much as possible and when I am able. I have done this my whole life and don't plan to stop anytime soon. I am just stating the facts as I was instructed when I became a dealer and to back up a friend and fellow dealer. The Ebay scandal was put to rest when A.L tried an experiment and it failed, but I also know that the market is wide open for new ideas and strategies, especially in the Made in China products and companies will try to utilize as much of it as possible in order to grow. I just wish I hadn't came across the new tactics this way without being told beforehand.