Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1

X31 Cylinder Head repair..

I bought the X31 Non Runner NO Spark...with a Zongshen engine ZS 169Fmm...well it was suppose to be complete bike. After some time fixing the electrical problem, it sound weird trying to start so I pulled the Cylinder head off, err the valves are gone (Missing) plus on the Exhaust side it has a broken valve guide on the topside. The Piston for some reason looks good? I was able to get a piston and ring set, but looking for a valve and guide set or a new complete head. I purchased some valves online for a 250cc china motor but the stems seem to been small at 5mm...I don't know what size the valve stems are to be and I find myself just guessing, cause I have nothing to compare them with (old Valves missing)! I would like to get information on where I can get either...how about Honda valves and guides not sure what engine, or valve size or guide needed. L x H x W.... Oh this head has a port on the side I believe is for forced air or something. see Pic.. I've tried on three occasions to order the head pictured from many dealers such as motorpartsdealer, chinamotoparts...and another...Have paid all three with paypal and none sent nor responded to emails. The part # they list is K074-009... I did received one, on a fourth attempt that took many many weeks, but did not have this port, bolt dimensions are different, but part # above is the same. Plus I'd still have to get the valve kit... I would be so grateful for any information...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-l.jpg (62.4 KB, 116 views)

Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #2

as for that port on the side, unless you need to pass visual emissions inspections, you dont need that, thats an air injection/egr port for emmisions... i cut the pipeoff my engine and welded the plate closed that mounts to that, because it wasnt working right anyways...LOL

Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #3

Ok, that good....so do we think that this might work then...then again still need valves!! I'll check and see if they sell the valves for it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271101964096...84.m1438.l2649

Old 07-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

Seems a shame that I can't seem to find the valve guide so I can just repair this head I have.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #5

I think that's a classic XR200 head, and the valves are likely identical. I know I have an XR200 exhaust valve laying around that I could measure if that helps; let me know.

My guess is that you could buy XR200 guides and valves and repair it, but I think that a fully assembled China head would be a good value. I think the one in your eBay link is correct.

I recommend www.taobao.com . Set up a free account at www.tbtrends.com , and you can place orders through them. They speak decent English, and they charge a very small fee for their service.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #6

Thank you Weldangrind, I went through the process at tbtrends and taobao and found this...I placed order as suggested on tbtrends will see how it works and how long it will take...but I have not paid for item yet...I would guess they'll send an email for payment.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...%3D24418624793

Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #7

They'll ask for payment on two occasions. The will initially ask for payment that buys the item and ships it to them, and they'll ask for a second payment to ship it to you.

BTW, if you use Google Chrome for Taoao purchases, you can set it to automatically translate for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrbrown View Post
Thank you Weldangrind, I went through the process at tbtrends and taobao and found this...I placed order as suggested on tbtrends will see how it works and how long it will take...but I have not paid for item yet...I would guess they'll send an email for payment.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...%3D24418624793
Great price on a cylinderhead! Did you get it yet?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrbrown View Post
I bought the X31 Non Runner NO Spark...with a Zongshen engine ZS 169Fmm...well it was suppose to be complete bike. After some time fixing the electrical problem, it sound weird trying to start so I pulled the Cylinder head off, err the valves are gone (Missing) plus on the Exhaust side it has a broken valve guide on the topside. The Piston for some reason looks good? I was able to get a piston and ring set, but looking for a valve and guide set or a new complete head. I purchased some valves online for a 250cc china motor but the stems seem to been small at 5mm...I don't know what size the valve stems are to be and I find myself just guessing, cause I have nothing to compare them with (old Valves missing)! I would like to get information on where I can get either...how about Honda valves and guides not sure what engine, or valve size or guide needed. L x H x W.... Oh this head has a port on the side I believe is for forced air or something. see Pic.. I've tried on three occasions to order the head pictured from many dealers such as motorpartsdealer, chinamotoparts...and another...Have paid all three with paypal and none sent nor responded to emails. The part # they list is K074-009... I did received one, on a fourth attempt that took many many weeks, but did not have this port, bolt dimensions are different, but part # above is the same. Plus I'd still have to get the valve kit... I would be so grateful for any information...
I'm parting out my engine. I have what you need. So, if you make me an offer its yours. I'm in Alberta and you would be responsible for shipping...
if your interested.