Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #1

200CC ROKETA DB-07A

Has anyone had any luck at registering this bike for on road use? I know it isn't EPA/DOT approved, but was curious.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 06-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #2

I got my JohnWay GY200 (clone of a clone) ebay special registered and
tagged in Ohio. The MSO did say "Dirt Bike", but the lady at the BMV just
changed it to say "Motorcycle". Niether the MSO or Bill of Sale were
noterized. The seller only signed them and I had to fill in the rest. They
did make me sign a paper saying that I swear the bike has all required
equiptment (lights, signals, etc...)and charged me an extra $7. It was
about $85 total. Other than that no problems whatsoever. The insurance
(American Family) wasn't hard to get either (under $100 year). Just
handed her the title and that was that. Good luck to ya...

Old 06-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #3

I saw one of the non-EPA/DOT Roketas for sale on Ebay. The seller was in Arizona, where I live. It is supposed to be easy to register most anything for the street (quads with all the street equipment can be tagged), but the seller claimed that his branch of the MVD would not tag it because there is no DOT certification for the model he had, and thus, he had to sell it.

Of course, having just purchased a Jetmoto enduro that does not have the DOT/EPA certification I was dreading what I would have to do. I finally had the time to get to the MVD yesterday for a car registration, and I took the paperwork that Jetmoto had sent me to see how to tag the motorcycle (I was sure I needed to bring the bike in for an inspection). Much to my surprise, the clerk said that I could register the bike, no problem, without bringing it in. The one problem was that the MCO looked like a color copy, and I would have to take the paperwork to a title company who, for a few hundred bucks, would bond the title. I was a little disappointed, but she did say to call the company to see if they had a more legitimate MCO.

I called Jetmoto, and my sales guy said that they did in fact have a "real" MCO, and he would send it out right away. Perhaps, I will have it by Friday... (the story is still happening, so I will keep you posted)

I should add, the salesman said that Jetmoto is working to get the EPA/DOT certification for their enduro, which I presume Roketa is doing for its non-certified bikes.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEazy
I got my JohnWay GY200 (clone of a clone) ebay special registered and
tagged in Ohio. The MSO did say "Dirt Bike", but the lady at the BMV just
changed it to say "Motorcycle". Niether the MSO or Bill of Sale were
noterized. The seller only signed them and I had to fill in the rest. They
did make me sign a paper saying that I swear the bike has all required
equiptment (lights, signals, etc...)and charged me an extra $7. It was
about $85 total. Other than that no problems whatsoever. The insurance
(American Family) wasn't hard to get either (under $100 year). Just
handed her the title and that was that. Good luck to ya...
Eazy,
I had similar experience here in SE OHIO, but I just brought in pic of the bike, VIN, etc, and used the MCO that came with the bike, the "FAKE" one, and filled in all of the info for the lady at the title office, and within 20minutes, I was walking out the door with a Street Legal MC Title. Since OH does not have EPA regulations (YET), I didn't have to worry about that, I just needed to prove it had the DOT required stuff, which IS: Horn, Headlamp, Brakelamp, taillight, turn signals, front AND rear brakes, and DOT approved tires.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #5

Well lucky my wife works for a local car dealership she made a phone call to the PA Title Office (Whatever it was called) and PA does not require EPA/DOT Approved cert. My next question is where can I get insurance?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdionis
Well lucky my wife works for a local car dealership she made a phone call to the PA Title Office (Whatever it was called) and PA does not require EPA/DOT Approved cert. My next question is where can I get insurance?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
Thanks for that very good information for these guys. I am sure that many will appreciate that. For insurance, I know a couple people have gone through All-State, but I went with State Farm because my insurance agent, (ALL-STATE) told me they would do me better on a small bike.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdionis

Thanks,

Mike
I got my Lifan insured through Progressive here in PA. Give them a call. They were very helpful. I think my policy is something like $80/year.

And thanks for the info on the PA title/registration as well. FWIW, I took in my MCO and bill of sale from Hooper Imports and was out the door of PENDOT in 15 minutes with a plate in hand. Luckily I live and work only about 10 minutes from the PENDOT building here in Harrisburg.

I really need to get around to getting this thing inspected. The battery only lasted three days and I didn't get it inspected in that time. I need to go pick up a real battery then take it in to get a sticker put on it. FYI - you need a good working battery to pass PA motorcycle inspection.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #8

I cant find the vin number on my 2006 roketa dirtbike. I can only find and emisions thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #9

Check the right side of the steering neck of the frame.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #10

i looked and looked i cant find it. there is a plat on there but its all about emmisions can someone send me a pic of where thiers is.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #11

It should be stamped into the frame shouldn't it? It's been a while since I had my gy5/6 so I don't remember if they were. It was also on a sticker, but it may be stamped in the frame too.