Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #1

Wiring, Baja Design Enduro Lighting Kit, Headlight, different Reartail Light, M3C LED

Hello,

I need some help please.

Lets start off with the Baja Headlight Wiring.

Ill post some pictures so you know what the wiring harness that I got with the Kit.

So in the first picture is my wiring harness, the tape measurer is holding down the connector that hooks into the Switch, also there is another connector that connects the Bulb. Now since I have this LED MC3 Bulb, is it true that I will need a Rectifier for this next plug in to operate the MC3 LED Bulb? Also the Baja Headlight has low beams with 2 wires coming out of the light, where do I connect these wires?

Heading down the wiring harness it shows the Black Wire for battery, and the Red Wire with Fuse in it, that connects to the battery, now I was pondering about this scenario, I already have the main wiring harness for my bike hooked up to the battery, if I'm going to hook up another kit to the battery is this ok?

Now going down more from the harness kit it looks like a 3 wire connector, I think this is for the Rear Tail Light, the kit shows a blue and black and another color but the connector looks different then the Rear tail light connector, how do I connect these together and how do I know what wires go with what ones?

Finally the last two wires, I think these are for the Right and Left Rear Blinkers? I'm not installing blinkers on the bike yet, so these wires would be just tucked away inside.

Now about the MC3 Bulb, this is another unit I'm very puzzled about wiring it up, so I believe it works like this. The MC3 Bulb has 3 wires, blue, white, green. Now the connectors, where do these connectors hook up? Is this where the Rectifier comes in place?

If anyone can give me some good tips on where and what to do and what to get to finish this task, I would be so delightful and happy. Very frustrating figuring out connectors and what to connect to etc!

Thanks
Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FULLviewwireharness.jpg (94.2 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg Baja HeadlightWire.jpg (8.3 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg harnessandreartaillight.jpg (78.9 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4132.jpg (76.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg MC3BulbWire.jpg (8.7 KB, 181 views)

Old 03-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #2

I won't be much use to you technically, but what bike is this for? I have been intrigued by the 'budget' Honda clone sold by SSR http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...bike-index.htm

more so because it utilizes the Zongshen watercooled 250cc engine which in a slightly different form is used in the new Zongshen RX3 budget adventure bike that several members are currently, patiently, waiting for. I had desired a SSR dirtbike/Baja kitted bike for a couple years now, but now that the engine will be widely discussed, I feel even more secure thinking about such a project--streeting a Chinese dirt bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #3

It's a LF200GY-2
Great little bike. Year 2007

Old 03-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #4

Diggy, I need some more info.

Are you starting with a dirt-only bike, and converting it to dual sport?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #5

Im just upgrading the bike, adding different things to it like Mirrors(done) new carb(done) headlight Baja(not done) rear taillight(not done) new grips(done) new paint job (done) Odometer Speedometer etc (not done)

It would be nice to eventually get it on the road, I will get my license soon. Then try to register the bike to beable to ride on the road eventually.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #6

The bike is for me as a new rider getting to understand how to ride a Bike.
Its a lot of fun and learning lots, and I love to add different things to the bike to make it run and look better. I just don't know what to do to install these items.

1 Baja Headlight
2 Baja Switch
3 Rear Taillight remember the one you sent

I have the MC3 LED Bulb, I checked other posts about this Bulb. I need to confirm about getting a LED Rectifier for it, and if anyone has it installed already any tips would be great.

The Baja Headlight has low beam light, and I see two wires coming out of them, where do I plug these wires into.. Its almost like I have different connectors for different items.

hmmmmmmmm......

Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #7

LCD Digital Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Motorcycle Motor Dirt Bike

I also have a problem with installing this item.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-L...932819342.html

So trying to install this LCD on my bike is very confusing.
Ill show you some pictures that I have no idea where and how to hook it up.

The last picture is the wiring harness already in my bike, and remember those two little wires coming out. One is Dark Green and one is Light Green. I believe someone said that the light green one is the gear sensor.. Im not 100% sure tho...

Any help would be amazing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4127.jpg (92.5 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4128.jpg (80.1 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4129.jpg (76.2 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4131.jpg (83.1 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4137.jpg (92.6 KB, 188 views)

Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 PM   #8

Lf200gy-2

So we know the Green Wire is = Ground
Anyone know what the Neutral color wire is?

Old 03-19-2015, 01:11 AM   #9

There is no such thing as neutral with DC; only positive and ground.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
I also have a problem with installing this item.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-L...932819342.html

So trying to install this LCD on my bike is very confusing.
Ill show you some pictures that I have no idea where and how to hook it up.

The last picture is the wiring harness already in my bike, and remember those two little wires coming out. One is Dark Green and one is Light Green. I believe someone said that the light green one is the gear sensor.. Im not 100% sure tho...

Any help would be amazing!

I just put one of those on my Panterra, the wiring diagram is wrong. the red is permanent live, the black is switched power and the green is ground. Also I was never able to get it to convert from kph to mph, so I set the cal to about 1150 for the speedo and it's to within 1mph of my gps. this is based on a 18" wheel with 3.00x18 tires.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
I just put one of those on my Panterra, the wiring diagram is wrong. the red is permanent live, the black is switched power and the green is ground. Also I was never able to get it to convert from kph to mph, so I set the cal to about 1150 for the speedo and it's to within 1mph of my gps. this is based on a 18" wheel with 3.00x18 tires.

Can you explain to me on every step to hook it up to my bike properly. What I am going to do is with my bike I have a female connector that will connect into the LCD device. I'm not sure on what wires on the device exactly do, we know the green. Wire needs to be connected to a green wire for ground. What are the other wires for? I don't think the LF200GY-2 has a gas tank sensor so that wire is gone. Also I do not have turn singles on my bike yet so I won't hook those up. I'm not to sure. On that yellow wire that is coming out of the LCD device by itself does? And hooking up the MAGNET, is there a good video on how and where to hook up the Speedo thingy wire sensor thing.

Any info please would help me. I'm going to label all my wires before I do this. So they are properly connected. Same with the bike itself.

Thanks

Old 03-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
Can you explain to me on every step to hook it up to my bike properly. What I am going to do is with my bike I have a female connector that will connect into the LCD device. I'm not sure on what wires on the device exactly do, we know the green. Wire needs to be connected to a green wire for ground. What are the other wires for? I don't think the LF200GY-2 has a gas tank sensor so that wire is gone. Also I do not have turn singles on my bike yet so I won't hook those up. I'm not to sure. On that yellow wire that is coming out of the LCD device by itself does? And hooking up the MAGNET, is there a good video on how and where to hook up the Speedo thingy wire sensor thing.

Any info please would help me. I'm going to label all my wires before I do this. So they are properly connected. Same with the bike itself.

Thanks
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjUwWDY1MA..._id=880000500F show the wiring scheme.
1-ignore
2-ignore
3-hook this to your high beam light if you have one
4-ignore
5-ignore
6-this is the line from the -ve side of your coil(I think)
7-permanent live feed for the clock
8-ground wire
9-switched power
10-ignore
11-ignore

I put the magnet on my disk brake rotor near the bolts and fabbed up a bracket to mount it to my front axle bolt. I bent a flat plate and welded a piec of 1/2" 18ga tube to it. I'll take a picture if you want when I get home. it being one of the 12 or so days a year it rains here, I didn't ride today.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 03-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
There is no such thing as neutral with DC; only positive and ground.

Found this quote ---> makes sense.....

Honestly the fuel gauges are not accurate or worth it IMO. Most people stick to mileage as it is more accurate and reliable. Even on bikes that I have had with a gas gauge, 1/4 tank could mean I was empty or was at a half tank. I never trusted it. I don't even really use mileage anymore. I look in my tank, if I can't see gas, its time to fill up

Last edited by Diggy; 03-19-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_in_az View Post
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjUwWDY1MA..._id=880000500F show the wiring scheme.
1-ignore
2-ignore
3-hook this to your high beam light if you have one
4-ignore
5-ignore
6-this is the line from the -ve side of your coil(I think)
7-permanent live feed for the clock
8-ground wire
9-switched power
10-ignore
11-ignore

I put the magnet on my disk brake rotor near the bolts and fabbed up a bracket to mount it to my front axle bolt. I bent a flat plate and welded a piec of 1/2" 18ga tube to it. I'll take a picture if you want when I get home. it being one of the 12 or so days a year it rains here, I didn't ride today.

Awe thanks a lot Alex!
You kinda made things more easier to understand! yes please take a picture of your setup so I can understand what you mean by where everything goes? That black wire that turns into a screw that is the SpeedO? Then the little magnet with that clip hooks into the disk? the problem I see is that my brake pads use up the whole disk, so I don't think I can install it on the disk break.. hmmm send me pic so I can see how it all works..

Just to confirm on things..
#3 (Dark Blue Wire) Hook this wire up to my (confused) High-Low Beam Light, do I hook it to the Light Switch Wire or do the main Bulb? This is where I need to make sure what to do, I have a M3C LED Bulb Im trying to install aswell. That bulb has 3 different Wires coming from it.. Do I hook it to one of those ?

#6 (Black & Yellow Wire) Pulse Tachometer.. <-- what is this? You are saying (this is the line from the -ve side of your coil(I think).... hmmm I think I can find the coil, but not to sure what -ve is. Also if the coil is in a different place, would I have to get more wire to transfer the wire to reach this #6 black & yellow wire lets say....

#7 ( Red Wire ) -permanent live feed for the clock,
So this would be the main power line, where would I find this wire on my bike? can I take it from anywhere? I believe its either the Black Wire on my bike or the Red Wire on my bike... Maybe ill take it from the ignition switch wire.. hmm can I splice this wire? hmm Ill figure it out with my wire diagram, but if anyone knows please post.

#8 (Ground Wire **GREEN**) This is easy

#9 (Black Wire) Question.. Why do they call it {the electric door lock line} this is confusing...

This wire is for Switch Power, hmmm so switch power maybe that's my power that I use for turning the key to start my Bike? Switch Power hmmm... If you can just confirm this, you will make my day!!

Ill send a PIC of my LF200GY-2 Wire Diagram!!!

Hope this helps

Any info on setting up the M3C LED Bulb, let me know.. SPUDDDDD!!! Help! heheheh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LF200GY2DIAGRAM.jpg (96.2 KB, 473 views)

Last edited by Diggy; 03-19-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: picture

Old 03-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #15

Wiring Diagram!

With the LCD device, Is there a icon for putting the bike in Neutral? or anything to show me 1st gear, 2nd gear etc.. I think I got the basic Odometer/Speedo/Tachometer etc..

hmm Hopefully the Wiring Diagram for my bike is clear, I can take a different picture if necessary..

Thanks guys for the help!