Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2015, 11:58 PM   #1

New from Ontario, Canada

Hey how's it going, new guy here from Ontario, Canada. been working on china bikes for a few years just messing around. Got myself my first 250cc OHC Air Cooled project bike im doing a rebuild on. Will post about it shortly, hope to get some great help here to minimize my constant headaches! haha

Old 05-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #2

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I love your username; it's a combination of two tough fellows.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

I love your username; it's a combination of two tough fellows.
Why thank you, i thought it was pretty clever as well its a combination of my actual name and some of my favorite movies, ill keep people guessing witch is witch

Old 05-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #4

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

Welcome!

X2 on the cool name.

I spotted your other thread, where you talk about using XR parts. Cool idea!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #6

Where in Ontario are you from ?I am in Sudbury .

Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Where in Ontario are you from ?I am in Sudbury .
I'm from the Peterborough Area lol quite the ways away

Old 05-13-2015, 11:13 PM   #8

Far enough ,but I often go there to pick up dirt bikes and other stuff .

Old 05-14-2015, 11:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
Far enough ,but I often go there to pick up dirt bikes and other stuff .
Amen to that! if your ever in the area and need places to ride let me know i may know a few places.

now i wasn't too sure where to post this but i thought i would share a very interesting story with you guys, Just to prove that there are still good people in this world lol.

I was searching for a new Dirt Bike through Kijiji and i came across an add for what i was believed to be a 150cc daymak pit hog. there was no pictures but it caught my attention sure enuff. so i had emailed the fellow a few times back and forth asking the obvious questions, does it run, whats wrong with it, is it stolen ect. everything panned out as i had hoped, so we setup a date where i would come and look at it. I dont normally go look at things unless i plan on buying and picking up that item the same day, so i brought the truck $300 cash and as soon as i seen it i knew i was taking it home, i could tell it had been neglected and ran to the ground, i almost felt bad for it to be quite honest.

the man let me take it for a ride, it was alright i knew it needed alot of work but for $300 i was fine with it. so the last question i had asked him, was if there was ownership. he said no, my heart started aching, i asked if he knew who or where the original ownership was and he told me his brother races bikes and gave it to him as a gift, i know buying it without an ownership was a big red flag, but i checked the vin number online and it came up clean, so i took it home with me. i started working on it and to much of my surprise, it had 250cc stamped right on the engine. i knew right then the fellow who sold it to me clearly had no clue about the bike, but thought maybe it was a honest mistake. i kept working on it, ordering parts left right and center. sand blasted the frame and gave it a new paint job. i wrote down the vin the day before witch was smart because the sand blast blew the numbers right off the frame. my own fault because i was in a rush, it was winter and i was cold lol. i still had a funny feeling about this bike almost like it was too good to be true, so i called my local police department and to my shocking surprise, it was in fact stolen! i was angery, i gave them the Bill of sale, emails even the guys Address and phone number with his name. they told me they would look into it and not to do anything with the bike, i told them if they contact the original owner to please let him/her know that i am deeply sorry for what had happend to them and if it were mine i would completely understand if they wanted it back. then i knew that i spent alot of time and money on somthing i could not keep and i was at terms with that, the police asked how much i put into it, what condition it was in when i bought it ect. i told them everything i could to make sure that the person who sold it to me got caught and possibly even get my money back (hoping) they told me that they would keep in contact.

So a few weeks rolls by, i was bummed, super bummed, but i knew i was doing the right thing and i felt super bad for the person that this guy stole it from. I get off work around 4, make myself a coffee and sit at the tv and the phone rings, its the police. They tell me that the Original owner does not want the bike back, he was aware of the condition it was in when i had bought it and knew how much i put into it, he had sent the Officer the ownership/transfer of ownership, and even a very nice letter so that i could go through the Service Ontario without any problems of getting it switched into my name. i was shocked, completely at a loss for words. they told me that the way he seen it was he bought it almost 5 years ago, it has probably been in many hands and is not the same bike he seen when it was new. so i told them if they talk to him again please please please tell him how thankful i am and that i would like to at least pay him what i paid the guy who originally sold it to me but he denied, if hes out there and i ever get a chance id buy him a beer and let him ride my bike any day of the week!

P.S. if you ever buy a bike, ALWAYS call the local police first before checking the vin online, the data base can sometimes be slow or not up to date. i am probably one in a million that this has happened to so never take a chance like i did. i almost lost more than a new bike is worth out of this

Old 05-15-2015, 01:33 AM   #10

Happy ending! What ever happened to the thief? Did the Police ask you if you would make a statement?

Where did you check the VIN online? I've used CPIC many times with good success.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2015, 02:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Happy ending! What ever happened to the thief? Did the Police ask you if you would make a statement?

Where did you check the VIN online? I've used CPIC many times with good success.
As far as im aware the thief was probably charged due to his apparent long list of other offenses. when i told them his name number and address they told me that they were already keeping they're eye on him due to other things he has done. I had actually used CPIC but it came back as clean and when i talked to the officer that was handling the case he informed me that sometimes (not all the time) things dont make it into the system due to location of witch it was stolen, the station in witch it was called into ect. sometimes the process is just slow but the vin number i provided was in fact on file for stolen vehicle. they also provided me with a release form from the police station stating that it is now my property just for an "extra" just in case to get it switched into my name. witch was done a few years ago mind you. but it was indeed a very happy ending

Old 05-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #12

It would be a struggle for me to properly capture all of the local constabularies. Off the top of my head, there is Abbotsford Police, New Westminster Police, Vancouver Police and the RCMP that cover everywhere else in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley of BC. An item could have been stolen from any one of those jurisdictions, so I'd need to reach out to each unit, along with CPIC.

ICBC (the BC Provincial insurance corp) accepts CPIC as a valid search, but your story tells me that's not enough.

Also, TurboT on this forum had his YZ250F stolen a couple of years ago, and I know that the investigating officer took forever to register the event with CPIC. I'll be sure to email each police department in the future.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #13

I'm glad you finally reached a happy ending. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220