Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #1

Help Any Ideas? *VIDEO*

I have a utube clip on my scenario.
Do not know if its normal or something is wrong.

The gear bracket is loose.

Any tips of this would be great.
Thank you

Old 09-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #2

Is the rear sprocket loose, or do you only notice some play in the drive chain? The cushioned bolts for the sprocket do wear out, and should be replaced with Honda parts. A little play in the drive chain is normal.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

The bolts holding the rear sprocket to the hub are loose .You can try tightening the bolts ,but chances are your rear hub is now damaged from all the flopping around that has gone on .

Old 09-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #4

If the bolts are loose, he should be able to replaced the cushioned bolts, and the hub will be fine.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #5

Might be missing some washers on the sprocket. Take it a part and find out. Easy to do.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #6

I tried tightening the big bolt and the four smaller bolts, not to sure on whats the parts name for everything, where is the sprocket? The thing that is loose is the round thing that grips the chain with a bunch of teeth on the round thing that moves the chain around. So its either I need some kind of new bolts? or maybe some washers? where do the washers go? on both sides? hmmmmm

Old 09-07-2015, 10:03 AM   #7

OK you are mechanicaly challenged for sure so this can be tough. I have worked on plenty of bikes but I have not had this one apart. That being said it looks to me like you can go around the thing that has teeth called the sproket and remove each one of the nuts one at a time and add a washer to them and it should solve the problem. I would cease riding it till you get it fixed.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #8

I just watched your vid again and it looks like you are just wiggling the chain? It's supposed to have some play side to side.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #9

I did another test, and yes the chain does have play in it, Im not really worried about that, its when I move the sprocket system back and forth, there is a bit of play that moves right to left, not much like maybe 1-2 mm.
I do see a rubber seal to the left and it does move a little. I think its ok, next time ill make sure the camera is mounted. Im going to leave it alone and if it gets worst ill deal with it then. The bike has no problem at all. Works great, except for one kinda weird problem, hehe, I have to figure out what gear I am at, I think I am in gear 3, when I have it idling with no throttle at about 35-40 kph speed, when sometimes I hear a POpp Poppp coming from hmmm, not to sure either the exhaust or under the seat or someone within the exhaust or maybe near the carb. Any idea on why this is happening, or how to fix it etc?

Old 09-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #10

Starting to think your not serious.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #11

OK! Number 1 the sprocket is not loose, there is however some play in the chain. Hence the side to side movement. This is normal for the Chinese 428 chain and sprocket. They are clones after all. All of this is MOOT since this guy has "no idea what these parts are called or what they are for" in his own words. If you go out and look at your own china bikes, if you haven't already replaced these parts, you will notice some seemingly large tolerances.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp View Post
OK you are mechanicaly challenged for sure so this can be tough. I have worked on plenty of bikes but I have not had this one apart. That being said it looks to me like you can go around the thing that has teeth called the sproket and remove each one of the nuts one at a time and add a washer to them and it should solve the problem. I would cease riding it till you get it fixed.
The four nuts your saying just add a washer to each of them.
What side the front of the nut or the other side?

Thanks for helping me.