Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:35 AM   #1

ok ok no turbo how about NITROUS

Well I seen how much turbo was to do and for how much power you make . NOT WORTH IT I would have about 1200 in to this for ten hp ,no thank you. So next is nitrous ! It says use it at wide open throttle on a stock bike for 30% gain, I know about nitrous oxide I had a 125 shot in my 1979 trans am with a LS1 out of a camaro ss. It would go sideways at 80 on highway if I was in 3rd or 4th , chirpped in 5th ,6th is overdrive. Thats not my fastest ,I had a 2003 sonic blue cobra with a kenne belle blowzilla 2.3 competiton supercharger. 658 rwhp . I went through 3 sets of nitto 555 drag radials ,you had to feather first or smoke show. sorry about that I'm done with THAT. Anyways has anyone done this and yeah I bet I will blow it up a few times. Thats ok much cheaper than cars....

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #2

Not sure I'd put a China engine on drugs; that can scatter parts in a hurry if you lean out.

There are certainly cheaper ways to turbo a small motorcycle. I've seen vids on Youtube of turbos on old Briggs and Stratton engines, for no particular reason (other than to do it). A small, used turbo can be had for cheap on eBay occasionally, and then it would be up to you to fab the flange on the header.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #3

I found even cheaper ,a car smog pump used as a supercharger .look up smog pump super charger and a bike likee ours come up.Thats what I'm going to do with my xr200r motor, and fuel inject that and run e85 but thats the second motor.

They race cg125 in Brazil and turbo them,I seen this smog pump supercharger today and knew thats were this motor needs to do.I can get a cam to accompany it and roller bearings for the bottom end.No porting necessary.Then the ecotronics fuel injection with o2 sensor to tune itself and the ecu control advance and retard the ignition.

Do they make steel valves for cg or chromoly push rods? Need both and if i take a thousandth off the cam it will open a bit farther?

I just talked to the guy for my head hes decking it and and putting new steel valves in and radius cut the valve. Im using those little co2 pellet gun nitrous oxide shots so cant be a lot of no2 in them ,so I'm not to scared but I proably dont want to raise compression past 10 to 1.

Last edited by demidestructo; 09-15-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #4

That's crazy!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #5

I've thought about using a smog pump, but never on a bike engine. That's definitely going to consume my thoughts for awhile. Here's one on a GY6:

Old 09-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #6

You can do a ton of reading on the subject here: http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/supercharging.html

Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #7

oh my my my my christmas has come early for me with santa weldandgrind bringing the goods.Awesome thank you thank you if you have any other sites like this let me know ,if you have and on porting and combustion chambers I would love it. thanks again

Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #8

umm.... pellet guns use co2...not NOx....

Old 09-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #9

oh and I'm just gonna throw this out there... I got this from a speed shops motto.... "speed costs money; how fast d'ya wanna go?"

Old 09-15-2015, 11:59 PM   #10

Speed costs lots of money! Probably not good to expect a real big increase in power with a chinese engine either. In fact it might be less expensive to just buy a jap engine than to put a ton of dollars into hopping up your chinese engine and run the jap engine stock. They make a lot more power with their 4 valve heads and all.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #11

Right now, this is just a fun discussion. I love bench racing, and I'm giggling about the concept of putting a junkyard smog pump in a bike as a blower.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:15 AM   #12

FAST I'm a nurse ,I have three jobs two physical therapy and a private nurse gig. So money isn't a big concern. I dont have kids or wife to tell me no, I parked my 68 GTO in storage .I want to play! The nitrous oxide is just in those things its what they use for propellant for homemade whip cream. I agree with you I have a xr200r motor that I'm going to smog pumpsupercharger ,Im just doing a competition valve job with stainless valves and retainers and valve springs and taking compression to 10 to 1 .Hope to raise redline with tunable cdi(which one is tunable?). if not thats fine I found a atv im going to pick up and a xr70.The atv is a 250cc cvt trans,which I'm not sure about .If I cant fix it I can still use the motor right? How does this metal weld? Or is it the cheap stuff my friend welds aluminium so I think h could do it.Its got a crack in the side case about a inch long. Hes selling a xr70 as well damn it I just got paid too.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #13

You've got an 68 GTO survivor in Mich. ? Wow, it must have never been out of the garage in the winters up there :0 (Previous 68 GTO Owner Myself)
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 09-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by demidestructo View Post
I agree with you I have a xr200r motor that I'm going to smog pumpsupercharger ,Im just doing a competition valve job with stainless valves and retainers and valve springs and taking compression to 10 to 1.
You must choose, my friend. Have either high compression or a supercharger; not both.

High compression works on an XR200R, because it has a decompression device for starting. If you boost compression on a China motor too much, it'll be hard to start, and you'll eventually break the kicker shaft or gear.

Closed Thread