Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2015, 08:23 AM   #1

Good morning from Florida

We are planning a road trip from Florida to California with our RV next year and I've been looking at motorcycles for my wife and I (and 2 boys)to get around with when we stop. I found the Hawk 250 that has positive reviews all over the Web and would fit our needs.
I am planning to go off the beaten path a little and do some boondocking for a few days when we stop.
My riding has been on the street with 1000cc crochet rockets, I gave that up when my boys were born (my boys are 8&9). I rode a friend's CR125 a few times, that's the extent of my off road experience.

My plan was to get a couple bikes 3 or 4 months before we leave on our trip to get used to riding them and work out any "adjustments" that may arise.
The best price I found was $1,349 at www.lowestpriceatv.Com with free shipping which I think is a bargain!
Now we are thinking abut getting also a couple small dirt bikes (70cc) for our boys for them to go riding when the place is appropriate.

I haven't searched for reviews on those yet, I would appreciate input and thoughts