Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2015, 11:51 PM   #1

TT 125-135-150 buyers Questions

All these models and the engines not matching the models sizes is driving me nuts..
Looking at 2 machines for my two girls. 5 yr (4ft tall) and 9 yrs (5ft tall) the oldest has just started riding my Honda 200 with 5 spd semi auto so she started learning the shifting..

For my youngest I'm looking at the 125D or the T-Force. Needs to have FNR..

For my oldest, I'm pretty undecided.
125G Sport style 3 spd says 125cc but been told it's 110cc
125F1 Trail type 3 spd says 125cc?
135DU trail typ FNR says 125cc (looks a little small)
125H
There is also a 125 blue and silver 3 speed that looks similar to the 125 but a different body style with a rear rack..

Or do I just step up to a 150..
150D GY6 FNR trial type says 150cc
150G FNR Sport Says 150cc

http://www.taotao.us/index.cfm/atvs/

I just don't know how the FNR machines perform.. I drove a 125D and I would hate to have that engine/trans setup in a bigger/heavier machine. Learning towards the 125 F1 or 150D.. But would rather have a semi auto machine.. I think, but never driving a TT with a 3 spd.. I'll have to look at the tie rods on the 150D I looked at it really looked to have a lot of bump steer.. (To the point I really didn't look close at the machine at the time, after reading here it could be an easy fix.)

Any suggestions for or against any of these models...
I"ll have to admit, I had about written off the Chinese machines until reading on this forum the last few days..
Thanks,
Bryan

Old 12-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #2

I've not owned a 150D (or the Coolster equivelant) but I've ridden them. The GY6 and CV-style trans are definitely powerful enough to jet an adult around just fine. I'm 6' and 190 and it got me to speed rapidly. My CB guy actually built his sons up a little (breather, pipe, rejet, clutch springs and compensator weight change) and it was impressively fast. May be a bit too much for your younger kids though. It's an adult quad and capable of some impressive speeds. The bumpsteer is an easy fix.
That said, some of the guys here who still have youngin's around can give you much better input than I.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #3

Thanks.. I went and looked again... And have pretty much decided.. And will buy the Bull 150.. I like that there are lots of parts and upgrades available.. The engine sold me on this model.. I looked at the tie rods and they are both installed on the top side.. But still seemed like lots of bump steer.. The tie rods are way too long compared to the A arms..

On the smaller machine, either the 125 DU (I think it's listed as the 135DU) or the T Force.. I haven't figured out the differences.. Looks like both have the 110cc, F/N/R trans, same size tires..

They keep telling me the 125's have 125cc engines, but the engine code is for 110cc.. They say it has a bigger bore... Haha.. But I'm good with it..

Old 12-12-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

Taotao

Hello.... I think only the 125D has the smaller 110 motor... they switch that this summer due to the CANADIAN DOLLAR... and took of the remote off.... I just sent an email off to my sales guy to double check on the other models.. but as far as I know... only the 125 D has the smaller motor... not much diff anyway... I like people to buy the 150 D as it has the electric choke... and the F-N-R LEVER on the right side... easy to drive.. the GY6 motor... lots of upgrades that you can buy and put on.. sliders.. carbs.. cdi.. etc.. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED??? THANKS

Old 12-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #5

Thanks.. I updated my profile.. It will be interesting to know what they have to say. The 125D will still perfect for my little one..
The 150D will be bigger chassis than my old Honda 200.. I think both will be a good fit..

Old 12-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #6

motor size

Ok... I just found out ... ALL 125 MODELS will only have the 110 cc motor in CANADA USA I do not know as I am a seller in CANADA and this is what they told me... so if you want more power... get the 150 D model .. and the model 250 D is only a 200 cc motor... there is not that much diff in the 110 cc and the 125 cc .. but I hope they change it back when the dollar goes up.... it is only about a $10.00- $15.00 savings.. everyone wants more power.... RIGHT

Old 12-14-2015, 10:58 PM   #7

Thanks.. That's kind of what it looked like when I was looking at the different 125 models.. At least going by the engine codes.

I bought 2 machines today.. TForce and a Bull 150.. I will pick them up assembled on Friday. I can't say I got a great deal, but same as about everywhere else on the internet. Might have saved a few dollars going somewhere else, but I didn't like the way some of the assembled machines looked.. Probably could have save a little too by assembling them.. I'm ok with the deal. We'll see how they look on Friday..

The 150 is going to tower over my old Honda 200sx.. But I don't expect it to run like the 200.. The 150 is a fair amount lighter.. Interesting to see how the machines have progressed.. The old Honda has a wide frame and short A arms.. And a wide trailing arm. It defiantly was mid size frame ATV.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:19 PM   #8

Excellent! Send pics when you get them! I'm curious as to your review of the 150 Bull. It's either the Tao Tao 150 Bull or the Coolster 150 is what I'll end up getting Mrs. 2LZ in February for her birthday. They seem very similar but they have the rear drive gear and disk brake swapped. That's about the only difference I see, thus far according to pics.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #9

Thanks..
I'll post some pics on Friday or Saturday... will have to stash them for a few days, if I can hold out giving them to the girls... If the weather is nice, it'll be an early Christmas...

They should look like this.. ordered both in the Burgundy color. The small TForce and the Bull 150..

Old 12-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #10

Wow! That burgundy is nice!...and it seems the new ones have the same side hips as the Rhino! I think it adds to the looks.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #11

I'll get some better pics and write a review as we get some time on them.. They burgundy color bull 150 didn't come in so I picked up a black one today, and they said they would switch the body out after Christmas.
Christmas came early, as the weather was nice and a good time to get a little riding in..

I'm impressed with the 135D TForce.. I think it's going to be a good ATV.
Not so impressed with the 150Bull yet.. I think the clutch needs adjusting.. But we'll get the oil changed and some time on them first.. It kind of rattles and shakes, and doesn't run as smooth as the 135. After riding tonight I found lots of the bolts on the plastic loose.. Maybe that with quieten the shaking noise.. But kind of has a vibration in it... We only have 45 mins or so on them.. Will change the oil, and go over them tomorrow..

I bought them assembled.. Maybe that was/is part of the problem.. The bolts for the front rack of the 150 fell out when I was putting it on the trailer.. I grabbed tools out of the truck and went over both racks before I even left..

I hopped on the old Honda, and quickly realized how much more refined the Honda is, even at 30 yrs old.

My 9 yr old on my 30 yr old Honda 200sx..

Old 12-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #12

2LZ.. Looking at the post you just made about your 250...
I don't get the lights.. They are terrible.. The are fairly bright.. But don't light up anything.. Must be the poor reflecting in the bezels.. For sure need to add the LED's.. Was thinking of just LED bulbs.. But I think the lights just need to be replaced..

Wheel spacers will also be on the soon up grades.. Too

Old 12-19-2015, 09:25 PM   #13

Great!...and yes, do yourself a favor and go over both of them completely. The assemblers probably had 20 to assemble that day and most don't really put a ton of care into making sure everything is tight and properly adjusted. I walked into my CB guy a month or so back and the Rhino I sat on had the clutch lever sticking straight up. Nope....not a ton of care. The product is acceptable for the $$$, it's usually the guy who unboxes it is where the problems are.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGnut View Post
2LZ.. Looking at the post you just made about your 250...
I don't get the lights.. They are terrible.. The are fairly bright.. But don't light up anything.. Must be the poor reflecting in the bezels.. For sure need to add the LED's.. Was thinking of just LED bulbs.. But I think the lights just need to be replaced..

Wheel spacers will also be on the soon up grades.. Too
Yep....I'll never figure out how they can put a fairly bright bulb in it but have the beam shine everywhere but in front of you. Has to be the bezels. The upside is, you can't see....but others see you coming, I 'spose.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 12-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #15

A little time on them today...

About 2 Hrs on the 135TForce.. I really like this ATV.. Easy to drive.. Fitment of the plastics is decent.. Small rattle from the front plastic.. Good power and I have the RPMs turned way down.. Just a little throttle and it's moving.. Easy to steer.. The LEDs for the gear indicator are a little bright.. Wife complained Last night that they were a little blinding, but at least you can see them during the day.. The headlights are useless..

The 150Bull probably 4 hrs on it.. Mostly my 9yr old.. Still no love for this ATV from me.. If I had ridden it before I bought, it would still be there.. But it's getting better.. Wrenched on it for a couple hours.. I think it's the vibration of the entire machine that I don't like. I need to figure out something for the front suspension/steering.. It's hard to steer.. I thought I could move the struts out to the outer holes and lower the front a little, but the strut hits the inner mounts, so you can't use the outer set of holes.. The suspension really rolls out in the turns.. Also need to try adjusting the springs stiffer.. (Probably fine for my 9yr old, but not someone 3 times her weight.. Haha) The gear indicator, and plastic it is mounted in doesn't stay attached, and hits the fuel tank cap when you turn.. And not an easy way to put fuel in it as the filler neck is pointed towards the handle bars..
Lots of setup issues.. The carb and throttle linkage was hitting the frame, loose and bent.. Not sure if the intake is crooked, had to loosen the carb and push it to the side.. It doesn't match up with the intake the best, but isn't hitting the frame. Brake spring rubbing on the exhaust.. I think the rear brake line is routed next to the chain, instead of the through the bracket for the shield.
Re drilled most of the mounting holes for the front edge plastics over the front fenders.. (This stopped some of the vibrating noise.) wiring hanging everywhere. Will have to get new lights ordered tomorrow..
Ok.. Rant over.. Now to get things how we want..