Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2016, 02:17 AM   #1

My ride is coming soon

This the bike I am going with. Sorry if I borrowed your picture. Please forgive me. Anyhoo...I should get soon and then I will make some videos of my expeirence
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00s0s_bg2Z1It3FqW_600x450.jpg (47.1 KB, 249 views)

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to the videos.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #3

Videos

Yes I plan to make a couple. Some of riding around and some of assembling it. I would like to make one assembling it, so others can have a little help on that. I don't think the bike will come with assembly instructions. So I hope you riders and youtubers get something out of it.

-Skyteamst90

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 AM   #4

Good luck on your TT250

Good luck on your TT250. Will love to see some videos from you as well.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyteamst90 View Post
Yes I plan to make a couple. Some of riding around and some of assembling it. I would like to make one assembling it, so others can have a little help on that. I don't think the bike will come with assembly instructions. So I hope you riders and youtubers get something out of it.

-Skyteamst90
I think the youtube assembly video is a great idea. IMHO if somebody was to do a step by step assembly video on these China Bikes like the Hawk and the Storm, the sales would increase a lot. I'm surprised that outfits selling them online like Superior Powersports or the others don't do it.

Not only would it likely increase the number of bikes they sell, they could monetize the youtube video and make money with it at the same time from people viewing it. They could have a link on their site to the assembly video on youtube. If I was selling these bikes online that's what I would do.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Good luck on your TT250. Will love to see some videos from you as well.
I was planning on doing an "unboxing" video and some still photos. Although, since I only ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, there will probably be a lot of guys doing that before me, so people will be bored with that kind of thing by the time I get to do it.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-13-2016, 11:05 PM   #7

CRC has tutorials

I think it will still be useful to get a sense and idea for the assembly. I agree it is amazing that there is not more videos or instruction pdf's for things like that. CRC has been cool enough to produce some tutorials online which are really helpful. I suppose the chinese products are assuming that the consumer knows how to assemble and service the motorcycle.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #8

Quote:
I suppose the chinese products are assuming that the consumer knows how to assemble and service the motorcycle.
Yeah, apparently Chinese people have some magical power to just look at or touch a motorcycle and just know what to do, like a Jedi Knight with the Force or something. They don't need manuals. It's just an innate ability in Chinese people. I never knew that before I started getting into CB's. It's an amazing fact that I don't think the rest of the world knows. Apparently all 1 billion of them have this ability too, because there just aren't any manuals anywhere in the world for CB's. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though, I guess it's just me, but I just can't get over how you can't find shop manuals for these things.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #9

2016 Bashan Storm 250

Well last week Thursday I completed some paperwork to order the Bashan 250cc or "Stallion" from. I ordered from American Products Sales Center and spoke with Don for about an hour about the bike. He said that he would his warehouse and find out what he has in stock. He called me back and stated that he had two Storm 250s with one being black and the other being orange. I preferred the black and I thought that would go faster. I was able to get the okay from the fiance company and Don then called back and asked if I wanted an orange one. Since it was the last one he had and possibly the last one in the country, I took it. I am now so excited to get this new bike. Then on Friday I received a call from the loan place to verify some information and I think that was it. They stated that they would call APSC on Monday, and there is a good chance that the bike will ship this next week, if all the paper work is correct. I forget at the moment that the bike will either come from Dallas or CA. If it comes from Dallas, I think it will be pretty quick; I might have by the end of this week, which means I might have to call in sick for the day to assemble it... So soon enough I will be a proud owner of a new orange motorcycle. My plan is to do a few of the regular upgrades everyone does and then take it on a road trip. My other goals is also to get with some local enduro riders.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #10

Cool! Sounds like a good plan. We'll all be looking forward to the pictures!

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #11

Bike is shipping today

Called the dealer today and my Bashan Storm 250 is shipping today and I might get it this Friday. Really hoping so. I would love to work on it this weekend and assemble it. Its exciting. Once I get it, I will post some pics and video. I ordered a GoPro clone camera, so I will use that to film me assembling it, for others that are interested in this motorcycle version; as I haven't seen a video for the STORM on youtube.

Happy riding.

-skyteamst90

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Called the dealer today and my Bashan Storm 250 is shipping today and I might get it this Friday. Really hoping so. I would love to work on it this weekend and assemble it. Its exciting. Once I get it, I will post some pics and video. I ordered a GoPro clone camera, so I will use that to film me assembling it, for others that are interested in this motorcycle version; as I haven't seen a video for the STORM on youtube.

Happy riding.

-skyteamst90
Storm vids are like trying to find a damn unicorn . . .

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Storm vids are like trying to find a damn unicorn . . .
Or a Genie that doesn't come with a "Catch 22" with your wishes

"I wish for all the gold/riches in the world"... next thing you know your buried under all the gold/riches in the world... your dead... but at least your "rich"

"I wish for world peace"... next thing you know you are stranded on a planet all by yourself... but at least it's peaceful... isn't it

Either way, it's going to be a rare find indeed

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I think the youtube assembly video is a great idea. IMHO if somebody was to do a step by step assembly video on these China Bikes like the Hawk and the Storm, the sales would increase a lot. I'm surprised that outfits selling them online like Superior Powersports or the others don't do it.

Not only would it likely increase the number of bikes they sell, they could monetize the youtube video and make money with it at the same time from people viewing it. They could have a link on their site to the assembly video on youtube. If I was selling these bikes online that's what I would do.
only reason i do not see them doing it, is they want you to pay them to put it together ... it is an option when you order

Old 05-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #15

st90, i am looking forward to seeing you get your bike ... it is the same as mine and it will be cool to see how we do them our own way ... so far i am liking the things you have said you are going to do