Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #1

From Houston

Howdy,
This is a very good forum. I've learned a lot about China bikes by reading in this site. Thank whoever for setting this up.

I'm interested in the Lifan GY-5 Enduro bike. I ride 100% on the street, and if I have an Enduro bike, I would probably hit the trail few times per year. I've never ridden a dirt or Enduro bike before, so I don't know if it suits me. The reason I'm considering it is because my current ride, Honda CB-250 Nighthawk, rides quite harsh on bumpy roads around here. I commute 6 miles each way everyday, and the roads here are bad, lots of bumps and holes and such. The CB-250 is a streetbike with hard suspension, and I was wondering if the GY-5, or other Enduro bike, would provide smoother ride. I like smooth ride; I prefer driving a Cadillac, than driving a BMW sports sedan. I hope my preference is understood. I've also short, 5'8". I'm worry that the 33" seat height on the GY-5 will be dangerous for me. So, what do y'all think about the suitability of the GY-5 for me?

p.s. Also, I occasionally take the CB-250 on the Interstate. It's almost suicide; I don't do it much. I'm able to cruise at 65. Max speed is 75. However, the CB burns alot of oil at this cruising speed, and the oil gets very black afterwards.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #2

Hello and welcome

Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #3

Welcome. I don't know about the GY5, but my GY2 rides okay. The 5 is probably better.

Don't expect much more than 70mph either.

Allen

Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #4

hello, ah just look at the xf200 by qlink(actually qingqi). if your used to riding a streetbike and want a plusher suspension and you spend most of your time on road then check them out .... 8)