Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

Tariffs

Some tariff info

https://www.wmsbrighton.com/Articles.asp?ID=296

Old 11-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

The bright side here is , most Chinese parts are so damn cheap that even tacking 25% on to them in a tariff still leaves them easily affordable ,and usually a fraction of what an equivalent part for a Japanese or American bike would cost you.And of course for critical areas of Grom clones most of us use U.S. made bolts ,and original Grom parts that fit and those remain unaffected by the new tariffs .The only place it really hurts is the initial purchase cost of a China bike , The Venom Motosports Vader now shows a price of $1599 , compared to $1399 a year ago on the Gen 2 Model ,I got mine at $1299 as a Pre-Order when they were temporarily out of stock .

I hope to be able to get back to posting pics and maybe some video of mine and my build which was seriously derailed by Hurricane Michael soon, my SUV was totaled by a huge falling oak tree, my 2001 Mustang GT suffered passenger side damage ,and a large fallen pine is still on my house, and wiped out my front deck .Luckily my Vader escaped any damage, and my Sportster only suffered a bent front fender, when a falling tree only just grazed it on the way down ,bent the fender but didnt even knock the bike down. But, that is what happened and is why i have not been around for a while, but I will be back !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 11-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #3

Wow! RCR, I hope and your family escaped any harm.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer