Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #1

Headlight question

I also posted this under atv's.

I have a new Roketa ATV58 with a 110cc engine. All works well with the exception of the headlights. The lights are dim. If I unplug the rectifier, the headlights shine as bright as can be (I think possibly too bright). I tried a different rectifier and it has the same result. Any suggestions? I don't know if they wired something backwards or what the scoop is. I know from past experience that if machine is running and you disconnect the rectifier, the lights go dim and obviously the charging system becomes inoperative.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #2

I would be curious to know if it a single wave or a full wave rectifier. If it is a single wave I would think that would be the problem, being as that they basically block half the current. Is the other rectifier of the same type?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #3

They look the same. I will try to investigate further and let you know when I get to the shop. They both have the same plug with four prongs. Is there a way to tell by looking to know if it is single or not?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #4

Hey Matt's right about what he said i have ran in to that problem on a few Roketa Atv's in the past. What company is on the data plate on the atv i know Roketa sells many brands under their name. Just wandered because i have alot of manual i have put together over the past few years on these chinese atvs and i would be glad to help you out. Just let me know thanks.

Hirt Motorsports
11 kamp street
Duncannon,Pa 17020
717-834-9126