Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 10:16 PM   #1

tt250 accessories switches

so me and my dad spent about a hour wiring the stereo system into the stock a1 a2 switchs on the handle bars. boy was that every confusing, let me tell you why so originally with key off battery in, we found that the brown wire was ground and the green wire was open on both accessory connectors so we linked in the ground wire to the brown wire and with a1 switch we chose to run the negative threw it completed the circuit with the key off my stereo would power up with the switch on a1 ... turn the key on and pop .. main fuse blows ... so run a few multi meter tests and turns out brown with key on has voltage ... ok weirder yet if a1 brown wire key on is tested it reads 12 v but if its on a2 or off it reads 8v so if the key is on no matter what setting its on its getting voltage ? so instead we wired the power wire to the brown wire instead of a direct link to the battery and put the negative wire directly to the battery now it works but i have no idea why with key on switches off the brown wire shows voltage unless theres something else in that circuit that causes a voltage drop ,if so what is it ? id like to see a electrical schematic to those accessory switches to see what else is wired into it. im no electrical wiz mabye someone who has delt with adding stuff into those switches can help right now it works and no fuses blow .
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #2

Brown wire is park lamp.
You should have the park lamp all the time so now its an ACC wire etc
A1 would have been park A2 would have been lights on in stock NON USA form

Black is Ignition on 12v +