Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #1

Looking to get a tbr7

I'm looking to get a tbr7. and was curious on others buying experience. there are a lot of places to order one. where would you guys recamend I order mine from and who usaly has the best price. also I've see several sites say pre order. and some that don't. dose that mean they are waiting on the slow boat from china. Thanks hope to be riding one soon.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #2

I ordered my on 6/15/19 from TXMOTORSPORTS.COM and very good results. That company owns up to 3 other companies, one being 360motorsports. Their latest web site does not show the TBR7 any more. They may have sold out. I really like mine - green - and am fully in the process of upgrading it. It use it exclusively on the road to and from work.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #3

Just got mine yesterday from Birdy's
https://birdysscootersandatvs.com/

Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billatloaus View Post
I ordered my on 6/15/19 from TXMOTORSPORTS.COM and very good results. That company owns up to 3 other companies, one being 360motorsports. Their latest web site does not show the TBR7 any more. They may have sold out. I really like mine - green - and am fully in the process of upgrading it. It use it exclusively on the road to and from work.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/30321068084...m=303210680840

This is the easiest n popular kit for first of tuning, consider that for your bike

Old 08-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog1148 View Post
Just got mine yesterday from Birdy's
https://birdysscootersandatvs.com/
I was about to ask about them they are not even an hour from my house I'll probly give them a call tomarow I figure if I can pick it up it might save me some $ not haveing it shipped

Old 08-01-2019, 10:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
I was about to ask about them they are not even an hour from my house I'll probly give them a call tomarow I figure if I can pick it up it might save me some $ not haveing it shipped
I worked with Joe, was a good experience.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:54 PM   #7

If you can get it in person, assembled, probably your best bet. Megadan has a good opinion in that he looks at these as kit bikes since they come in a box and one gets to put it together meaning one gets to assemble it their way. He takes hours going over everything. Personally, while I completely agree with him, I wouldn't mind having a shop do it for me, and I can ride it home. I would be willing to pay extra for that; how much extra is up to you, but a couple hundred bucks would be worth it for me! You might be able to negotiate something better.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-02-2019, 08:10 AM   #8

Got mine from TXPOWERSPORTS

Never spoke to a human being, ordered online, bike arrived at my doorstep 8 days later via UPS LTL on a private narrow suburban block in NY.

MCO and BOS arrived exact same day ( obvi UPS called in advance to set up the delivery ).

I opted to put the bike together myself, this is my absolute first bike ever, but I'm pretty good with a wrench and Motocheez and DZ amongst others have tons of vids out there to walk you through.

My crate appeared to have gone through a zombie apocolypse ..BUT there was nay a single scratch on her and everything came as promised.

Only argument from me was the top weld that attaches to the handlebars was broken ( as it does for many) AND bizarrely , only 1 fork was bolted to the shipping frame - poor right hand fork was bearing the load during the journey..but no issue other than the fork oil in each fork were off by about 20 mL..again, no big deal.

People say these bikes run lean as stock... what an understatement!!! I couldnt get my bike to even idle without 10 full mins warm up with choke on in the damn summer.

I swapped for a Mikuni clone from amazon for 25 bucks AND bought NZ\TAKos kit so I would have a backup tuning kit and a new carb to muck with and one to leave as stock and besides I wanted the 17 tooth sprocket.

After changing the carb ( main jet to 105, air\idle 2 turns out), I divorced the choke lever and never looked back.

This is my first every motorcycle, so by no means listen to me, but I can say, swapping the carb ( or tuning it) and putting the 17 toother on the front has transformed this bike into an awesome street riding machine as a first bike.

Enjoy it

Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 AM   #9

Thanks for all the replies so far. I know some tinkering is needed to get one of these right.and thats ok thats half the fun. I turn a wrench for a living so assembling this should not be a problem. I would prefer to assemble this my self as I plan on locktighting every critical fastener. cant have my swing arm falling off while going down the road. but if I pick it up and they don't charge me any thing to put it together that be fine to.

Old 08-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #10

Bike is a blast.. enjoy it

I even had a bunch of Harley bro's roll up on me at a gas station and came over to check it out.

When I told them the price brand new.. they all whipped out there phones to bookmark the website and buy one as a knock around weekend fun bike ..or something for their teenage sons ( I'm 45 ..LOL ).

Be safe

Old 08-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss27gogeta View Post
Thanks for all the replies so far. I know some tinkering is needed to get one of these right.and thats ok thats half the fun. I turn a wrench for a living so assembling this should not be a problem. I would prefer to assemble this my self as I plan on locktighting every critical fastener. cant have my swing arm falling off while going down the road. but if I pick it up and they don't charge me any thing to put it together that be fine to.
Unlike the Hawk the TBR7 comes with high grade bolts and nylock nuts so loctite isn't as much of an issue.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Unlike the Hawk the TBR7 comes with high grade bolts and nylock nuts so loctite isn't as much of an issue.
If I recall, you have a Hawk and your friend has the TBR7.You have a more detailed perspective on comparing both bikes with each other.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
If I recall, you have a Hawk and your friend has the TBR7.You have a more detailed perspective on comparing both bikes with each other.
Yes, I bought a Hawk in November and I bought my cousin Jay a TBR7 in May. On initial quality/assembly I'd say the TBR7 is the better bike. But it's already having issues, and we think it's the coil. Where as the Hawk is running great, so..

Old 08-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #14

TBR7 sits very high

I'm 5' 10" and I took out the front fork spacers and lowered adjustable rear shock fairly low - with those modifications she is not ideal for offroad but I am 99.9% street riding.

Not to chime in on OneLeg's comment but I think they rode Jay's TBR7 offriad pretty hard, submerged her in mud etc. ...probably rode the bike like it should be ridden..hard and fun.

I'm a little more "pussy cat" with my ride and neighborhood cruise.

I am absolutely in love with my TBR7

Old 08-03-2019, 02:02 PM   #15

I'm 5'6 200 lbs so not very tall any one my size got one were you able to put one foot on the ground stock I don't need 2 feet on the ground I'm fine if I can get one on the ground