Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2019, 01:36 PM   #1

Tao Tao Bull 200

I've been seriously considering buying one of these to replace my little FourTrax, but I have some questions. How wide are they? Do you have to worry about the CVT belt getting wet and slipping? Has no one gotten more than 39mph out of it? (FourTrax 200D will do 42mph) Can you get a performance exhaust for it? And finally is there a better option for the price?

*edit* I meant to say Bull 200, not Boss..

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 09-01-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
I've been seriously considering buying one of these to replace my little FourTrax, but I have some questions. How wide are they? Do you have to worry about the CVT belt getting wet and slipping? Has no one gotten more than 39mph out of it? (FourTrax 200D will do 42mph) Can you get a performance exhaust for it? And finally is there a better option for the price?
If this had been a question in the dual sport section you would have had 10 answers by now? I guess they are all out on their atv's ?

Old 09-01-2019, 03:15 AM   #3

I can't answer too many of these questions as I don't have a Chinese ATV, but I spent a couple of years working on ATVs, and I know this - there's a reason Honda only does shaft or chain drive: reliability.

With most CVT drives, any moisture leads to belt failure, which might be hard to get replacements for in the future. CVTs can be tuned for better acceleration or top speed, but I personally wouldn't get a GY6 based ATV.

I'd look at the TaoTao Rhino, they have the Honda CG-based driveline, and I'd imagine with all of the parts for the dirt bikes, something could be made to work.

Old 09-01-2019, 03:24 AM   #4

Not to argue with franque, but people have been getting good results out of the gy6 based ATVs; as far as moisture, my guess is that most who use them are not getting them wet. In fact, most seem to be mellow with them, hence their experience with reliability.

But, I would suggest looking into the Rhino, as that quad seems to be high in quality based on numerous members' reports. Plus it is chain drive, so you have that to consider.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post

*edit* I meant to say Bull 200, not Boss..
I've only had mine about 2 weeks,still in the break-in process.Mine come with a non-working hour meter but since I have got that replaced under warranty,I'm starting to ride it a little more.I'm just riding it easy right now getting everything broke in.Don't want to have to start buying parts right off the bat.I can tell you it starts fairly easy every time so far unless someone else is messing with your kill switch and you don't know to push it in to reset it.I usually just kill it by turning the key off.
I think it is about 42 inches wide.This is my first atv I have ever owned and so far I'm liking it.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #6

I wish it was like this one with the pull start option.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #7

Here's the same but it's a jet moto bull.

https://www.motobuys.com/jetmotobull200atv.html

Old 09-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #8

Rhino might be a better option for me.

After watching alot of videos and reading this forum I think I'm gonna get the Rhino. The wheels and disk brakes on the Bull are really nice. But for my size (I'm a big ole fat guy) I think the Rhino's increased power and speed would suit me a little better. And I do alot of road riding in between trails and the Bull's 30 mph top speed would drive me nuts.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:04 PM   #9

My bull has always run great, even mudding it, but I ha r been too hard on it in the 1.5 years I've had it. That said, the only thing I've had break is a exhaust stud and motor mount and I should be surprised that more didnt break on it. I'm about 230lbs and my buddy at over 300lbs has ridden it no problem.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugndeep View Post
Here's the same but it's a jet moto bull.

https://www.motobuys.com/jetmotobull200atv.html
Motobuys likes to rename existing brands products with defunct Chinese companies' names. Jetmoto went out of business in 2010 or something like that. I had one of their dual-sports, when dual-sports were popular on Ebay. Long story short; that is a Taotao Bull 200. They use the brand-name 'Lancer' as well for the Hawk, rather than RPS Hawk. Safer Wholesale does the same as far as rebranding their bikes. I understand Motobuys is an ok company, and have been around for several years, so must be doing something right, but for some reason, they like to rename existing bikes with old defunct Chinese brand names.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Motobuys likes to rename existing brands products with defunct Chinese companies' names. Jetmoto went out of business in 2010 or something like that. I had one of their dual-sports, when dual-sports were popular on Ebay. Long story short; that is a Taotao Bull 200. They use the brand-name 'Lancer' as well for the Hawk, rather than RPS Hawk. Safer Wholesale does the same as far as rebranding their bikes. I understand Motobuys is an ok company, and have been around for several years, so must be doing something right, but for some reason, they like to rename existing bikes with old defunct Chinese brand names.

Here's a Kanis Bull 200.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #12

What sold me on the Bull was the automatic transmission.I thought about the Rhino too but let's say you get stuck and have to get off and push,it's gonna be hard to work that clutch and gas all the while trying to push.With the Bull you can just leave it in gear and work the gas while you push knowing it's not going to die.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #13

I thought this one was interesting,you can subtitle it,doesn't make a lot of sense though in translation-

Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #14

To be honest,I wish I had bought the Raptor 200.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugndeep View Post
Here's a Kanis Bull 200.
I wonder if it is related to the Taotao? I understand that Taotao has a presence in Canada and member 'flashlighboy' is a Taotao dealer in Canada, but I wonder who Kanis is up there? Perhaps one of the Candadian members can fill us in?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150