Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #1

Darn gremlins

:x
Picked up the Hi bird 250 last saturday. Tinkered with it over the past week getting it together and adjusted. Got my insurance and was ready for the inspection. Then the horn would not work. Checked for voltage at the horn... none. Found a bad conection at a connector behind the headlight. Fixed that and the horn still would not work. :x tapped on the horn and it would then sound. Got another horn at the auto parts so I could get it inspected the next day. That horn would not work either. Discovered after the fact that the new horn required 10 amps. No way 10 amps were going to go thru the tiny wires to the horn. Messed with the screw on the back of the original horn and got it to working by loosening the set screw.
So I go out this morning to load up the bike and get it inspected.... The battery was too dead to start the bike. :evil: Hook up the charger and let it charge for a few minutes. Load the bike up in the truck and go to town to get it inspected. That part goes pretty smoothly and now I know I'm just 1 step away from haveing my tags. Over to the tax office and guess what?

They are closed for Good friday :twisted:

Oh well, I'll get it done next week.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #2

Have faith brother, It will all come togethor.