Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #1

Roketa 110cc ATV issue... Video..

Hey fellas!
First off, thanks for all the help I've received on here. I just picked up a Roketa Chinese 110cc ATV and it wouldn't turn over or do anything at all when pressing the start button and the lights wouldn't come on via the start switch either. Please see the video below and let me know if y'all have any suggestions or advice. Again, I appreciate you all!

Old 10-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #2

For starters, I wouldn't have any more than a 15A fuse in there; you're asking for smoke with a 30. Since the 5A fuse blew as soon as you connected the battery, I'm guessing that you have a bad reg/rec.
Does this quad have a keyed ignition switch?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-25-2019, 11:33 AM   #3

Check starting problem

check this video from youtube…. always go there first

https://youtu.be/XAqhEm8dFM

Old 10-25-2019, 11:36 AM   #4

Wrong video

FORGOT THE SMALL x

Old 10-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #5

Solenoid check

WELDANDGRIND... THIS should be a sticky...

Old 10-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
For starters, I wouldn't have any more than a 15A fuse in there; you're asking for smoke with a 30. Since the 5A fuse blew as soon as you connected the battery, I'm guessing that you have a bad reg/rec.
Does this quad have a keyed ignition switch?
I have a spare voltage regulator I can try to swap. Also to answer your question... Yes, it has a keyed ignition switch. Why do you ask? Thanks again brother. I really appreciate the help!

Old 10-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #7

Also wanted to point this out. Video below. Thanks fellas! Appreciate you all!

Old 10-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #8

UPDATE: Please see attached video. You can see exactly what's happening. Thank you all!

Old 10-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #9

fuses

when you turn the key on with no handbrakes on... does the fuse blow??? then it is probadly your ignition switch.... unplug the switch.. and see if fuse blows.... still blows … then check the wiring from the battery to the ignition switch wiring,...
if you have the ignition switch plugged in... NO BRAKES OR LIGHTS TURNED ON... turn the key to on.... NO FUSE BLOWN???
OK turn the key on... then apply the brake lever so the tail lights come on.... FUSE BLOWN?? unplug tail lights at rear.... try again.. NO FUSE BLOWN??? THEN it is in your tail light wiring

you have to go thru the steps like this... best to write it down your steps... and then you will see what blows the fuse.... you can get a circuit breaker setup .. so you will not have a pile of blown fuses.... make sure they are only 10-15 amp fuses... or you will blow the wiring.. slowly you will find the problem area.. usually wiring or light assemblies blowing it...

Old 10-26-2019, 04:10 PM   #10

I felt like it was weird that the fuse blew every time when I hit the KILL switch. Thought that might be a tell take to one of you guys who know more about these. Thanks again for any help fellas!

Old 10-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #11

So does this issue with the fuse blowing when I hit the KILL switch mean anything to anyone? Or should I keep digging. Thanks!

Old 10-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #12

Kill switch

OK.. so the fuse only blows when you put the kill switch on... to kill the motor...when the kill switch is turned on... it grounds the cdi … so it is a ground system./… the same as the kill in the NO RUN POSITION.... does the fuse blow if you have the KILL OFF.... IN THE NO RUN POSITION?????
IF the fuse is good in the NO RUN POSITION... then open up the start/stop switch... and see the wire colours going to the KILL SWITCH... disconnect the wire in the plug to your wiring harness... then it will not work anymore... blowing fuses... if you dis-connect the wire and it does not do this anymore..... and the kill NO RUN POSITION works still to shut off the motor.... then leave it...…. that other port you were talking about in the first video... is a charging port that lets you charge the battery with a charger that plugs into it... most of the time the charger is gone... does not work... or th e wires on th e back of it... broke causing it to ground out .. it goes directly to the battery to charge it..... you can always unplug your regulator when you are trouble shooting something.... it is only to charge the battery when running....
most people get to involve with too many things when they try to fix something.... KEEP IT SIMPLE... on thing at a time... so you say if you have the kill switch in the run position... EVERYTHING IS FINE.... does it run??? try this fix... you are grounding the position wires when you are turning on the KILL SWITCH.... elimate it..

Old 10-27-2019, 07:13 PM   #13

Okay... So update... I disconnected tge voltage regulator... The battery charger... Child safety box... The headlight. All except for the ignition switch. When I have the key off. I can press the KILL SWITCH to NO RUN and it doesn't pop the fuse. As soon as I turn the key to the ON position and press the KILL switch to the NO run, it pops the fuse. Does this clue anyone? Would that mean it's the ignition or? Thanks again fellas!

Old 10-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #14

Thanks for the video updates. When you turn the kill switch to off, you're actually completing a circuit. Conversely, when you turn that switch on, you're disconnecting the circuit.

I know it's tough to wrap your mind around, but here's how it works: when you turn the kill switch to off, you're connecting the ground wire to the CDI. When the CDI is grounded, it can't deliver voltage to the coil, so there is no spark.

Yes, if the brake switch is disconnected, the quad is not likely to start. The starter circuit runs through that switch, so if you unplug it, you'll need to join the two wires together. Beware that if you connect those wires, the brake light wire will be live.

Unplug the CDI and turn the kill switch to off. Does that still blow the fuse?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #15

kill switch

see what I told you to do... disconnect the KILL SWITCH WIRES from the plug.... the connection … this will tell you if it is the ignition switch or not,...… you might have something as simple as the wire at the plug( for the kill switch) might be bend touching something in th e connection plug..... we all think you know what to do and follow along...… BUT keep it simple..... one thing at a time.... KILL SWITCH when pressed … BLOWS FUSE.... KEY OFF.... FUSE OK... so disconnect the kill wires at the plug.... should be ok.... problem is either the KILL SWITCH BUTTON FUNCTION...… OR wires at the plug.... shorting out the kill signal..... you are getting a ground signal( the kill switch ground) to a live ( 12 v positive ) signal feed...… simple.... fuse blows because a ground to live feed..... nothing that hard.... WELDAND GRIND explained the kill function... so all th e things you dis connected.... did not matter.... still blowing th e fuse..... next step.... is what I told you...…. disconnect the KILL SWITCH ground wire from it.... to the plug..... you will see ….. it will be ok... you can still shut off the atv motor with the key,... who needs th e KILL SWITCH FUNCTION...… get the atv fixed and let them ride...