Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #1

Newbie here. Hawk DLX 250 EFI vs Lifan Xpect 200 EFI vs CSC 250

I am looking to join the club with one of these China made motorcycles. Is it really worth getting one of these with EFI vs Carb? If so which one of these three motorcycles are the best? The Lifan Xpect EFI and (to add onto this list) Bashan DB 250 they sell locally but the DB 250 is carb and the Xpect has smaller engine, not by much though.

Which one of these are better performing motorcycles. Is the Xpect less performance given a little smaller of an engine?

Thanks for answering my question

Old 11-16-2019, 05:09 AM   #2

What is better comes down to you in regards to EFI vs. Carburetor. The EFI will be a lot less hands on, and if you have little to no experience with carburetor tuning, or just don't want to deal with fussing with jetting changes, then get an EFI bike. It will start and run well in any conditions and adjust for altitude. Where carburetors have the advantage is just simplicity. No computer, wiring, connectors, injector, pump, regulator to fail. From a modification stand point, the carb will allow you to reach for the stars with a lot less to deal with (aside from jetting).

As far as the bikes being better than one another, in my opinion just depends on what angle we are coming from. At the end of the day all of these bikes are very cheap, and can all have the same problems.

In terms of initial quality the CSC TT250, Lifan, and Bashan will be the top three. As much as I love my Hawk, the RPS bikes just seem suffer from a few more little issues out of the box than these other bikes - if the DLX is better than the standard Hawk though, is a different question. None of them are big issues however, usually small stuff.

The CSC TT250 will come with the best dealer/factory support in terms of warranty (and a better warranty) than most of the others, and is CARB legal, if that is important to you where you live.

The Lifan Xpect may have a slightly smaller engine, but I wouldn't let that put you off. Lifan quality makes up for the difference, and in terms of power, there really isn't much of a difference to make it worth mentioning. The 229cc motors might make a teeny tiny bit more torque a little bit lower in the RPM range, but they make about the same power in the end and the smaller motors seem to like to rev out a little more.

If you have the money to spend, get one of those two IMHO. Just my 2 cents at least.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 11-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #3

Thanks for the in depth response! Much appreciated. With that said I will probably just go with the Lifan. The Lifan EFI goes for $2200 locally. Can save a few bucks ordering online but it comes fully assembled and dont have to wait.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #4

Dan 3:16. Everything he says is totally on point. That being said, if you don't mind tinkering on a bike. $2200 would more than pay for a hawk or TBR and all the mod's you could\should ever want to put on it.
Just a poor boy, putting in his 2cents.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #5

Just picked up my new DLX tonight and after getting it into the lit garage I can say that what everybody was saying about Chinese bikes is true !!.
It’s sitting next to a 20+ year old DR350 and you can see the quality difference’s !!.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvjoel View Post
Thanks for the in depth response! Much appreciated. With that said I will probably just go with the Lifan. The Lifan EFI goes for $2200 locally. Can save a few bucks ordering online but it comes fully assembled and dont have to wait.
With a dealer nearby, you will have dealer support, locally. Lifan has been in the US since the mid-2000s, although they left for a few years, and came back a couple years ago, but the point is, their 200cc engine is venerable, and now it is not only the same engine they have had for years, but it is now fuel-injected; it should still be a good quality brand of Chinese bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-20-2019, 04:50 AM   #7

Yeah, I agree with culcune, I'd get the Lifan.