Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2020, 05:46 AM   #1

Tubeless tire leaking

I can't seem to find any resources on how to fix it, There doesn't appear to be any holes, so I assume it's with the seal... How do I fix this? Any youtube videos or anything?

Old 02-24-2020, 05:53 AM   #2

Is the valve stem cracked/leaking? You might have to move it around to see. You could also put soapy water on the wheel/tire, and when you start to see bubbles, voilà, you've found your leak.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #3

Yep dish soap and water in a spray bottle will find it every time, check the valve to see if its tight. If the bead is leaking put some fix a flat in it and ride it for while to sling it all around inside the tire.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #4

third for the dish soap water in a spray bottle. spray it down, look for the bubbles. probably going to be debris between the tire and rim, unless you got a thorn thru the tire.... as far as sealing it up, if its debris in the bead, brak the bead, clean it real good, and apply a bit of grease to the beads to help seat and seal the tire. air it back up and check for leaks again.

i have to disagree with dragonbusa, DO NOT USE fix a flat unless its a dire emergency... that stuff is nasty crap and dangerous too for the tire guys that may have to deal with it eventually...

Old 03-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #5

This has been happening since I first got them. 6 of the 8 tires go flat slowly (about a day) donuts not debree. And I can't find any videos of how to fix the beads on youtube

Old 03-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #6

I went and bought a valve core tool, because it was the cheapest solution if it fixed it. The cores were barely on

Old 03-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #7

Are the wheels and tires you have some oddball size that you can't find tubes for?

Old 03-07-2020, 03:44 PM   #8

tubes

just get a tube close to your size...they will stretch...13 inch tube for a 14 inch tire..and etc....not rocket science..

Old 03-08-2020, 01:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Are the wheels and tires you have some oddball size that you can't find tubes for?
They are supposed to be tubeless.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #10

Tubeless or not ,Chinese atv tires are just like the rest of the atv ,made as cheap as possible for the price ,you are not getting million mile performance out of anything you didn’t pay up for .Put some tubes in it and move on .

Old 03-09-2020, 01:02 PM   #11

tires

does not matter Chinese tire or whoever... if you have a leak .. you have to put in a tube or tire slime or something to fix the slow leaks that drive you nuts... I think the fom fix is not the real thing to do.. but it is surprising the tube size you can use to put in the tires.. do not be afraid to put in a tube... a lot of people have tire plugs in their tires.. quick fix... gets you going.. use a good glue to seal the rubber plug.. many people upgrade to better tires... it is what your wallet can buy..

Old 03-23-2020, 11:59 PM   #12

I'm having the same issue on my TaoTao Raptor 200 front wheels. Just got it a couple weeks ago. The back wheels hold air just fine but front ones don't and it's so annoying to take off the wheels each day to strap them, refill them, only to leak out that night. I'm going to do the soap test this weekend.

All of my stems constantly have air leaking out of them, but stops when I put the cap on, even the back tires that don't go flat over time, is there something wrong with the stems or something? Anyone else with that same issue? Fix for leaky stems?

Old 03-24-2020, 07:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning85 View Post
I'm having the same issue on my TaoTao Raptor 200 front wheels. Just got it a couple weeks ago. The back wheels hold air just fine but front ones don't and it's so annoying to take off the wheels each day to strap them, refill them, only to leak out that night. I'm going to do the soap test this weekend.

All of my stems constantly have air leaking out of them, but stops when I put the cap on, even the back tires that don't go flat over time, is there something wrong with the stems or something? Anyone else with that same issue? Fix for leaky stems?
Did you tighten the cores? Sounds like they are loose.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-24-2020, 08:12 AM   #14

After fighting with tires for a year on my machines, I just got tired of it and went down, bought 16 new valve stems with cores at the parts house (I think I spent about $20) and replaced all of them. The tire slime helped quite a bit, but I haven't had to put a measurable amount of air in a tire in a year now. So my buddy just ordered 2 new Raptor 200s and I showed up to the "assembly party" with 8 new stems and a gallon of slime. Not a single problem since day 1. These are on my list of things to do when buying a new Chinese machine.

2018 Tao Bull 200 red
2018 Tao Bull 200 green
2018 Tao New T-Force graffiti
2018 Tao New T-Force blue

Old 03-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #15

leaking tires

it is amazing how someone keeps doing the same thing for a year or so... the tires leaking air problem needs to check to see if the leak is at the rim or tire... or air valve... new air valves work good and fix most problems... use the right ones for the hole size... and put a little grease on them when inserting them... so the roll and seal... the next part is little holes in the tires... if it is on the thread area... then usually slime will help.... if not use a plug for tubeless tires... or a tube... the tube just has to be close to the tire size to work.. you can buy them at a lot of places like PRINCESS AUTO... PEAVY MART... harbout freight … and most tire companies can order you one.. just use a little common sense.. wheather it is a Chinese atv… or Chinese tire... or a honda and other name brands.... a leak is a leak and the fix is the same...